Who are Newday Cards Ltd

Does anyone know who Newdays Cards Ltd are? They are coming up on my Noddle credit file search history as a quotation search?

Quotation Search
01/04/2018
Newday Cards Limited (Ct, Sa, Sr Bsb, Cval, Ar)
Newday Cards Online (Sr Api)

I bank with Natwest and have a Barclay card, i don't have any other cards and haven't applied for any other cards?

Can anyone help?

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Jonny1275 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who Newdays Cards Ltd are? ........

Credit card company.
    https://newday.co.uk/

They do store cards, as well as Aqua and Marbles cards.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Jonny1275 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who Newdays Cards Ltd are? They are coming up on my Noddle credit file search history as a quotation search?

Quotation Search
    01/04/2018
    Newday Cards Limited (Ct, Sa, Sr Bsb, Cval, Ar)
    Newday Cards Online (Sr Api)

I bank with Natwest and have a Barclay card, i don't have any other cards and haven't applied for any other cards?

Can anyone help?

Been asked before on here.

A search of the forums would find the answer you seek.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    OP if you have applied for a card with Debenhams or Top shop for example the actual card company is New Day.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Jonny1275
    Jonny1275 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cheers for the feedback. The thing is I haven't applied for credit with anyone, that's whats got me stumped?
  • A quotation search is a soft search.

It could have come from anywhere, any credit card comparison site. e.g. I have loads of quotation searches from a few different credit card companies due to the offers page on ClearScore!
  • Laurauk63
    Laurauk63 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Oddly enough I!!!8217;ve just had an email from these people tonight, saying my Debenhams card has been sent out in the post. Thing is, I have not applied for a Debenhams card. Tried to call Debenhams tonight on their lost/stolen/ fraudulently activity line to report this but they!!!8217;ve just said I need to phone customer services in the morning.
  • 8i6daddy
    8i6daddy Posts: 89 Forumite
    Laurauk63 wrote: »
    Oddly enough I!!!8217;ve just had an email from these people tonight, saying my Debenhams card has been sent out in the post. Thing is, I have not applied for a Debenhams card. Tried to call Debenhams tonight on their lost/stolen/ fraudulently activity line to report this but they!!!8217;ve just said I need to phone customer services in the morning.

Something's definitely not right here... not only have you had an account taken out in your name, whoever has done it knows your email address too....
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    8i6daddy wrote: »
    Something's definitely not right here... not only have you had an account taken out in your name, whoever has done it knows your email address too....
    True, I think its time to ask family, e.g. children. More often than not if they know email address as well it will be by someone known to them
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Laurauk63 wrote: »

You checked your credit files for anything untoward ?
  • I've had the exact same thing which first puzzled me then, after I'd googled Newday Cards, felt angry because I absolutely knew I hadn't applied for any store cards, credit cards or any other debt related applications.
    Therefore I asked Experian to investigate the search on my account. Here's their reply:

Dear M

Your Reference Number:

I am writing in regard to your recent query with:

* Newday Cards Ltd search recorded 13/08/2018

I can confirm that this information has now been removed from your credit report .!

These changes will show next time your Experian Credit Report is refreshed once this amendment is complete. As part of your MSE Credit Club account, you're able to view the latest version of your Experian Credit Report every 30 days. To see when this is please check the next update due date', found at the top of the Credit Report section of your Credit Club account.

I hope this information helps you and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
    Experian Ltd

What a great result. But I still feel pretty angry at this Newday company for their practices - aren't they illegal?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback