Two speeding tickets inside 15 mins

Options

Comments

• TooManyPoints
    Options
    No repeaters? Are there streetlights? 30.

Unless the road in question is a motorway.
  • Hermione_Granger
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Look, it's very simple. EVERY SINGLE person who passed their driving test in the UK has known this at one point.

Known it at one point but may well have forgotten which is why when posting what appears to be a statement of fact on a motoring forums, it's best to try to make sure that when you post is actually correct or at the very least, can't easily be misinterpreted.

Speaking of which, I'm glad you're here as I've been meaning to ask.
    Have you managed to find the relevant section of the Vienna convention on international traffic that covers the minimum insurance requirement when driving in signatory countries yet?
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Look, it's very simple. EVERY SINGLE person who passed their driving test in the UK has known this at one point.

Are there repeaters? They tell you the limit.
    No repeaters? Are there streetlights? 30.
    No repeaters or streetlights? NSL.
    So what's NSL? Count the carriageways. One? 60. Two? 70.
    Bingo. You always know the prevailing, enforceable speed limit, within a few hundred metres at most.

And, to pre-empt... That's for cars/motorcycles/small vans. Bigger stuff differs.

Agreed . But it appears that many can't even count the number of carriageways*. How can they remember the rest?

* = According to Joan Rivers, even Liz Hurley can count to two if she opens her blouse.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure they can count to two, it's just they don't appear to actually understand what a carriageway is. It's not a terribly hard concept...
  • Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pauli2 wrote: »
    Same camera but in different cars. The first is when I was returning in a pool car and about 15 mins later coming back in my private car. I've paid the £100 fine and sent my DL off for my offence and now the works car notice has arrived, I'm waiting find out from work exactly the date it was issued. However in the case everything was done correctly what are my chances of getting one offence cancelled due to the close proximity of the offences and only 3 points being applied? Thanks.
    No chance of getting one removed.

You missed the speed camera twice in a few minutes, you comitted two offences, on two separate trips.
    You're paying for it.

A friend used to speed out of one of the local villages a lot, right up until the day he got done twice in 30 minutes using the same car, they didn't say "well you've just had one ticket from the camera, we'll let you off the second one mate", as he committed two separate speeding offences.
  • Pauli2
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.

After checking with my employer, I have now discovered the NIP to them was issued and dated 18 days after the date of offence.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

After checking with my employer, I have now discovered the NIP to them was issued and dated 18 days after the date of offence.

If you are thinking it's late then ask them for the DocRef on page 2 of the V5c.
  • AndyMc.....
    Options

Have you seen the V5?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options

I bet they lease the car, and it went to the lease firm first.
  • Pauli2
    Options
    Ask who for the V5? Why, would that make a difference?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport