Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • morth123
    • By morth123 26th Dec 17, 6:22 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    morth123
    0 WOW
    Visa for connecting flight
    • 26th Dec 17, 6:22 PM
    0 WOW
    Visa for connecting flight 26th Dec 17 at 6:22 PM
    Dear forum members,

I have recently booked flight tickets online for my family through travel trolley website. The flight is from London Heathrow to Chennai via Dublin and Abu Dhabi. I have spent around 2500 for the flight tickets ( family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids) and made the payment online through debit card.

The flight from London Heathrow to Dublin (Aer Lingus) was on 15th Dec 19:45 hrs and the connecting flight from Dublin to Abu Dhabi is on the next day morning 16th Dec at 8:35 hrs. On the day of travel, we arrived at the airport and showed the tickets to the airline staff. The have issued me the boarding pass for Dublin and also for the connecting flights. Then they checked all our passports and we don't have the Ireland visa so they have refused to proceed further. It was complete shock to me as I wasn't aware that a visa is required for connecting flights. Operations at Dublin airport shuts down late night and they re-open next day morning. Because my connecting flight from Dublin is not until the next day morning, I was told by the airline staff that a visa is required to come out of the airport.

They asked me to speak to the travel agent / Etihad airlines if they can change the flight. Etihad said that they can't do anything as the ticket was issued by the agent and the ticketing agent (Travel Trolley) was unhelpful and said its my fault as I should have checked the visa requirements before booking the tickets. It was a non-amendable ticket so Travel Trolley said that they can't refund the ticket money or change the flight.

It was a very painful experience and I was on the phone with the travel agent and Etihad airlines for nearly 5 hours then we returned back home late night with the kids.

Now I've lost my hard earned money of 2500 and the travel agent says its a no-show so my return ticket (flight is on 11th Jan 2018) also gets automatically cancelled.

I will be really grateful to any advice on how to get my money back from the travel agent?
Page 2
    • morth123
    • By morth123 5th Jan 18, 3:45 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    morth123
    Thanks for your replies. I have a Indian passport and UK work visa. Expensive lesson learnt. I am going to request the agent to cancel the ticket so that I get atleast the airport taxes back.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter