Savvy Benefits Card scam

Options
This company is a scam!!! Feel like I got duped as well into getting this card when I applied for a loan. I entered my bank details for a loan application but it went to this website. Trying to get back the £29.99 membership fee from them is impossible. I was promised it would be returned within 3-5 working days but it’s been 8 days. When you phone them it diverts to a customer service line in the US where you speak to possibly the rudest, unfriendly, unhelpful customer service team. I got a woman who basically ranted at me and put the phone down on me. I’ve never experienced customer service as bad it was quite a shock being spoken to which such bad attitude. I just don’t have a good feeling about the company at all.

I have a feeling I won’t be getting the money back even though you can cancel within 14 days. The email address is memberservice@savvybenefitscard.co.uk but when you try to email them the address is invalid and emails return back to sender.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Or know how I can get my money back? The registered company is in Guernsey but the customer service is based in Minneapolis. The department is terrible.

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you initially check on the website that you haven't actually joined a subscription service? That would be my first concern.
  • G_Noakes
    Options
    It is apparently a subscription service to save money - savvybenefitscard

I did originally want a short term loan for an emergency- my credit score is poor and stupidly tried to apply for a loan of £200 through a loan broker called newhorizons I put in my bank and card details through them hoping I could find a short term lender. All my details went to the Savvy website. I thought it was a loan company and stupidly didn’t read the description and pressed accept. I just didn’t realise I’d signed up to a money saving website that takes £29 subscription. I know it’s my fault I just thought it was a bit misleading too. Anyway I’m just trying to get it cancelled and money back (within my rights) but finding it difficult. They emailed to say they would refund but I haven’t received. The customer service is a joke and email address for the member services does not work. Not sure what to do
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 February 2019 at 12:04PM
    Options
    G_Noakes wrote: »
    It is apparently a subscription service to save money - savvybenefitscard

I did originally want a short term loan for an emergency- my credit score is poor and stupidly tried to apply for a loan of £200 through a loan broker called newhorizons I put in my bank and card details through them hoping I could find a short term lender. All my details went to the Savvy website. I thought it was a loan company and stupidly didn’t read the description and pressed accept. I just didn’t realise I’d signed up to a money saving website that takes £29 subscription. I know it’s my fault I just thought it was a bit misleading too. Anyway I’m just trying to get it cancelled and money back (within my rights) but finding it difficult. They emailed to say they would refund but I haven’t received. The customer service is a joke and email address for the member services does not work. Not sure what to do

"Savvy Benefits Card is available to any member of the UK general public. It is an subscription based membership. To join costs £29.99, then a monthly fee of £14.99. To get your Savvy Benefits Card membership, CLICK HERE"

The email address is invalid but you received a reply stating you are being refunded? According to their terms and conditions:

Under the Consumer Protection Regulations, you have the right to withdraw from this Agreement within fourteen (14) days without giving any reason. The right to withdraw will cancel this Agreement. It ends on the expiry of fourteen (14) calendar days beginning with the day after the Agreement is concluded which is the day you apply for the service. You can cancel by giving written notice of cancellation to, Coach-House Studio Annexe, St Peter Port, GUERNSEY GY1 1QA or by email to memberservice@savvybenefitscard.com or telephone to 08081012206. If you intend to cancel, you should not use any services you have received under the Agreement.

If you cancel your Membership within fourteen (14) days, you will receive a refund of the Application Fee. There will be no refund in the event you cancel after the (14) calendar days. You must allow at least seven (7) business days from the day of cancellation for your refund to be processed.

If you withdraw from this Agreement after fourteen (14) days, the Company is not obliged to return your Application Fee.

"We may choose to cancel your Membership by giving you 14 days’ notice in writing to your last known address or email at the end of any subscription period for which a payment has been made , or to cancel any Membership at any time by giving a pro rata refund of any unexpired portion of an outstanding membership. All refunds will be made within 14 days from the date of cancellation."

Always read terms and conditions when you are paying money to a service.

As usual not a SCAM but I would not sign up to them.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • G_Noakes
    Options
    The memeberservice email on the terms doesn’t work when you email it only this email works - support@savvybenefitscard.com but they don’t reply to that either. I only received one email back from them to say it would be back in my account 3-5 working days but it’s way past that. When you speak to the team based in the US they are rude and unhelpful. From reviews I’ve seen I don’t hold out much hope I’m getting my money back
  • Hasbeen
    Options
    The memeberservice email on the terms doesn’t work when you email it only this email works - support@savvybenefitscard.com but they don’t reply to that either. I only received one email back from them to say it would be back in my account 3-5 working days but it’s way past that. When you speak to the team based in the US they are rude and unhelpful. From reviews I’ve seen I don’t hold out much hope I’m getting my money back

Email worked for me. Perhaps try again?
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    All my details went to the Savvy website. I thought it was a loan company and stupidly didn’t read the description and pressed accept. I just didn’t realise I’d signed up to a money saving website that takes £29 subscription.
    So not a scam at all then...
  • G_Noakes
    Options
    Nope memberservice@savvybenefitscard.co.uk doesn’t work just got a fourth reply back from them to say -

<memberservice@savvybenefitscard.co.uk>:
    Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

Thanks for investigating though 👍🏼
  • It is a members service, which costs a monthly subscription. I cannot find that it is a loan company. No it is not a scam. It offers nice trinkets for a lot more than they cost elsewhere! Yet I see no prices.

https://www.savvybenefitscard.com/
  • Hasbeen
    Options
    Nope memberservice@savvybenefitscard.co.uk doesn’t work just got a fourth reply back from them to say -

<memberservice@savvybenefitscard.co.uk>:
    Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

Thanks for investigating though 👍🏼

Odd I sent the email yesterday and did not receive a bounce back.

Hope you get your promised refund.

let us know outcome. Good luck
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    OP make sure that you cancel your continuous authority with your bank to stop any further debits to your account.
    Keep a record of the fact that you were given confirmation that a refund would be forthcoming as well as the terms and conditions of joining - if they don't pay you back ask your bank to charge it back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure