Thomas Cook Flights changed

Options
Hi all,
I am not sure where to post, so I thought I may get some help here. We booked our package for next year with Love Holidays, and the flights we chose specifically as we didn't wish to fly with easy jet or have the late night arrival, so paid the extra to have the TC flights. We have received an email to say they have changed our flights to easy jet - no choice of whether to accept. I have also had an email from easy jet confirming the cost - they are cheaper than what we booked yet Love Holidays are not making any adjustment in our favour. Surely this is wrong - they have basically given us the cheaper flights we avoided booking and are not refunding us difference. We now wish to cancel but wondered if anyone knew the rights - I thought they had to replace with equal or higher alternatives. Any advice would be great. I totally understand how this has affected people, and I am not ranting, I just would like to know where I stand with regards to a refund on the fact they've sold us cheaper but not shown that on our booking. Thank you

Comments

• Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How do you know easyjet flight is still cheaper?

Since there is no more Thomas Cook, I would assume easyjet will put up their price as there is higher demand and no competition.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Be cheerful, you've got flights!
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely. as far as package holidays go, a plane is a plane, whoever operates it.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If they charged you the prices that are being touted around at the moment you would have been on crying that the price of your holiday had gone through the roof.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • gingercordial
    Options
    What's the longest flight that easyjet does - maybe 3 hours? Chin up, you can put up with anything for 3 hours.

It may not be what you wanted but look on the bright side, you still have flights. Would you really want to lose your whole holiday over it?
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What's the longest flight that easyjet does - maybe 3 hours? Chin up, you can put up with anything for 3 hours.

It may not be what you wanted but look on the bright side, you still have flights. Would you really want to lose your whole holiday over it?

5hr 20 to Hurghada would be my guess.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Given the chaos and high work loads that must be experienced in the travel industry at the moment trying to sort out people’s travel following the failure of Thomas Cook, all credit to Love Holidays coming up with new flights for you within 24hrs. I think they deserve your thanks.
  • stephb34
    stephb34 Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You truly are ungrateful.
    You still have your holiday, you haven't got to make a claim for loss of TC flights, you've been given the best option there is for free. Have some thought for people who have lost many things, weddings, honeymoons, their money cause no Atol or credit card, their jobs. The hotels who won't be paid for this years business so might not make next year. The people who have TC vouchers that aren't worth the paper they're written on, the TC workers abroad who are working for free to get everyone home.
    Ask if you can cancel you may owe more money than the deposit you have paid. Count your blessings and look forward to your lovely holiday that many people would love.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    AngieH25 wrote: »
    We now wish to cancel but wondered if anyone knew the rights - I thought they had to replace with equal or higher alternatives.

You could start by reading the T&Cs of the company you entered into a contract with.

"Any change to the operating carrier(s) after your booking has been confirmed will be notified to you as soon as possible. Any change in the identity of the airline, flight timings and/or aircraft type will not entitle you to cancel or change to other flight arrangements without paying charges, except where specified."
  • bradders1983
    Options
    What a snob. Not going to be any difference in the service between a TC short haul and an Easyjet flight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure