Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AlanB1976
    • By AlanB1976 14th Apr 18, 1:03 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AlanB1976
    Casual spending bank account
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:03 PM
    Casual spending bank account 14th Apr 18 at 1:03 PM
    Hi all

Can any of you recommend a bank account that may be best for casual spending (no mortgage payments, household debits, salary payments, etc.)?
    I find my main bank account gets flooded with all these small contactless payments and ebay/amazon type little purchases. This makes it a pain when I want to analyse my main account. What I would like to do is set up another account that I basically use as my "cash". I will just pay in what I usually spend in a month on contactless, etc. and use that. That way my main account stays relatively simple and also reduces that which can be taken from me should my card get lost/stolen as there won't be any credit/overdraft.
    So, the question is, are there any accounts that give rewards or make that type of thing more simple? I know I could just open any debit account anywhere but I don't mind where this is and if I can benefit from it, great.

Thanks
    Alan
Page 2
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 8th May 18, 7:40 AM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 5,841 Thanks
    ColdIron
    No you don't. You only get the points if you do the spending on your debit card.
    Originally posted by radoslaff
    You do get ClubCard points on the credit card. It's the same as the debit card for non Tesco spending (1 CC point for 8 spend), but it's not as good as the debit card for in store sending (1 CC for 4 spend rather than 1CC for 1 spend)
    • Collect Tesco Clubcard points almost everywhere you use your card, plus your usual points in Tesco Terms apply
    https://www.tescobank.com/credit-cards/purchases-card-1/
    • zerog
    • By zerog 8th May 18, 7:13 PM
    • 2,378 Posts
    • 826 Thanks
    zerog
    Who need points on a C.Card when you can have 16 months or more at 0% interest on purchases.

Money sits in your account, earning interest , if you have the right one or one's !!
    keep your money until it is due, just set up minimum monthly payments.
    Originally posted by No_6
    Earning what interest, 1.2% Tesco is the best, hardly worth it. I get more points from other cards and have maxed out every other account paying more than 1.5%.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

3,833Users online

Martin's Twitter