Mackenzie Hall Ltd, playing them at their game

Options
Mackenzie Hall have caused me unnecessary distress by the tactics they use to intimidate me. I do not have any outstanding debts in default. They persistently send me letters asking me to call them.

Their staff are very rude and obnoxious, feeding off the pain and misery they cause others. They enjoy screwing the last drop of blood from the weakest members of society, the old and infirm and those bullyied by their by their behaviour.

I have asked them to substantiate their claim, as discussed on other forums on this site (search for Mackenzie Hall). In my letter I stated I would be prepared to answer their questions if they paid me. Payment would be a reasoble figure for the time and materials I would spends corresponding. They are fishing for information, recording telephone callsa and hoping to trap the unsuspecting into admitting to their claim. If they could substantiate their claim legally they would not need to fish for information. If my information is valuable to them it is more valuable to me as I can sell it to them.

They responded to my letter stating who the claimant was. After this response I received another letter from Andrew Lowe asking me to call them urgently as they needed information to confirm some details. I have not done this because they have not paid me for my time.

Instead I wrote them a letter asking for £60, which is the charge I specified in my previous letter that they have responded to. If they had a legitimate claim against me this is how they would operate and make their money. I have specified a date I will take further action by, if they do not pay me by this date I will start a claim in the Small Claims Court (easy to do online).

If everyone responded to them in this way, they would not make money in pursuing speculative claims. They are seeking just over £90 from me, if I provide them information to help them substantiate their claim as being invalid, it will cost them a lot more than the value of the debt. Thye will begin to realise that speculatively chasing money is futile.

I am also going to bring their conduct and tactics to the attention of The Office of Fair Trading. They do not comply with the voluntary code of practice adopted by reputable debt chasing companies. They claim my debt is for T Mobile. I am also informing T-mobile of their agents conduct. I was actively looking to get a new mobile telephone, T-Mobile will not be my preferred supplier now. Using economics may result in these gutter companies losing more money than they make, money speaks louder than words.

Comments

• keith_lard
    Options
    Well Done!

And if this helps o2 pay and go have great deals and rewards, I was with T-mobile a few years back and they where so quick to pass on a £80 bill to a DCA.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I paid the bill to T-mobile and have taken alot of customers away from them, to o2.:A :A :A :A

Sorry T-mobile all I asked was for 2 weeks to pay up.:mad:

Hope o2 enjoy my monthly credits, and my Friends and there friends!:T :T :T :T

k.;)
    If you want to see a rainbow, you have to get used to the rain.
  • spinks
    spinks Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    I just use their freepost envelope to return a message to them saying "nice try wideboy". ;):p
  • StephenT99
    Options
    Since posting the original thread Mackenzie Hall Ltd have gone strangely silent. I asked them to give me a copy of all the personal data they hold about me and substantiate the debt they are fishing to establish.

On both counts they have not responded. Whether this is in response to my charge of £60 and rising, to provide them with information that has a commercial value to Mackenzie Hall Ltd I don't know. I have started issuing a claim in the Small Claims Court - Online to recover my costs in dealing with them. If everyone Mackenzie Hall Ltd sought to fish for information from did the same thing they would soon be paying out more that they would recover from any potential debts they may stumble across.

The Data protection Act provides some remedies for the failings of a company in how it handles personal data. However, the Information Commissioner has not teeth and does not seem interested in invoking his authority.
  • StephenT99
    Options
    Mackenzie Hall are being investigated by the Information Commissioner as they have failed to provide a response to a data access request pursuant to the Data Protection legislation. By using the law and rules it will be possible to teach companies a hard economic lesson. If they wish to mess with me they must pay the consequence and validate their actions to the relevant authorities. This will tie them up in a bureaucratic process that will cost them more than the money they sought to extract from me in ignorance of their responsibilities.

They are also in debt to me to the tune of £60 and rising each day. I have charged them to reply to their letters seeking information to enable them to validate information they are fishing for.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Stephen T - I like your style!
  • KITTYKAT8_2
    Options
    thats brillant how did you find this out

marion
  • Kylie
    Kylie Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    Npower failed to provide me with an electicity bill I could pay for a whole year. Countless phone calls and letters to them failed to produce anything close to a sensible/accurate response. After more than 12 months (and I had left the property) they decided to try to give me the original incorrect bill from 12 months prior. I replied with a bill for my time to to value of £600 or so. They stopped asking me for money.
  • StephenT99
    Options
    Mr A Lowe
    MACKENZIE HALL LIMITED
    2ND FLOOR
    30 THE FOREGATE
    KILMARNOCK
    AYRSHIRE KA1 1JH

17th October 2007

RE: Persistent Harassment

Dear Mr Lowe,

Thank you for responding positively to my recent letter stating the terms under which I would respond to you in pursuance of your fishing expedition to get information from me. You forgot to enclose your payment of £15.00 for a one-page response from me. If you are lucky, and I do not write too much you may only be liable for £15.00 on this instance. However, if I have to explain in plain English what I am doing, as you evidently only pretend to understand when something is in your interest, you may find this letter creeps onto a second page. If it does you will be unfortunate and will incur another £15.00 charge for the second page. Here we go, good luck, hope you are holding on tight .

Today I have called you on the number you asked me to call you on, 01563554547. I asked to be put through to you but the operator refused my request saying she was able to deal with it, but she could not let me know what it was she could deal with. I was very suspicious of this, as you are renowned for abusing your position and attempting to intimidate. I said farewell to your operator and ended the call. You now owe me £20.00 for this call as you accepted by responding to my terms and conditions letter seeking additional information from me.

In addition to the cost of the telephone call you also owe me £15.00 for each A4 sheet of paper I send to you. As we approach the margin for the first page, and I have to continue using easy to understand sentences I sense that this letter will creep over onto a second page. Regrettably, for you this incurs an additional charge of £15.00 for the second page. You now owe me £50.00 and we haven’t got to the second page yet. Hope it does not go onto a third page, good luck again. The payment of £50.00 is due immediately and is incurring interest calculated in accordance with the terms specified in my terms and conditions letter you have accepted. This is compounded which means it is in your interest to pay me as soon as possible as your failing to do so will incur even more charges, unnecessarily. On top of these charges if you have not paid me by the 31st October 2007, I will take further action, which will incur you in additional legal fees. This is getting really exciting now the next page has been reached, gosh hope you enjoyed the jump to the second
    {New page}

page. I did, it is like a money-printing machine.

If you wish for me to contact you again in response to your letter, please make payment for £15 for a one-page response from me. I will endeavour to answer you within the confines of one page, but cannot guarantee this.

Failure to send payment for £65.00 will result in me refusing to correspond with you about this matter.

For your reference the number you have asked me to quote in all correspondence is ********. In your correspondence to me please quote reference, “1”. Failure to quote reference number “1” may mean I am unable to identify who you are from my list of 1 company. This may incur additional charges if I have to write to you asking you for the reference number I have asked you to quote on all correspondence with me.

I had great fun writing this letter and not getting a further response from the scumbags. If everyone stated their terms and conditions for dealing with this company they would soon think twice about the nasty tactics they use in fishing for information they are do not have.

Hope you have some fun writing your letter in a similar vein.
  • G-G_4
    G-G_4 Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    Options
    hahaha - awesome! :rotfl:
    :D BSC Member 155 :cool:
  • tutkusmom
    Options
    OMG,how hilarious is that lol.Thank you so much for your post ,it made me smile,omg i can't stop laughing actually.xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure