Two speeding tickets inside 15 mins

Options

Comments

• TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2018 at 8:00AM
    Options
    If you were on the same journey, and caught twice in a very short time - i.e. two cameras along the same short stretch of road then you could ask for the two offences to be treated as one - and although they don't have to be, you might be successful.

But - going in different directions, in different vehicles, that isn't going to be accepted (although nothing to stop you asking) - it will be a second 3pts/£100.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    If my infuriating father drives me over the edge, and I end up killing my mother as well, will I only be charged with a single offence if I kill both of them at the same time?
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    Actually i do feel very sorry for the OP...my mate got charged with 4 murders last week.

He said just the same thing as he committed all 4 on the same day and left all four bodies in same KFC toilet,he should only get done for one as police time was greatly reduced.

He also argued that as the four people in question were politicians and there for no one liked them,surely he should get off with just a slap on the wrist as no real harm done.

Whilst the police did agree with him in principle,they said the law is the law and he must go to the big house and have something i cant mention here "showed in"...which sounds quite fun i must say.

The OP was speeding,he choose to disregard the limit...he took a chance and got caught not once but three times,but as "we all do it" or so they say he feels victimised,just as the Mobile phone user feels victimised as does the drink driver who despite being twice drink drive limit feels fine offikersir momest im stober guv....:beer:

So why do we feel its OK to break one law when we feel justified,yet its not for other laws....they only really work when we abide by them all,despite how trivial they may seem.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    If my infuriating father drives me over the edge, and I end up killing my mother as well, will I only be charged with a single offence if I kill both of them at the same time?

Worked for the Royal family........:eek:
  • Deastons
    Options
    So why do we feel its OK to break one law when we feel justified,yet its not for other laws....they only really work when we abide by them all,despite how trivial they may seem.

Someone on here recently was moaning that they'd got caught speeding but when their house was broken into, the police took ages to arrive.

People want to be protected by the law, but want to be able to break the law without consequence when it suits them (and then feel hard done-by when they get caught).
  • AndyMc.....
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    Someone on here recently was moaning that they'd got caught speeding but when their house was broken into, the police took ages to arrive.

People want to be protected by the law, but want to be able to break the law without consequence when it suits them (and then feel hard done-by when they get caught).

But when you reversed into that hole you tried to blame the householder. So what’s the difference?
  • Supersonos
    Options
    But when you reversed into that hole you tried to blame the householder. So what’s the difference?

You are a very sad man, following people around the forums writing one sentence replies that either offer no advice, point holes in their posts or just bully them.

You need to get a life! The OP drove into a hole. Who cares?!
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Supersonos wrote: »
    The OP drove into a hole.

No they didn't, they were caught speeding.
  • TooManyPoints
    TooManyPoints Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2018 at 1:47PM
    Options
    Pardon my cynicism but what does "notice says into a red light or something" mean?

Most forces use a "dual purpose" NIP which they issue for either speeding or red light offences. That's why yours said "Time into red = 0" because no red light offence was alleged.

Yes Andy Mc and I had a run in a few weeks back as he didn't like something I posted (when all I thought I was doing was adding some useful information about potential defences to S172 offences). No doubt my latest contribution will be similarly castigated as irrelevant (even though the topic has been mentioned by the OP and others). As I said then, I can live with it.

Just for completion, it is my opinion as well that your request to amalgamate the offences (or ditch one of them) will be politely declined: So you need to make sure you have two hundred smackers in the bank.
  • AndyMc.....
    Options
    Supersonos wrote: »
    You are a very sad man, following people around the forums writing one sentence replies that either offer no advice, point holes in their posts or just bully them.

You need to get a life! The OP drove into a hole. Who cares?!

No Mr Anti Speeding drove into the hole and tried to pass the blame. Do try and keep up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure