Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • abcdef1234
    • By abcdef1234 1st Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 9Thanks
    abcdef1234
    Redundancy Dismissal due to Health and Safety
    • 1st Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    Redundancy Dismissal due to Health and Safety 1st Feb 18 at 8:10 PM
    Hello,

I am representing myself at a tribunal later in the year and I was wondering if someone could help me?

I believe I was dismissed by redundancy due to raising health and safety issues. Without getting into whether I will win my case or not does anybody know how I should be valuing my case?

At first I believed I could only be compensated for actual losses such as the basic award etc but as this is a health and safety case could I be entitled to compensation on top of this?

I have a feeling I have severely under valued my case?

Any advice welcome and thank you in advance.
Page 2
    • abcdef1234
    • By abcdef1234 27th Mar 18, 9:25 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    abcdef1234
    My Schedule of loss was for 12.5k
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 28th Mar 18, 7:15 PM
    • 11,171 Posts
    • 9,531 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    I presume this figure can be quantified.
    • Masomnia
    • By Masomnia 29th Mar 18, 7:14 PM
    • 17,397 Posts
    • 38,707 Thanks
    Masomnia
    As you named your employer earlier I went to have a look to see if the decision had been published yet but it doesn't seem to have.

Really there's only so far that randomers on the internet can take you with something like this.

It sounds like the judge has taken the view that if even you had not made the complaint you would have been made redundant anyway, so your dismissal from the company was ultimately fair.

The only way I can see you getting anywhere is to argue that the judge should have found you were dismissed because of your complaint, and the fact that you would have been made redundant anyway was not relevant. TBH I'm not 100% sure where you would stand with that. And even if you did win on that basis, if the court believes you would have been made redundant anyway I think it's likely your award would be reduced.

You need professional advice.
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. - P.G. Wodehouse
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

4,244Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin