Directline mse £45 car insurance voucher

Hi,
looking for some help please.

I Purchased car insurance via MSE link for £45 from direct line on 9th April. No voucher ever received from them (I don't think that it was). Web chat advisor now claiming that was for home insurance only and direct line are washing their hands of it now.. Can anyone confirm that the offer running during 9th April on MSE was for £45 cash back for car insurance please?

thanks

Comments

• Thanks for posting foolsgold99. I've let the team who deal with this know.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Hi foolsgold99,

Sorry to hear this, Direct Line often outsources the management of its vouchers to third parties so its own staff aren't always fully up to date.

I've had a look in our archive and the offer said that once the policy is in place for 45 days, the voucher should be sent to you via e-mail within 7 days. Therefore depending on when your policy began the voucher may not be due yet.

If it is overdue, the guidelines we've been given by Direct Line say that you should send an e-mail to the voucher company at info@directlinetreat.co.uk. I hope this helps but if this doesn't get you anywhere, e-mail voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll provide further support.
  • foolsgold99
    foolsgold99 Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks MSE Harry. They're saying it was home insurance. However, I'm pretty sure it was car insurance which is what I purchased. Can you confirm in the archive it was care insurance please?

Thanks
  • Tennay
    Tennay Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 July 2018 at 8:47AM
    I’m having the same problems.
    I took a screen shot of the offer when I applied, I can’t post that in this forum, but I can assure you the offer was “purchase Direct Line Car Insurance online between 2nd and 10th April 2018 via MoneySaving Expert and receive a £45 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.”
  • foolsgold99
    Tennay wrote: »
    I’m having the same problems.
    I took a screen shot of the offer when I applied, I can’t post that in this forum, but I can assure you the offer was “purchase Direct Line Car Insurance online between 2nd and 10th April 2018 via MoneySaving Expert and receive a £45 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.”

I did a web chat with direct line and they tried to fib me off seating that it was home insurance and not car insurance.

NONSENSE!

I then contacted the voucher mob and they eventually got back to me saying that I should have had it. Told me that I would received it within two weeks. That’s now come and gone and I’ve had to contact them again to say nothing received. Emailed them again and response apologising and that they will look into it... still no £45 voucher
  • bakerrev
    bakerrev Posts: 57 Forumite
    I've not heard anything either. The time has come and gone with no voucher. I actually bought two car insurance policies. Have emailed the correct email but not holding out much hope. I have screen shots saying 'car insurance' which I sent them.
  • foolsgold99
    Email them. I got it in the end
  • bakerrev
    bakerrev Posts: 57 Forumite
    Cheers - will see how we get on.
  • Harvey07
    Harvey07 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am looking at buying either a multi car policy off the back of the £40 voucher offer currently on Direct Line car insurance or possibly two separate policies if I can potentially get two x £40 vouchers, but must confess, reading your experiences on this thread and others on the same topic they are making me wonder whether it’s worth all the hassle. Direct Line are about the same cost as my existing insurers but with slightly better cover & the voucher option(s) would seal it.

Any progress with your vouchers guys?
  • herbywan
    herbywan Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi I'm in the same boat I purchased my insurance policy on the 29th Aug 2019 but have not received my voucher also
    Please help the info line is ineffective
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport