Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 15th May 19, 10:49 PM
    • 326Posts
    • 141Thanks
    Emily Joy
    Chaotic Branch Opening Times
    • 15th May 19, 10:49 PM
    Chaotic Branch Opening Times 15th May 19 at 10:49 PM
    I wonder whether this situation is "normal" or should I be making a complaint.

The local branch which I really need to visit (another branches won't do) seems to have totally unpredictable opening times. Last Friday it was supposed to be open as usual according to the website, but when I got there it was shut down with a notice "this branch is closed today, we will be open on Monday". I couldn't come on Monday so I visited again today (Wednesday) to find a similar notice "this branch is closed on 15th and 16th of May, we will be open again on Friday".
    I am pretty certain (based on google reviews) that this happens every week.
    Any thoughts are appreciated.
Page 2
    • meer53
    • By meer53 16th May 19, 6:38 PM
    • 9,451 Posts
    • 13,825 Thanks
    meer53
    A lot of branches which are open on Saturdays won't have any counter service. If something important is required, always best to call ahead to check.
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 16th May 19, 9:16 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    Emily Joy
    I'm assuming that as part of some business you regularly receive payments in foreign currencies into this account/s and then have a need to withdraw it.
    If you wanted to simply travel abroad and withdraw cash in the local currency from GBP with no fees and almost perfect exchange rate then there are plenty of accounts for that but your needs seem more complex.
    Originally posted by Takmon
    Well, simply spending money has always been easier than earning them.
    I get my travel expenses reimbursed by host organizations, and the payments tends to be in their local currency, whatever it is. I then withdraw funds (without currency conversion) to take with me on the next trip.
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 17th May 19, 12:45 AM
    • 6,191 Posts
    • 5,633 Thanks
    mgdavid

Apart from Metro Bank, no banks are even open on a Saturday in London. ........
    Originally posted by 20SmthngSver

Patently untrue.
    Lots of Barclays branches in London are open on Saturdays.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

449Posts Today

4,031Users online

Martin's Twitter