IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New CCJ Noticed on file

Options

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    you need to contact your old debt management Co ans ask why this sneaked thru
  • Extankman
    Options
    you need to contact your old debt management Co ans ask why this sneaked thru
    I have asked them for any info on it, specifically a signed CCA with welcome finance.

My issues might be that by paying some payments to PRA i have now admitted liability.

Is it worth asking PRA for a S A R with all of my file info including that from Welcome and Aktiv Kapital which they must have received in the buying and selling of the debt?

Thanks for the help so far :)
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    I am sorry I cannot help any more , this is not my field , I suggested another forum , go there and ask
  • Extankman
    Options
    Thanks very much all. I have opened up on other thread to see what can be done, if anything
  • Farmer_Johnson
    Options
    Extankman wrote: »
    Sorry this one i don't understand?

I'm also assuming that as i've made payments that i have accepted that i owe the loan? I really don't know what to do about this, i would have thought that the sale of the car would have offset some of the loan repay required but as i've no paperwork from Welcome, Aktiv or PRA regarding this i have no idea of the breakdown. Can i ask for a SAR and if so will it help in any way?
    What is it that you want to achieve? You seem to accept that you did borrow the money, that you didn’t stick with the agreement, and that the CCJ seems to be valid; what’s the angle here?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This really is the wrong forum for discussion on this. I just don't think the OP is best served here.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Extankman
    Options
    What is it that you want to achieve? You seem to accept that you did borrow the money, that you didn’t stick with the agreement, and that the CCJ seems to be valid; what’s the angle here?

I borrowed money from Welcome Financial Services for a car. Payments were being made, my financial circumstances changed and the payments stopped, car was repossessed and nothing was ever heard from Welcome again, maybe niaivly i thought that would be the end of it. This was in 2008, i never ever heard from Aktiv Kapital and i only heard from PRA Group in Feb this year although i do know that my old DMP company approached PRA for a copy of the CCA in 2014 and this couldn't be provided.
    My angle is that without a CCA being provided is the remainder enforceable?
    Can i get a break down of original loan, payments made, amount due after repossession and finally amount due after any payments made via DMP prior to the CCA being requested and payment ceasing.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this anything to do with parking?

I can't see it myself.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Is this anything to do with parking?

I can't see it myself.

Precisely! :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Extankman
    Options
    not any more its not, thats why i have moved it to another thread, initially it was thought that it may have been but turns out its not. Sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport