PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hello, just to say

Options
I'm not a newbie at all! I've been on the Forum for 10 years, posting mostly here, as jackyann. I got a message that I had to re-set my password, BUT:
I had set my computer to log in automatically, so had completely forgotten my password!
I had changed my email address & forgotten to change it on here - so long ago that the original had lapsed - so I couldn't post to ask for it to be reset!
So the only thing I could do was sign out and sign up again - and here I am, all my little rosettes and thanks and things all gone. I do know that I don't have to ask you to be especially kind, because people on this board always are.
Nice to be back!

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome back, builders daughter. Just look on it as a re-birth.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Minihauk
    Minihauk Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are not alone!
    Lots of people got the message to change password. It took me lots of tries to get the right one, but I got there eventually. :T:T:T
    Hope to see lots of posts from you, even though I usually lurk :p xx
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Like Dr Who you have regenerated. Welcome back.
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    I nearly didn't get back in aswell. Phew! Hi jackyann/buildersdaughter
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Surely you would have been given the chiice to say i have forgotten my password tnen given the chance to change it. I did .
    I do wonder why though perhaps some mod might explain
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    Surely you would have been given the chiice to say i have forgotten my password tnen given the chance to change it. I did .
    I do wonder why though perhaps some mod might explain

I think the problem was that without the email address too there would have been no identifier.

I had the same email and although I had my password written down:eek: it wasn't accepted and I had to ask for a new one.

I've never been asked to change my password before. I wondered if they were tightening up a bit after the recent issue with disappearing threads.
  • Blackcatsreturns
    Options
    The same happened to me - forgotten password and changed email address so I couldn!!!8217;t find a way to login. Gave up and started again just like you jackyann. Bit fed up to have lost all the history but glad to be back. Blackcatsx2 is now Blackcatsreturns!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, I just noticed your "previous name" on "A simpler life" and was able to click on it, find your statistics and see your posts. And by copying the address line into google it brought it all up on a new page.

Apologies if you are already aware of this. This link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=175808771 should take you to your posts, but you would not be able to log in and post/edit etc.

Sorry if this is a bit muddles, been struggling with a sinus headache all day:eek:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    have you sent an email to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :hello:Hello buildersdaughter/ jackyann.

I'm one of the many people who's had to change their password in the last couple of days because it had 'expired' - we've been having a wee whinge about it on the prepper's thread.

I'd love to know why MSE has decided that various old lags like meself and other suspects have suddenly hit our expiry dates, lol.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills