IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo Railway PCN - clarifying the process

Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You should start your own thread rather than hijack one. Copy that text into a new thread and please put some paragraphs in, I couldn't read that giant wall of text.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shands1 wrote: »
    This is my first post so I apologise...
    Shands1, welcome to the forums.

You need to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to better understand the game you are now caught up in.

Having done that, you might want to start you own thread to ask any questions. When doing so, you would be wise to break up that wall of text to allow others to read it easier.

Many of the regulars on here won't bother with unreadable posts.
    Who can blame them?
    Help others to help you.
  • Shands1
    Options
    Thank you for your advice - sorry for the bulk (OTT informative hijack!) ;) I couldn’t seem to see how/where I started my own comment.... thank you
  • bobthesod
    bobthesod Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2018 at 1:57PM
    Options
    Will the posters who are in the position of asking for advice PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE amend all references to 'I parked here' and any other phrase that starts with the self incriminating word I delete them and replace the word I with the words THE DRIVER did etc etc
    This really should be a sticky advising all new enquiries to read as such,

BEFORE POSTING PLEASE READ THIS

We know the firms read these forums, the new poster may not
  • danslucky
    danslucky Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2018 at 1:35PM
    Options
    The only situation not covered (at least I couldn't find it) is where an appeal to the Indigo NtK has not been lodged "in time". What should one do where no response at all has been sent to Indigo or debt collector's letters (ZZPS). ZZPS letters are threatening a private criminal prosecution for breach of Railway Byelaw 14. The PCN was issued in January. The NtK received beginning of March. The expiry of the 6 months period is not far away.

Would you recommend responding to the Indigo NtK now using the template in any case? If so, worth responding to the ZZPS letter at the same time (or perhaps just fowarding to them the reply sent to Indigo?) - Or is it best to just continue to bury one's head in the sand at this stage and not engage either of them in any dialogue at all?

Great advice on here thank you! I just wish it had been followed! but hope you won't mind advising on the current position in any case.

:beer:
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    There is no appeal timetable in a byelaws situation. The only timetable is one the company have artificially invented.

Reply questioning where there time limits for appeal come from, is it statutory or due to codes of practice? They love tying themselves up in knots avoiding giving answers.
  • danslucky
    Options
    thanks Waamo. So under the circumstances you advise replying with the template including a query in relation to the timelimits stated rather than continuing to ignore all letters received?

If ultimately their claim is not going to go anywhere then one could just continue to ignore them, but if its helpful to engage in a bit of ping pong to delay things then at least one can say that the PCN was formally appealed at some point and leave the PPC to try to unpick it.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    Options
    This isnt your thread. Start a new one
    ITs kinda rude to hijack someone elses, and is something you JUST agreed you would not do, when yuo signed up.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This isnt your thread. Start a new one
    ITs kinda rude to hijack someone elses, and is something you JUST agreed you would not do, when yuo signed up.

The third separate interloper butting in on this thread. Total confusion, and sooner or later that confusion is going to cost someone dearly at court if advice for one is taken (erroneously) by another.

And you just know who they will be blaming......!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • danslucky
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    The third separate interloper butting in on this thread. Total confusion, and sooner or later that confusion is going to cost someone dearly at court if advice for one is taken (erroneously) by another.

And you just know who they will be blaming......!

Apologies, thought my question/ scenario was a natural extension of the earlier discussion but appreciate the sensitivity and possible confusion it may cause. I have created a new thread and would really appreciate your insight if you are still willing to give it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure