Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aib51
    • By Aib51 17th May 19, 3:15 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Aib51
    Premier Park Ltd Fine
    • 17th May 19, 3:15 PM
    Premier Park Ltd Fine 17th May 19 at 3:15 PM
    I received a fine from Premier Park Ltd early February, appealed. Got rejected. Appealed to POPLA, got rejected. Now have a letter from Premier Park demanding payment. I know I paid for the parking, they say I didn't. I didn't keep the ticket. Part of the evidence they sent POPLA was a list of number plates they had recorded during the time I was at the car park. I couldn't check whether mine was on there as half the letters and numbers were blocked out.
    I think it is possible I made a slight mistake when putting my number plate in. I remember the weather that day. It was blizzard conditions. I do know I bought a ticket and put it in the car. I didn't check to see if the number plate was typed in exactly right. I believe if I could see the list something very similar to mine might be on it. If that is the case they know they have received the right amount of money for the number of cars parked don't they?
    Is there any point me pursuing this? I am very frustrated that I have to find 100 when I paid, especially as my husband has been made unemployed since then. However, I have no evidence do I? Reading others' posts I realise I should have taken different action from the beginning but here I am , at this point. Any advice?
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 19, 7:17 PM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 19, 7:17 PM
    • 17th May 19, 7:17 PM
    Send them a SAR (see second post of the NEWBIES thread) asking for all photos & data held and a copy of the VRN list, suitably redacted but showing a 'near miss' VRN allocated to a payment of x.xx paid in cash around xxpm, as you believe due to the blizzard weather and/or faded keys on the keypad, or a system error, a close match keying error ay have occurred, which the BPA stated in 2018 must not give rise to a PCN.

DO NOT remind them they already provided a list at POPLA stage!

Guess what I am looking to see, by asking for it again? Differences...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Aib51
    • By Aib51 18th May 19, 9:36 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aib51
    • 18th May 19, 9:36 AM
    • 18th May 19, 9:36 AM
    Thank you so much for replying. I am new to this site and struggling to locate the Newbies post. How do I do that?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 18th May 19, 9:41 AM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 4,360 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 18th May 19, 9:41 AM
    • 18th May 19, 9:41 AM
    Read Coupon-mad's signature OR click back until you are on the first page of the forum - it say's in big writing Parking Tickets, Fines and Parking, then it is the third post down (usually) and starts: -
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 19, 7:47 PM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th May 19, 7:47 PM
    • 18th May 19, 7:47 PM
    Thank you so much for replying. I am new to this site and struggling to locate the Newbies post. How do I do that?
    Originally posted by Aib51
    You posted under my signature telling you! I have no idea how people miss it and ask.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th May 19, 7:49 AM
    • 13,115 Posts
    • 13,447 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 19th May 19, 7:49 AM
    • 19th May 19, 7:49 AM
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Aib51
    • By Aib51 19th May 19, 10:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aib51
    • 19th May 19, 10:17 PM
    SAR complete
    • 19th May 19, 10:17 PM
    Thank you for the advice. I managed to find the Newbies thread and have now written to Premier Park asking for the data etc. Let's see if they still blank out all the important VRNs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,526Posts Today

5,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin