IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New CCJ Noticed on file

Options

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    possably better in this forum https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257

however , 2007 bought DEBT , so it must have defaulted before that date

but the question remains "as they've added that they received payments up until April 2017 when they stopped. " , did you pay them upto that date or NOT
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    While they're not much good with private parking cases (we never recommend them for that purpose), but I wonder if the CAB might be able to help, or can point you in the direction of some potent help.

As I said earlier, even if you can, paying this off now hardly improves your credit status - you're stuck with it for 6 years. But if the creditor decides to enforce, you could be getting a knock on your door at 5:30am (and it's unlikely to be Santa, despite the time of year) and maybe something nasty attached to one of your car wheels.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Extankman
    Options
    These are the case particulars;

"The claimant claims the sum of £5981.03 for an outstanding debt owed. On 31/12/2007 the defendant entered into an agreement with Welcome Financial Services Limited for a bank loan under ref XXXXXXX. On 02/02/2011 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £5981.03. On 28/03/2013 the debt of £7357.40 was assigned to Aktiv Kapital portfolio AS, Oslo, Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Group UK limited on the 31/12/2014. Notices of assignement were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 Law of Property Act 1925. PAyments of £1376.37 were recieved up to 10/04/2017. And the claimant claims 1. The sum of £5981.03. "

This loan was not a bank loan, it was finance for a car. The car was repossessed way back in 2010 and no further contact from welcome was ever recieved. Back in Feb 2014 an offer to settle was made and was refused by Aktiv Kapital, the old DMP company can confirm this. In Nov 2015 the DMP company approached the debt holder to ask for a copy of the loan agreement which they could not supply. Initially it looks as if I was making payments as part of my DMP, then an offer was made, which was refused, then it came to light that they hadn't provided a copy of the agreement and so it was stopped and then in the amount of debts i had its obviously slipped under the radar after being sold on and been added to my DMP as starting payments again until i stopped using a charging DMP company and went with Stepchange, who coincidentally don't have it on my list of creditors,none of these company names is even on my credit file.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    " Back in Feb 2014 an offer to settle was made and was refused by Aktiv Kapital, the old DMP company can confirm this. "

dont forget to thank Aktiv Kapital, the old DMP company for reopening a can of worms , the origional default date was back in 2011 , and would have run out (6 yrs) in 2017 , Aktiv Kapital, have reset the 6 yr clock , and must be thanked
  • Extankman
    Options
    So have PRA Group now reset that clock also as they were receiving payments up until 10/04/17?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    you need to as old DMC and stepchange what the hell where they doing
  • Extankman
    Options
    Sorry i don't get what you are trying to say here :(
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Extankman wrote: »
    So have PRA Group now reset that clock also as they were receiving payments up until 10/04/17?
    It would have done as it's 6 years from date of last payment, but it's probably not relevant now since they have a court judgement.
  • Extankman
    Extankman Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 19 December 2018 at 6:11PM
    Options

Sorry this one i don't understand?

I'm also assuming that as i've made payments that i have accepted that i owe the loan? I really don't know what to do about this, i would have thought that the sale of the car would have offset some of the loan repay required but as i've no paperwork from Welcome, Aktiv or PRA regarding this i have no idea of the breakdown. Can i ask for a SAR and if so will it help in any way?
  • Extankman
    Options

Sorry this one i don't understand
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts