Vodafone dispute with MSE

Options
I have just spoken to Vodafone to query a point before taking out broadband with them, they told me they are in dispute with MSE as the price advertised on the site is wrong and my online order would probably be cancelled. They wanted me to join through them, pay £2 a month more and not receive the £100 gift card. This all seemed strange because the MSE link took me to Vodafone and the price was as advertised. Has anyone sucessfully joined via the MSE link recently.

Comments

• DevonFella
    DevonFella Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have joined, but an earlier promotion going live mid May. Switched from BT. If you haven't yet switched to Vodaphone be very careful as while the speed is good, WiFi transmission through our house is appalling! I can be sat within 6 feet of the router streaming a radio station and it will stop to buffer. BT was miles better with WiFi although twice the price.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WiFi transmission through our house is appalling!

This might be fixed multiple ways - find out what channel your BT Router was using, and change your Vodafone router to use that. Or maybe go back to using your BT router.
  • Boxman
    Boxman Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 July 2019 at 5:18PM
    Options
    If it helps I've been with Vodafone for a few months now using their router. I recently converted a bedroom to an office and initially didn't get a strong wifi signal and download speeds of around 3 mbps on my desktop (built in card). I found by merely turning the router through 90 deg the speed immediately went up to 20 or so. I then fixed an spare Netgear dongle to the pc and now get 5 bars and consistent speeds of 37 despite the signal having to go through two walls.

Using a wifi analyser app I can see seven different routers, with the selector set to automatic the pc nearly always connects on channel 1.

Signal strength seems fine throughout the house and I don't get any buffering when streaming to my smart 4k TV.
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2019 at 9:11PM
    Options
    YES, I signed up for that deal. Contacted them today to check it was proceeding OK as hadn't heard anything. After about an hour and three people they suddenly discovered my order had been cancelled but they would like to sign me up over the phone again, denied £100 voucher was anything to do with them, no explanation.

Deeply annoying. I know people say Vodafone are terrible but you always think it won't happen to you.

I'm not sure what I do now. My EE contract is ending in a few days and the price going up, I thought I had it all organised.
  • mnbvcxz
    Options
    Hmm Vodafone are now claiming that I signed up via an affiliate link so it is a "third party transaction". Never mind that it was a vodafone.com website that took my details, credit checked me and gave me a vodafone order number.

I have tried emailing the awin voucher site and the moneysavingxperts help address in case it shakes anything loose.

Not sure I want to win this mind, the more I try and chase it the crazier it all sounds. maybe I should just look elsewhere, cut my losses and accept I will never know what was going on.
  • mnbvcxz
    Options
    Well moneysaving expert website replied but just said thankyou for letting us know of your experience. And why didn't I check out their other offers on their cheap broadband page?

So there is it is. Who knows.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,083 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2019 at 10:58PM
    Options
    I have raised this with the Forum Team, they will look into it.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hhmmmmmm I have just seen this thread. We signed up with the £100 offer. 3 days later we got a phone call to say the website had played up and they needed to confirm everything again. We did this but now I am very suspicious that they did this to stop us getting the £100.

We haven't got any email yet on how to claim the £100 either.
  • gwwishy
    gwwishy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Avoid Vodafone like the plague. Doesn't matter how cheap the offer is, their customer support and attitude is absolutely shocking. My activate date (moved from Sky) was 28th June. This didn't happen, and was rescheduled to 1st July. On 2nd July the line failed, and as of today (16th July), they've still not fixed it, despite numerous calls and a formal complaint. Which? have given me wording for a formal complaint letter - I wish I'd never left Sky.
  • therealgiblet
    therealgiblet Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2019 at 2:28PM
    Options
    DO NOT JOIN VODAFONE!!!

Their broadband equipment in the Exchanges is so over utilised that you will experience severe throttling, latency and low speeds (irrespective of your sync speed).

Look here if you want to validate this yourself:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/bd-p/Speed

I joined for 3 days before leaving the service. Worst Fibre broadband I've 'EVER' had...

The mainstream press should of picked up on this but somehow haven't. I don't know how Vodafone are getting away with it.

TheRegister picked up on it in March - but the issues are still happening....

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/01/vodafone_video_streaming_slowness_line_cards/

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport