Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 14th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    • 76Posts
    • 9Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy 14th Mar 18 at 11:06 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Usio Energy Supply

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • gordonbennet
    • By gordonbennet 2nd May 18, 9:49 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    gordonbennet
    • 2nd May 18, 9:49 PM
    • 2nd May 18, 9:49 PM
    You have to agree to having a smart meter installed
    I'm not a lawyer, so this is just my opinion. Don't go acting on legal advice you get from a stranger on the internet!
    • FullForce
    • By FullForce 2nd May 18, 11:40 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    FullForce
    • 2nd May 18, 11:40 PM
    • 2nd May 18, 11:40 PM
    You have to agree to having a smart meter installed
    Originally posted by gordonbennet
    If you opt for their Green Lite tariff (dual fuel or electric only options), you can keep your existing, non-smart meter.

http://usioenergy.com/tariffs/
    • theyiddo
    • By theyiddo 8th May 18, 1:47 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    theyiddo
    • 8th May 18, 1:47 PM
    • 8th May 18, 1:47 PM
    Have recently switched (on 6th May) from npower to Usio on their "Home After 7pm" fixed tariff. The switch itself went smoothly and within the 21 days.

I've already got a smart meter installed, but am just waiting for them to contact me about installing their own (they confirmed they would be in touch).

Will give you all an update a few months in to see how they are performing.
    • Davidpreston
    • By Davidpreston 17th May 18, 8:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Davidpreston
    • 17th May 18, 8:34 PM
    • 17th May 18, 8:34 PM
    I joined today and then noticed that they take direct debits in advance so l quit. No prepayments for me! I!!!8217;m surprised this isn!!!8217;t mentioned on the Energy Club page like it does for other companies. I!!!8217;m going elsewhere for my energy, thanks.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th May 18, 9:17 PM
    • 6,040 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 17th May 18, 9:17 PM
    • 17th May 18, 9:17 PM
    I joined today and then noticed that they take direct debits in advance so l quit. No prepayments for me! I!!!8217;m surprised this isn!!!8217;t mentioned on the Energy Club page like it does for other companies. I!!!8217;m going elsewhere for my energy, thanks.
    Originally posted by Davidpreston
    Welcome to the forum. Why are you against paying in advance when you pay for most things before supply? All consumer energy credit balances are now fully protected by Ofgem. You will pay your ISP in advance, if it goes bust you may not get a penny back.

The reason why small suppliers ask for a monthís payment at the start of supply is because they have to pay their wholesalers in advance. They also end up paying more for Bank credit than the Big 6 as they have yet to establish a business credit rating. The advantage to you is that they can offer the cheapest prices. The fact that they do not pay WHD also helps.
    • theyiddo
    • By theyiddo 30th May 18, 8:43 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    theyiddo
    • 30th May 18, 8:43 AM
    • 30th May 18, 8:43 AM
    Update:

So far so good. I've had a problem on their website in entering my gas meter reading (electric works fine), so have emailed my reading - but customer service have logged a call with their systems people to look into it. The thing I am impressed with is that once my readings are updated on their system it appears to give me an up to date balance of whether I am in debit or credit. I recall with npower it often took until the next quarterly bill for me to find out, which was pretty rubbish (I've no idea what the rest of the Big 6 are like for that - or whether its just npower that are tardy!)

Looking forward to seeing how the smart meter works with their app, once they install their smart meter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,492Posts Today

8,409Users online

Martin's Twitter