IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Claim Form - Please help

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hurtbuyer wrote: »
    Thank you. If I can't login to MCOL, is there any other way to know that the defence file has actually been accepted?
    Yes of course. Phone the CCBC and ask them.

You could also ask them to reset your MCOL login details.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the defendant can phone them in a few days and check and possibly ask for a password reset or confirmation in writing (did you not think the phone could be used ? - it seems obvious to me)
  • hurtbuyer
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Yes of course. Phone the CCBC and ask them.

You could also ask them to reset your MCOL login details.

Fab, thank you. I will do tomorrow. Your prompt help is most appreciated :T!
  • hurtbuyer
    Options
    Hi All
    I have now received a sheet in the post called a 'Directions Questionnaire' which seems to be do with mediation but I am confused as it seems to be for Parking Eye or their rep to fill out. Many of the items are already ticked.
    The paper looks very unofficial and it came in an envelope with my name and address hand written in terrible handwriting!
    Providing pics of the form. I will be grateful for any advice on this as I am really confused.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Pnw78NmUUgGASd4Edn29TulFwGVitPp/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kTjWKRUUm7Ks7Jy1AlLmWjPMtDc3nY5t/view
  • Redx
    Options
    perhaps the claimant sent it ?

have you had one from Northampton CCBC yet ?

read the NEWBIES FAQ thread, post #2 again, and read the BARGEPOLE advice he posted over 2 years ago
  • KeithP
    Options
    More recent versions of the list in post #2 above include:
    • Do not be surprised to receive a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to put you under pressure.
    • Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • hurtbuyer
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    perhaps the claimant sent it ?

have you had one from Northampton CCBC yet ?

read the NEWBIES FAQ thread, post #2 again, and read the BARGEPOLE advice he posted over 2 years ago

I didn't receive anything from the Northampton CCBC regarding a DQ. By the looks of it, this is from Parking Eye trying to pressurise me?

Should I assume that the fact that they are filling this form means that they are taking the court route?

I am sorry but I am struggling a little bit in finding the bit to do with the Directions Questionnaire in post #2.

Is it the link to thread below from bargepole explaining the process?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546325
  • KeithP
    Options
    hurtbuyer wrote: »
    I am sorry but I am struggling a little bit in finding the bit to do with the Directions Questionnaire in post #2.

Is it the link to thread below from bargepole explaining the process?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546325
    Did you read that post you linked to?

Does it give any clues at all on how to deal with a Directions Questionnaire?
  • hurtbuyer
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Did you read that post you linked to?

Does it give any clues at all on how to deal with a Directions Questionnaire?

Yes, I did and it did give good information.

3. Court looks at claim and defence and makes a provisional allocation to the small claims track and sends the parties a Directions Questionnaire. When both parties have filled these in, the court will then send the claim out to the Defendant's local court (PPCs often ask for it to be sent to THEIR local court but the rules are that it must go to Defendant's local court; PPCs also often argue for no hearing and for it to be dealt with on paper, but you object to that and ask for a hearing).

and on https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5504705&page=4 post #68 I found the following by IamEmanresu

You wait for the DQ from the court and this is how you fill it out. If the DQ does not arrive within a week, check with the court.

Quote:
    Filling out the form

A1 = Say NO to mediation (they want the whole amount, you want to pay them nothing, so no scope for mediation. This will not go against you). Mediation is run by a commercial company on behalf of the courts and their success is measured by how many cases are kept out of court. They are not interested in the merits of the case, only whether you will pay or not. So say No.

B = fill in all the details, your name, your address, etc. This is the address that all the paperwork will be sent to. If you are moving home within 6 months make sure you have mail redirection in place. You will get a default CCJ if the paperwork doesn't get to you as the Courts see it as your responsibility to give a correct address.

C1 = YES to small claims track – this is the limited costs track for claims up to £10,000 in value

D1 = name of your local County Court – unless you are a Limited company, the case files will be transferred there. They will ask for theirs but protocol dictates it is your court. For example, MIL Collections always asks for Truro and Devere Parking always ask for Bournemouth. You, literally, do not want to go there.

D2 = NO to expert evidence (this relates to medical negligence cases and suchlike)

D3 = 1 witness (that’s you) (or more if you are going to get another person to provide a statement)

D4 = Put down the dates of any pre-booked holidays, NO to interpreter (unless you need one)

You send a copy to the courts and another copy to the Claimant company. Keep a copy for yourself. As mentioned before, there is a long delay (20+ weeks) between this form and an actual day in court.

Since you quoted the two items in your previous post, I was trying to find the post which contained that assuming that you wanted me to read a specific post with perhaps more detail. Sorry not trying to bother you for no good reason. If this is all I need to know for the DQ, I will wait for it to come through.

I see that the post above talks about the DQ coming in a week. Is that from the submission of defence because I submitted my defence a month back.
  • Redx
    Options
    yes, but sometimes the procedures fail, hence why you can download one and fill it in yourself, like the claimants do

sometimes defendants seem to wait forever and then cause themselves issues, which is why KeithP adds his caveat like he posted above and BARGEPOLE posted his advice 2 years and 3 months ago , so its nothing new

if the systems were foolproof , we wouldnt have to tell people to watch out for the unexpected
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure