What to do about neighbour parking Infront of my h

Options

Comments

• telemarks
    telemarks Posts: 255 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Park outside their house and wait for them to complain?
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    First

World

Problems

I'm sorry. Are we only allowed to post now if we are in the third world? How then would we be able to afford computers and internet and phones?

My word, the forum would be quiet if that was a prerequisite of posting...
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    If they park half on pavement which my neighbour does even thou he could get his crate on his drive notify the plod or whoever about obstruction etc Its like the old bat opposite me i asked her many years ago if she maybe just park up the road about 6 ft which was infact right outside her house as reversing off my drive would be easier ...............all i got was a load of chops now they have two cars and ive watched her actually line hers up right opposite our drive on purpose you cant win
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haha, parking outside of our own house would be hilarious. We only have one car so we'd be actively leaving our driveway empty :D

And? Parking around my house is like yours. We park our car across our drive, I fail to see what the issue is.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Muscle750 wrote: »
    ive watched her actually line hers up right opposite our drive on purpose

Why not park your car outside her house? :grin:
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    We had a drive way that led to the cul de sac when I was younger. One of our neighbours kept blocking it.

My step dad asked the bloke to stop parking there and he just more or less said he will park where he wants.

The next morning he was banging on our front door. Turns out in the night my step dad had put his car on a truck and put it about 3 miles away and just told him the area it was in but not the street.

That resulted in a fight in our front garden (my step dad used to be a boxer so quite handy).

The bloke did it again!

So my step dad moved his car again about 30 miles away.
    Another fight in the front garden.

It never happened after that.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried asking them not to park there?

A neighbour came round to ask me for some spare valve cores so that he could get his wife's car home.
    Turned out she had parked outside someone's house the day before, and found a note under the wiper blade not to park there.
    She ignored it and parked there the next day, then when she got back to her car "vandals/hoodie wearing yoofs" had stolen the valve cores out of her tyres.
    Strangely, hers was the only car in the street it happened to.......
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • Jackmydad
    Jackmydad Posts: 9,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 March 2018 at 8:48PM
    Options
    ACG wrote: »
    We had a drive way that led to the cul de sac when I was younger. One of our neighbours kept blocking it.

My step dad asked the bloke to stop parking there and he just more or less said he will park where he wants.

The next morning he was banging on our front door. Turns out in the night my step dad had put his car on a truck and put it about 3 miles away and just told him the area it was in but not the street.

That resulted in a fight in our front garden (my step dad used to be a boxer so quite handy).

The bloke did it again!

So my step dad moved his car again about 30 miles away.
    Another fight in the front garden.

It never happened after that.
    I can remember in the 60s my dad going after a young bloke who told him not to park in "his spot" in the cul-de-sac where we lived. The bloke didn't even live there, but was going out with a girl there.
    It wasn't outside her house either. Dad couldn't park outside our house, so he parked further down in front of the house of someone who didn't have a car. Matey arrived as we were getting out, and told dad not to park there. Dad chased him around the car. The bloke was pretty nimble on his feet I'll say that!

No harm done apart from the guy's ego. These days I expect the cops would turn up.
  • MenInBlack
    Options
    At least the person parking outside your house is a neighbour. I have had people park their cars on my street and outside my house for weeks when they don't live in the area.

I have had a car that religiously parks on my street and it has not been taxed since September 2016. I have reported it numerous times but the driver keeps driving off after several hours.

We still have a Merc parked at the bottom of the street and it is taxed and insured but it has been there for months. I have though any punching the tyres or scratching the vehicles but that would be illegal.
  • curiosity101
    Options
    For those that seem to be missing the light heartedness of my original post... relax. I just wanted to vent and have a joke, it's a frustration a lot of people deal with day to day...

To those that have taken it in the spirit it was meant, keep em coming. I'll definitely be giving the fire ornaments some serious thought! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure