Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stationcarparkticket2018
    • By stationcarparkticket2018 2nd Mar 18, 1:54 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 12Thanks
    stationcarparkticket2018
    Indigo Railway PCN - clarifying the process
    • 2nd Mar 18, 1:54 PM
    Indigo Railway PCN - clarifying the process 2nd Mar 18 at 1:54 PM
    Ok, really truly I have read the Newbie thread and lots of recent threads on Indigo Railway tickets and the Railway Byelaw. I'm just trying to get the process and expectations clear in my head and for anyone else questioning an Indigo Railway PCN as of Feb 2018.

I got a window ticket from Indigo for 'Obstruction' in a railway car park earlier this week. My car was parked at the end of a row of cars but not in a dedicated parking bay. You could have got a bus in between my car and any others. I wasn't blocking any entrance/exit/cars in/walkways etc but whatever, it's their opinion vs mine and no doubt anyone not in a parking bay is fair game to them. For info, I haven't responded at all yet and I am not the registered keeper (that's my husband).

So I gather:

First off, I should ignore the PCN and wait for the NtK.
    In the Newbie thread it says Indigo aren't getting details from DVLA any more, but then in another couple of threads it says they are...

So assuming they do get registered keeper's details from DVLA and send a NtK, then I respond (in the keeper's name) with the standard BPA appeal template and refuse to name the driver.

My appeal will no doubt be refused at which point Indigo won't issue me a POPLA code as BPA says they're no longer letting them use this process because of the Railway Byelaws issue.

If I don't reply/pay up the next step will be getting letters from ZZPS which I can ignore or reply to, to string it out. Next stage will be getting letters from QDR Solicitors threatening to take me to court. Again I can reply/ignore to string it out and wait for the flood of threatening letters but once 6 months has passed from when the ticket is issued there can be no further action in Magistrates.

And theoretically they could never take me to Magistrates anyway if they don't know who the driver was? Only the TOC can do that, and they have no incentive as any fines collected go to the Govt.

Is that all correct? I'm not really interested in arguing technical points with them or complaining to my MP, Trading Standards or the ICO. I just want minimal involvement but will respond to letters keep things stringing along if needed.

Finally, thank you all very much, you're doing a great job in providing all this info so regularly and in your own time - well done, it's absolutely invaluable.
Page 2
    • danslucky
    • By danslucky 25th Apr 18, 12:37 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    danslucky
    The third separate interloper butting in on this thread. Total confusion, and sooner or later that confusion is going to cost someone dearly at court if advice for one is taken (erroneously) by another.

And you just know who they will be blaming......!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Apologies, thought my question/ scenario was a natural extension of the earlier discussion but appreciate the sensitivity and possible confusion it may cause. I have created a new thread and would really appreciate your insight if you are still willing to give it.
    • Chelsea-d
    • By Chelsea-d 18th Jul 18, 6:14 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Chelsea-d
    Driver revealed
    Hi I am new to this so apologies in advance. I have simple question; what happens if you have inadvertantly revealed the name of the driver as part of the appeal to Indigo
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Jul 18, 6:17 PM
    • 19,592 Posts
    • 24,899 Thanks
    Redx
    depends on if they or the TOC take it further

in theory they can chase the named driver for payment of the invoice, but if bylaws apply then the TOC could issue a penalty and take it to MAGISTRATES COURT within 6 months (assuming its a railway station ticket)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Thorsson
    • By Thorsson 18th Jul 18, 8:06 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    Thorsson
    That's another hijack.

Even if it wasn't mentioned expressly in the forum rules, it's always been bad netiquette to hijack someone else's thread.

I tend to agree that there should be a sticky thread all in CAPS about this - maybe then people will stop doing it.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 18th Jul 18, 9:06 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 2,376 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    That's another hijack.

Even if it wasn't mentioned expressly in the forum rules, it's always been bad netiquette to hijack someone else's thread.

I tend to agree that there should be a sticky thread all in CAPS about this - maybe then people will stop doing it.
    Originally posted by Thorsson
    there is a bloody big "stickie" saying

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

but how many people can see it?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Chelsea-d
    • By Chelsea-d 19th Jul 18, 8:37 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Chelsea-d
    Indigo PCN - driver named
    Apologies - I have started a new thread.
    • Rfcars
    • By Rfcars 8th Aug 18, 6:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rfcars
    Indigo railway tickets
    Hi apologies if Iím doing this wrong but just need some advise

Iíve received a notice to keeper through the post due to a recent pcn. Iíve previously received a pcn and paid it. So I assume this is where they have got my details from. How would be the best way to appeal.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Aug 18, 6:38 PM
    • 9,761 Posts
    • 10,119 Thanks
    KeithP
    Rfcars, the best advice for you can be found in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

When you have read that, if you still have questions then please start a new thread.

Trying to deal with two people's issues in one thread can only lead to confusion. For that reason, can I respectfully ask that you delete your post from this thread. Thanks.
    • Daver
    • By Daver 21st Aug 18, 3:53 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Daver
    What a Fab first post.....would be nice though if you posted the end result....as it is now over the 6 month limit that you could have been taken to court....would be very helpful to others if they could see if the theory stacked up to reality!!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 21st Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    • 4,424 Posts
    • 5,815 Thanks
    waamo
    What a Fab first post.....would be nice though if you posted the end result....as it is now over the 6 month limit that you could have been taken to court....would be very helpful to others if they could see if the theory stacked up to reality!!
    Originally posted by Daver
    Other posters have reported back to say they have had the ticket cancelled. They have had to point out the 6 months are up but in doing so it has been cancelled.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,999Posts Today

9,518Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • How much of your income do you spend on holidays each year? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll... https://t.co/LZ3YIGra1p

• RT @FinanceJames: @MartinSLewis Absolutely do. I've been shouldered out of the way by cyclists - while on a bike myself - because I'd stopp?

• I no longer have a car. I mostly walk (& occasionally cycle). I don't need lecturing on bad drivers, I lost my moth? https://t.co/tsBYUEhRjt

• Follow Martin