Forum Home» Energy

Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
327 replies 29.1K views
1356733

Replies

  • I am losing patience with this company. I have smart meters on a smart meter plan yet they estimate my usage. I apparently am using more energy this summer than I normally do in a winter. I have never had any visit from the company and furthermore I am unable to get live data re my usage, they just do not offer this without using the app, but the app needs a small hub that the company can't seem to supply, so don't expect any live data without it. I still do not have one 4 months into contract and they can't even tell me when I might get one. My smart meters are basically dumb, I have to manually enter a code from their keypad just to get my meter reading to submit to them!! Awful service.:mad:
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    paulpa66 wrote: »
    I am losing patience with this company. I have smart meters on a smart meter plan yet they estimate my usage. I apparently am using more energy this summer than I normally do in a winter. I have never had any visit from the company and furthermore I am unable to get live data re my usage, they just do not offer this without using the app, but the app needs a small hub that the company can't seem to supply, so don't expect any live data without it. I still do not have one 4 months into contract and they can't even tell me when I might get one. My smart meters are basically dumb, I have to manually enter a code from their keypad just to get my meter reading to submit to them!! Awful service.:mad:


    How long after you moved to Usio did they fit the smart meters? Have they EVER worked as smart??
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    How long after you moved to Usio did they fit the smart meters? Have they EVER worked as smart??
    My smart meters were installed originally by first utility some years back, but i sent photos to usio who confirmed they would work. I had one months bill not estimated so can only assume they read it. But they have a smart app that won't work without a CAD device to attach to my router, however they have no idea when this will be provided. Poor service all round, unless things improve I will move to another supplier.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    paulpa66 wrote: »
    My smart meters were installed originally by first utility some years back, but i sent photos to usio who confirmed they would work. I had one months bill not estimated so can only assume they read it. But they have a smart app that won't work without a CAD device to attach to my router, however they have no idea when this will be provided. Poor service all round, unless things improve I will move to another supplier.


    Unfortunately few of the original SMETS1 meters are interchangeable between suppliers.So the device attached to your home network wouldn't be of any use either as it wouldn't communicate with the First Utility meters.If you switch again,it's unlikely that you will be any further on.:(

    Front line staff are desperate to get customers so gloss over the potential difficulties!:mad:
    I've just joined Usio on a fixed smart tariff for electric, so I have to get a smart meter fitted - but with any luck they will be fitting SMETS2 meters by the time I get/accept an appointment.:)
  • edited 10 September 2018 at 10:59AM
    paulpa66paulpa66 Forumite
    62 posts
    edited 10 September 2018 at 10:59AM
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Unfortunately few of the original SMETS1 meters are interchangeable between suppliers.So the device attached to your home network wouldn't be of any use either as it wouldn't communicate with the First Utility meters.If you switch again,it's unlikely that you will be any further on.:(

    Front line staff are desperate to get customers so gloss over the potential difficulties!:mad:
    I've just joined Usio on a fixed smart tariff for electric, so I have to get a smart meter fitted - but with any luck they will be fitting SMETS2 meters by the time I get/accept an appointment.:)
    The meter is capable of sending data to them ( well it should be) If not I have all the emails from before i joined with the conversations stating from my photos and serial numbers my meters were compatible. There website makes no mention of a further device being required for me to access the app data. They can gloss over these issues but negative feedback will take a long time to go, it will not go well for them if they can't be more upfront with customers. Good luck with your instal, as customer services today told me customers with existing meters were being given priority??? But who knows, I just know i have two smart meters that are dumb, even dumber than a normal dumb meter because i have to type in on keypad to get meter readings to display! I have no idea what my usage is day by day none at all, and worse still, neither do they!

    The Only good thing ( if they get to read my meter)
    First utility Electric 17.526p per kWh
    Usio Electric 11.19 p/kWh

    First utility Gas 4.301p per kWh
    Usio Gas 2.687 p/kWh

    Being Dumb may have its advantages
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    For information of anyone else switching to Usio:-
    This morning I queried why my account balance was less than the direct debit that Usio had just taken.
    This was the reply:-
    The account balance drops every day by the standing charge and an estimated unit charge. Once your first bill comes out, the account balance will deduct your accurate usage out of the amount of your Direct debit.

    Seems a bit strange but I suppose I'll get used to it.
  • edited 14 September 2018 at 3:36PM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 14 September 2018 at 3:36PM
    paulpa66 wrote: »
    I am losing patience with this company. I have smart meters on a smart meter plan yet they estimate my usage. I apparently am using more energy this summer than I normally do in a winter. I have never had any visit from the company and furthermore I am unable to get live data re my usage, they just do not offer this without using the app, but the app needs a small hub that the company can't seem to supply, so don't expect any live data without it. I still do not have one 4 months into contract and they can't even tell me when I might get one. My smart meters are basically dumb, I have to manually enter a code from their keypad just to get my meter reading to submit to them!! Awful service.:mad:
    Usio, like nearly all the small suppliers are working on a low budget so they are using the "value for money " Secure Liberty 100 meters. No code is needed to get a basic total kwh electric or m3 gas reading.
    Codes are needed to input a long number of around 20 digits to manually enter credit when auto top up has failed for people on prepayment meters. The meters can be switched remotely to prepay or credit meter mode.,
    Button 9 on the keypad is the usual one I ve been using for the last 5 years as a meter reader to get the basic reading.. The reading can either come up on the first screen as total import or as with most meters it starts to scroll round and it then is on the 5 th screen. A very difficult meter to use when the meter is positioned in a difficult spot.
    Seems like every small supplier is using the Secure Liberty meters and when the DCC go s live in the near future these meters are one of the few which are capable of being adopted into the DCC so then all the dumb Secure meters will magically start to work smart
  • EddyMEddyM Forumite
    5 posts
    I don't know whether something has changed recently, but I've just tried to sign up to the "Lite Green Electric 5.0" tariff, and it seems like that also now requires a smart meter to be installed (which means they don't have any tariffs which don't now)

    It says:
    You cannot have a smart meter already in your home. You must then agree to getting an Usio smart meter installed

    I carried on anyway in case it was a mistake (based on the information in this thread, and fact that their other tariff with the word "Smart" in it has the same wording), but then on the final page there are 2 boxes that I'd have to tick to agree to them installing a smart meter before I could continue.
  • I steered clear of them because of the smart meter and app only tariffs.

    They've disappeared off CEC (for me anyway). Only a few weeks ago they were at the top of the list.
  • busybee100busybee100 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    EddyM wrote: »
    I don't know whether something has changed recently, but I've just tried to sign up to the "Lite Green Electric 5.0" tariff, and it seems like that also now requires a smart meter to be installed (which means they don't have any tariffs which don't now)

    It says:



    I carried on anyway in case it was a mistake (based on the information in this thread, and fact that their other tariff with the word "Smart" in it has the same wording), but then on the final page there are 2 boxes that I'd have to tick to agree to them installing a smart meter before I could continue.

    Hi

    The signing up page defaults to the same page for everyone. I signed up to their lite tariff a few months ago, it said the same then but I'd read if you have two meters (economy 7) you couldn't also have a smart meter so I rang to check.

    I have been very happy with this company but I'm wary of promoting them in case they can't cope with a huge influx of customers. I chose them because they will add my meters together to charge me one low day rate yet I still have the option to revert back to economy 7.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support