Redundancy Dismissal due to Health and Safety

Options
13»

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,660 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I presume this figure can be quantified.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As you named your employer earlier I went to have a look to see if the decision had been published yet but it doesn't seem to have.

Really there's only so far that randomers on the internet can take you with something like this.

It sounds like the judge has taken the view that if even you had not made the complaint you would have been made redundant anyway, so your dismissal from the company was ultimately fair.

The only way I can see you getting anywhere is to argue that the judge should have found you were dismissed because of your complaint, and the fact that you would have been made redundant anyway was not relevant. TBH I'm not 100% sure where you would stand with that. And even if you did win on that basis, if the court believes you would have been made redundant anyway I think it's likely your award would be reduced.

You need professional advice.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure