IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New CCJ Noticed on file

Options
Hi All,

Spent the past few hours going through this thread in a bit of detail as today i've had a new CCJ appear on my Equifax credit report and it relates to the CCBC rather than the normal CCMC that i have dealt with a few years back. After searching through the forums it appears this more than likely be from some parking company, although I honestly don't know yet as I haven't had any mail at all about it, not even from the court, but something must have been submitted to the courts for them to add something on right? I should add that I haven't lived at my old address for 5 months and we haven't had any notification of any post from new owners as the house is still empty after our departure. I am not sure what to do to be honest although i have pre-armed myself with a lot of info from these forums already regarding claims from parking companies, as that seems to be where the bulk of these claims are coming from.
Any help and guidance along the way would be much appreciated.
I should also add that I will try and speak to my previous landlord to see of they can gain access to the house for me to see if there is any post, but i'm guessing that even if there was, its probably been binned.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Extankman
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek:I should also add that the amount claimed is for £6500 pounds :eek::eek::eek:
  • Whatisinaname
    Options
    Are you sure? That's a lot of parking tickets . Who got the ccj?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Call the court
    Get ALL the details you can from there.
    Until you do so, not a hope of us hepling as we have no details

Be aware you will need to get a SET ASIDE application in within 21 days AT THE OUTSIDE.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And contact DVLA to find out who may have requested your details; and how many times.
  • Extankman
    Options
    The CCJ is on my file. I've not got any details until I can get in to my old property. I dint have any other possibility as all lines of credit are accounted for and being maintained.
    If it's already on my credit file am I out of time to set aside?
    I'll call the court later this afternoon out of work
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Extankman wrote: »
    The CCJ is on my file. I've not got any details until I can get in to my old property. I dint have any other possibility as all lines of credit are accounted for and being maintained.
    If it's already on my credit file am I out of time to set aside?
    I'll call the court later this afternoon out of work

£6500 pounds seems unlikely for private parking , what use is out of date paperwork from your old house

you need to contact the courts , and I believe Trust online to get the correct info
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    am I out of time to set aside?
    If the 'pay by' date has passed, then a set aside is the only way to prevent the judgment affecting your credit status. Even if you had 6.5 grand available, if you've missed the deadline set by the Judge, paying off the amount now will not help your credit status.

Getting the set aside application in as soon as possible once you know about the situation is imperative, and I think nosferatu's '21 days' refers to this.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Confirm that the address the DVLA has is the correct one for the car and that you have not forgotten to update if/when you moved house.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    as stated above £6500 is a lot for a parking co , thats 65 tickets at £100 each , or at least 20-25 after gladrags have added fees on

I suspect the OP would know if they had received that many tickets

this is more likely to be a car type insurance thing where OP has been involved in accident and his insurance have not paid out

the courts /trust online need contacting next , before chasing DVLA , and before starting a set aside application up
  • Extankman
    Options
    So i've managed to get in to the old house and retrieve the paperwork.

It seems that a company called PRA Group UK Limited purchased a debt from 2007 from Welcome Finance, which a good few years ago i was advised to cease paying by my DMP company as they could not provide a signed loan agreement copy.
    The loan was sold to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Oslo, Zug Branch initially in Mar 2013 and then on to PRA in Dec 2013 who claimed they had sent me letters, which they must have done as they've added that they received payments up until April 2017 when they stopped.

This is clearly not parking ticket related and i have no clue now how i proceed, i'm guessing im just going to have to suck this one up :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure