»

nationwide closing my accounts - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

nationwide closing my accounts

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
22 replies 1.6K views

Replies

• JuicyJesusJuicyJesus Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if this was a real thread.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Ben8282Ben8282 PPR
    4.8K posts
    Newshound!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did this happen in the UK? I note the use of the word 'check' rather than 'cheque' so I wondered ...
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    12.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takmon wrote: »
    You have messed up here... those 4 bits i have highlighted are a very obvious attempt of you trying to get into "character" and overdoing it!. If you had written those parts normally then most people probably wouldn't have questioned your authenticity but it makes it so obvious :rotfl:
    Some do really [STRIKE]write[/STRIKE] rite that way these days. She got a lot to learn still, as she forgot to sprinkle in a dose of 'would of' and 'should of'.
    Ben8282 wrote:
    Did this happen in the UK?
    Good point. There used to be a Nationwide Bank in the US, too. It's stopped trading though, and there isn't a "llydes" [sic] in the US. Not that there's one of these here, either :rotfl: but she also mentions TSB and Santander. Definitely UK, then.
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    12.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be a co-incidence, but Accou3 made a re-appearance yesterday, and they always seem to be accompanied by another unlikely poster.
  • Terry_TowellingTerry_Towelling Forumite
    2.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    And who would have thought the collective noun for 'shoulders' was a 'wight'. Of course, we all know the collective noun for bankers is a wunch.
  • GaleSF63GaleSF63 Forumite
    421 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    OP didn't have any trouble spelling "discrepancies" I see.
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    22.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be being thick, but if someone could tranlate a wight of shoulders I would appreciate it. It's got me stumped.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • BooJewelsBooJewels Forumite
    731 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I read it as 'weight off shoulders'?

They missed the trick of using a 3 dot ellipses instead of full stops though - that's often a troll flag.
  • 18cc18cc Forumite
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably showing my ignorance but what is 'a three dot elipses' !
  • BooJewelsBooJewels Forumite
    731 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    18cc wrote: »
    Probably showing my ignorance but what is 'a three dot elipses' !
    When you do this [...] to indicate that there was some additional content removed. For example, if I wanted to selectively quote sections from a long post, I'd use it where content was deleted for brevity.

I don't know if it's the same person, but a lot of new posters with preposterous tales will write in short bursts ..... and use several periods ...... Instead of one and a capital letter to indicate sentences.