Mackenzie Hall Ltd, playing them at their game

Options

Comments

• bathgatebuyer
    Options
    :rotfl::T About time someone started playing those muppets a their own game. Fortunately I've avoided them personally, but noticed their name featuring fairly prominently on an office as I went into Kilmarnock one day.

I'm sure if I looked long enough, I'd see lots of :mad: and :confused: on the faces of staff as they tried to deal with your letters!

Can't wait for the next installment!
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Excellent!
  • StephenT99
    StephenT99 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    After complaining to the Information Commissioner about the failure of Mackenzie Hall to provide me with the Subject Data Access Report, I have now heard back from the Commissoners Office. Gosh, if the regulators are so inefficient it is no wonder the cowboys are continuing to bully and harrass Joe Public.

The Information Commissioner has the power to impose fines on the cowboys who flout the rules and regulations. I think it is about time they started to impose heavy fines. I am hoping that Mackenzie Hall will be tied up in the detail of an enquiry into their failure to comply.

Since telling Mackenzie Hall I dispute their claim, and require them to substantiate it I have heard noting since. If they do attempt to harrass and bully me without substantiating their claim they will need to grovell for their Consumer Credit License. The Office of Trading will review whether Mackenzie Hall have adopted the guidance given in the code of good practice. If not, they may not be appropriate holders of the license and it may be revoked. If revoked they will cease to be licensed to recover debts or work in a financial capacity. That will be very expensive.

There is hope to play these cowboys at their own game.
  • KITTYKAT8_2
    KITTYKAT8_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what did the Information Commissioner have to say about MH

Marion
  • StephenT99
    Options
    The Information Commissioner has informed me Mackenzie Hall have ignored them.

No doubt the Office of Fair Trading will be interested to hear they are failing in their responsibility to comply with the Data Protection Act. I will be raising a formal complaint with the OFT. A consequence of ignoring the OFT could see their licence up for review, and it may not be extended.
  • richcope1
    richcope1 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    We got one of those stupid text message things from them this morning, I should point out that i live with my mother (outside term time) and she owes nobody anything and neither do I (unless the Student loan company is selling debt agreements to mac hall while still lending me money). After a quick google i found out about mac halls bad reputation and was a little bit worried but after reading this I'm almost tempted to write them a letter, who knows, it might even be fun. Maybe even profitable!

Also we have only been in this house for a year so they may be after the previous occupier, in which case good luck to them! Any effort they make is only a waste of their companies money on man power and stationary since he is and has been for over a year, a little bit dead.
  • StephenT99
    Options
    Don't let them intimidate you. Check out the OFT Debt Collection Code of Good Practice http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

If Mackenzie Hall breach this code complain to the Office of Fair Trading. If they do it often enough they will have a review of their Consumer Credit License. If this is revoked they will not be able to act in a capacity which requires a license. The bottom line is they won't continue to exist. Let's ensure only reputable organisations continue to collect debts.
  • mo1_2
    mo1_2 Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    i like your style stepehen,i would have loved to seen there faces
  • wulf149
    Options
    I have had one of those text messages from them asking me to call them IMMEDIATELY with a reference number M*****.
    I do not know of any debts i have, should i call them? The consensus seems to be ignore them but i do not want to end up in court or with a CCJ, what should i do?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Wulf - you've answered your own question. You don't owe MH anything. They're fishing. Don't bite. The consensus is ...ignore them until they come up with something definite.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure