Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Noon
    • By Noon 13th Apr 19, 2:16 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Noon
    Water meter/ 2 person tariff
    • 13th Apr 19, 2:16 PM
    Water meter/ 2 person tariff 13th Apr 19 at 2:16 PM
    Hello

I am new to the forum and wanted to share my recent experience.
    Spurred on by the advice to investigate a water meter, I found that my bill should reduce by several hundred pounds..
    I arranged for installation but was told that due to the location of the stopcock, it wasn't possible. The engineer said that in the light of this he would arrange for me to go on a 2 person tariff which would reduce my bills.
    This is the first that I have heard of such a thing and why wasn't I offered this in any case?
    I am still waiting for the promised correspondence but in the meantime, does anyone have either experience or any thoughts please.
Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 13th Apr 19, 2:19 PM
    • 777 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 13th Apr 19, 2:19 PM
    • 13th Apr 19, 2:19 PM
    http://ccwater.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3

Here you go.
    • Noon
    • By Noon 16th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Noon
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:45 PM
    Thank you.

I'll have a think about it now I have the information
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 16th Apr 19, 6:40 PM
    • 27,806 Posts
    • 13,680 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:40 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:40 PM
    This is the first that I have heard of such a thing and why wasn't I offered this in any case?
    Originally posted by Noon

You have to apply for a meter before you can get an assessed tariff.

For most people an as assessed tariff is a 'no brainer'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

562Posts Today

5,454Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin