Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • foolsgold99
    • By foolsgold99 2nd Jun 18, 9:25 AM
    • 383Posts
    • 73Thanks
    foolsgold99
    Directline mse £45 car insurance voucher
    • 2nd Jun 18, 9:25 AM
    Directline mse £45 car insurance voucher 2nd Jun 18 at 9:25 AM
    Hi,
    looking for some help please.

I Purchased car insurance via MSE link for £45 from direct line on 9th April. No voucher ever received from them (I don't think that it was). Web chat advisor now claiming that was for home insurance only and direct line are washing their hands of it now.. Can anyone confirm that the offer running during 9th April on MSE was for £45 cash back for car insurance please?

thanks
Page 1
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 4th Jun 18, 10:12 AM
    • 9,087 Posts
    • 21,927 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 4th Jun 18, 10:12 AM
    • 4th Jun 18, 10:12 AM
    Thanks for posting foolsgold99. I've let the team who deal with this know.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • MSE Harry
    • By MSE Harry 4th Jun 18, 10:33 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MSE Harry
    • 4th Jun 18, 10:33 AM
    • 4th Jun 18, 10:33 AM
    Hi foolsgold99,

Sorry to hear this, Direct Line often outsources the management of its vouchers to third parties so its own staff aren't always fully up to date.

I've had a look in our archive and the offer said that once the policy is in place for 45 days, the voucher should be sent to you via e-mail within 7 days. Therefore depending on when your policy began the voucher may not be due yet.

If it is overdue, the guidelines we've been given by Direct Line say that you should send an e-mail to the voucher company at info@directlinetreat.co.uk. I hope this helps but if this doesn't get you anywhere, e-mail voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll provide further support.
    • foolsgold99
    • By foolsgold99 11th Jun 18, 6:17 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    foolsgold99
    • 11th Jun 18, 6:17 PM
    • 11th Jun 18, 6:17 PM
    Thanks MSE Harry. They're saying it was home insurance. However, I'm pretty sure it was car insurance which is what I purchased. Can you confirm in the archive it was care insurance please?

Thanks
    • Tennay
    • By Tennay 13th Jul 18, 8:45 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tennay
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:45 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:45 AM
    Iím having the same problems.
    I took a screen shot of the offer when I applied, I canít post that in this forum, but I can assure you the offer was ďpurchase Direct Line Car Insurance online between 2nd and 10th April 2018 via MoneySaving Expert and receive a £45 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.Ē
    Last edited by Tennay; 13-07-2018 at 8:47 AM. Reason: Strange text appearing in body of post
    • foolsgold99
    • By foolsgold99 13th Jul 18, 9:10 AM
    • 383 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    foolsgold99
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:10 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:10 AM
    Iím having the same problems.
    I took a screen shot of the offer when I applied, I canít post that in this forum, but I can assure you the offer was ďpurchase Direct Line Car Insurance online between 2nd and 10th April 2018 via MoneySaving Expert and receive a £45 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.Ē
    Originally posted by Tennay
    I did a web chat with direct line and they tried to fib me off seating that it was home insurance and not car insurance.

NONSENSE!

I then contacted the voucher mob and they eventually got back to me saying that I should have had it. Told me that I would received it within two weeks. Thatís now come and gone and Iíve had to contact them again to say nothing received. Emailed them again and response apologising and that they will look into it... still no £45 voucher
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

741Posts Today

7,481Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin