Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 3forholidays
    • By 3forholidays 24th Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    • 1,232Posts
    • 13,179Thanks
    3forholidays
    * Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread
    • 24th Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    * Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread 24th Dec 17 at 7:08 PM
    !!!8216;Rockin' around the Christmas tree
    At the Christmas party hop
    Mistletoe hung where you can see
    Every couple tries to stop

Rockin' around the Christmas tree
    Let the Christmas spirit ring
    Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
    And we'll do some caroling!!!8217;

Hello and welcome to the 7th Christmas Chatter Thread.

It!!!8217;s hard to believe that another year has gone and we are almost at the big event that we have spent so long planning and preparing for! But this thread is about so much more than Christmas but about the whole year with all the ups and downs, as well as the bits in between.

NOTE - For all new people please don't lurk, but come and join in with all the chatter. We are all a little mad (about Christmas!), but not dangerous.

The following posts will be made up of all the links saved from last year with new ones added as we go.
    This will hopefully make it easier in October/November when we are all looking for them.

Please let me know if any become out of date or if you would like your birthday added to the list

Thanks to all posters on the previous threads !!!8211; the thread is only a success because of your contributions!

So on that note it is over to you and roll on Christmas 2018!

Our Birthdays

JANUARY
    Newthrift 18th
    Clumsy42 28th

FEBRUARY
    murie 24th
    junior_j 25th

MARCH
    vulpix 12th

APRIL
    quidsy 23rd
    princesskitty29 29th

MAY
    pixtotts 4th
    Opee92 13th
    jakes-mum 19th
    Girl in a Yellow Dress 21st

JUNE
    Nic2075 1st
    04624181 13th
    dropsofjupiter 22nd
    msgigglewick 23rd

JULY
    mrs-moneypenny 17th
    Hanley25 19th

AUGUST
    Treasurequeen 12th
    patentgirl 30th

SEPTEMBER
    Spendless 28th
    whitesatin 28th

OCTOBER
    freespirit66 1st

NOVEMBER
    Peppapig 1st
    mrsinvisable 7th
    pinknfluffy28 28th

DECEMBER
    FeistyFidget 14th
    3forholidays 15th
    CHRISSYG 25th !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 3forholidays; 31-12-2017 at 2:55 PM.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 SPC 11 - £955 (as at Apr'18)
Page 19
    • jakes-mum
    • By jakes-mum 5th May 18, 1:10 PM
    • 4,427 Posts
    • 42,933 Thanks
    jakes-mum
    Ahh thank you everyone, you've totally cheered me up, had my ESA medical fall on the mat yesterday and I just cried, rang them up and said i cannot under any circumstances come to them they have to come to me. I am totally worn out from PIP and the thought of travelling all that way, sitting in their hard plastic chairs for 2 hrs and trying to get home again makes me feel ill. Rang ESA and my doctor and he is sending a letter hopefully saying they have to come to me
    Had a full on meltdown at my DH as well as everything just got on top of me, luckily he's dealt with them before and he keeps giving me hugs and saying 'we're in this together, we'll sort it'.

Ahh Clumsy42, I am so sorry you are also having difficulties, I find that most clinics are now just signing you off, even my ME clinic sign me back to my doctor as soon as i've seen them so I have to keep getting re-refered back just to get some supporting evidence each time

Hmmm favourite christmas tradition, we have quite a few. We always lock our doors at lunchtime on christmas eve, everyone has a shower, kids get in pj's (well not so much eldest, more his 'sleeping clothes' ) DH will venture out and get our christmas eve fish and chips, then its popcorn, sweets, 2 christmas films and tracking santa until youngest goes to bed
    On christmas morning we also do the handing presents out one at a time, (that's my job) My parents did it too but DH's family are a 'pile it on the chairs and kids go free for all'. He found it a bit weird at first, but now much prefers my way, it lasts longer and everything gets looked at and exclaimed over.
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) 0/£1000
    Total Wins Of 2012 = £3015.03 Wins Of 2013 = £4427.11 Wins of 2014 = £2361.97 Wins of 2015 = £1754.90 Wins of 2016 £267.98 Wins of 2017 £25 Wins of 2018 £59
    • StokieBecks
    • By StokieBecks 6th May 18, 5:53 PM
    • 4,544 Posts
    • 27,341 Thanks
    StokieBecks
    1) What is the one decoration you could never give up?

2) If you could only listen to one Christmas song on repeat which would it be?

3) What is everybody's favourite Christmas Tradition?

Hello all,

Popping in to answer the Christmassy questions

1) not sure about living without it but one of my favourite decorations is an Etsy Ho Ho Ho periodic table one (other half is a science technician and it was one of the first things I ever bought for him)

2) Christmas song on repeat would have to be All I Want For Christmas - makes me think of Love Actually which is one of my favourite films

3) We don't have any traditions really (I know shock horror!) Although do always have to go Chester with my mum Christmas shopping in early December (I am usually all done but still have to go)

Hope everyone is ok.
    • Treasurequeen
    • By Treasurequeen 7th May 18, 10:28 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 3,771 Thanks
    Treasurequeen
    1) my fairy tree topper, it was my mums first tree topper when she moved in with my dad for the first time. Its over 30 years old. And when I moved into my first flat 1 1/2 years ago she gave it to me.

2) Christmas song on repeat would be white Christmas by Bing Crosby.

3) traditions: Christmas Eve is a pamper day along with helping in kitchen with Mum. (Me sat talking on the floor watching) me and my brother lay the table on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day we all get a coffee and some shortbread and we go into lounge. Where all the presents are laid under the tree. we each pick one and give it to recipient. That way it lasts longer and we get to see whats been bought. Goes on for about 2 hours, the dog has to have his presents first as he tries to steal our gifts. He unwraps them himself.
    Lunch is always at mums every year and Boxing Day at my nans.
    Boxing Day I write all my handwritten thank you notes ready to be given out or posted before New Years Eve.
    The £1000 emergency fund challenge #223
    Pay for birthdays and Christmas 2018 with surveys #17
    2018 Frugal Living Challenge #44
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2018~ 11 #40
    £2 saver club #26 £104
    July Grocery challenge £48/£200
    • Treasurequeen
    • By Treasurequeen 7th May 18, 10:30 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 3,771 Thanks
    Treasurequeen
    Each year I either make or buy a tree decoration for myself, my mum and my nan.
    £2 saver club #26 £104
    • By 04624181 7th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 6,301 Thanks
    Hello everyone,

What an absolutely beautiful weekend. We spent saturday cleaning, looking for houses and I literally put everything I could in the washer and out on the line. Yesterday was spent with a little more decluttering and then a wonderful BBQ at my brothers. It was lovely. We were out in the garden for 6 hours and we all had an amazing time. Today we ran a few errands and then came home to relax. With the weather the way that it is we have decided we would love a garden. We only have a yard at the minute. My brother has astroturf in his back garden and it looks and feels amazing!
    Nothing Christmassy done, just enjoyed the weather.

As everybody seemed to enjoy the questions I have thought of a couple more.

1) Favourite Christmas Movie
    2) Favourite Christmas food/recipe
    3)Favourite Christmas Game
    • By 04624181 7th May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 6,301 Thanks
    Jakes-mum- No wonder you cried, after the way you were treated by PIP I do not blame you for getting them to come to you. I hope you are feeling ok. Love your traditions

Stockiebecks- I love All I want for Christmas too, I think it is like the theme tune to Christmas

TreasureQueen- Your traditions are lovely and sound like you are all a very close family.
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 8th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 884 Posts
    • 11,934 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    Hi all, what lovely weather again. Iíd love to say I had a nice relaxing weekend but it was ruined slightly by a premier league footballer, having an all night party on Sunday night! He has bought his mum a house near us on this development, I guess she is away and he is staying there temporarily as he is injured, he plays for Leicester City. Anyway a party with loud music started around 7pm on Sunday evening, we were ok with it as everyone has a party now and then so just sucked it up. But Squeak woke me up at 2:40am and then I couldnít for the life of me get back to sleep as the party was still going on, you could hear the constant bass from the music and they kept going out into the garden playing football and generally shouting around, this went on until 6:30am! Even then they only turned the music off, they were still outside drinking. I had gone downstairs in the living room to desperately try to get some sleep but just as I thought I was going Squeak woke up again at 5am and that was it! So yesterday DH and I were really irritable, the kids were tired and hot and it just didnít turn into a good day. I was so looking forward to a relaxing day as well! They actually started playing music and being noisy again yesterday afternoon and evening, in the end our neighbour went round at 8pm to tell them to keep it down as thereís lots of kids going to bed. This guy is about 21 so old enough to know what heís doing! I guess when youíre a footballer though your life is one big party and youíre probably in a frame of mind where no one else really matters. He probably doesnít care about the neighbours as he doesnít live here permanently. Anyway sorry rant over, Iím just still feeling the effects of their selfishness as I didnít catch up on any sleep last night as Wiggle and Squeak kept waking up because they were so hot.

Anyway on to Christmas, I too like to hand the presents out one by one like many of you, last year Wiggle was really excited so it was a fine balance between each taking our turn and not quashing his excitement! I think itís important for him to appreciate each present though and not just chuck it on a pile as soon as heís opened it.

04624181 Itís fun answering Christmas questions even though weíre almost in summer!

Fave movie: This is one of the trickiest ones to answer as I love them all! But itís got to be The Muppetís Christmas Carol, I just love it, I HAVE to watch it every year, even both Christmases I was pregnant and really ill and couldnít deal with Christmas at all! Santa Claus the Movie is also special to me as I was given it on video one Christmas when I was little and it was really exciting!

Fave food: Again the possibilities are endless, I love food and cooking! But I couldnít go without the traditional lunch with a glass of champagne and then a cold meat buffet in the evening and on Boxing Day. Bowls of nibbles around the place are a must too!

Fave game: I donít really have one as we didnít traditionally play games as a family, but I really enjoy them so Iím trying to implement it now. My family came to us last year and we played Frustration, such a simple game but we all laughed so much and really enjoyed it!
    • By 04624181 8th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 6,301 Thanks
    Hi all,
    Another lovely morning of sunshine so I am washing everything and getting it out on the line. DD spent some time painting yesterday. She was out in the back yard with big rolls of paper, lots of paint and brushes. She had a great time! I am now washing the clothes, blankets and towels that are full of paint LOL. Its worth it as she loved it. Just done a quick clean up and will be catching up on some paperwork this afternoon.
    Im watching Christmas Vlogs at the minute so I am in a Christmas mood, to be fair Im always in the mood for Christmas x

Favourite Movie- I love watching any Christmas movie but my favourite is Jingle all the way.
    Favourite Food- I have to say Traditional Christmas dinner is an all time favourite.
    Favourite Game- we played 2 amazing games last year that are firm family favourites. One is called Dinkee- Its the kids version of a game called Linkee and is lots of fun. The second one was the speak out game for family. The entertainer do their own version of it, this is the one we have. We all were crying with laughter. Its hilarious x
    • jakes-mum
    • By jakes-mum 8th May 18, 3:07 PM
    • 4,427 Posts
    • 42,933 Thanks
    jakes-mum
    ooo more questions:

1) Favourite Christmas Movie - The snowman as previously mentioned The Santa Clause also comes a very close second as DS and DD both loved this film when they were small and I have lots of memories of cuddling on the sofa watching it through out the year (DD still young enough to still love it but her favourite is The Santa Clause 3 as she loves Jack Frost )

2) Favourite Christmas food/recipe - Got to be my Christmas roast I love (and I mean LOVE!) roast dinner, have one every sunday, so I always look forward to Christmas day roast

3)Favourite Christmas Game - hmm, we don't really have a game we play, though there is a kind of tradition that the kids get a new board game each christmas to play. Last year DD got Star Wars Cluedo and we all had great fun playing that
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) 0/£1000
    Total Wins Of 2012 = £3015.03 Wins Of 2013 = £4427.11 Wins of 2014 = £2361.97 Wins of 2015 = £1754.90 Wins of 2016 £267.98 Wins of 2017 £25 Wins of 2018 £59
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 9th May 18, 7:55 AM
    • 5,705 Posts
    • 16,413 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    Favourite movie has to be The Polar Express

Favourite food is cheese and onion on toast that we have for breakfast

No game as other than the top trumps Dd and hubby play we don!!!8217;t really do games.

Christmas wise I!!!8217;m making a start next Tuesday as hubby and add are going on a day trip to The world of Crocodiles so it gives me a chance to list and wrap what I have so far for her lucky dip advent and also his birthday.
    Karma bus the most satisfying ride in town
    • Treasurequeen
    • By Treasurequeen 9th May 18, 11:28 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 3,771 Thanks
    Treasurequeen
    Favourite Movie: Santa Claus followed by Love actually.
    Favourite food: Mums Roast dinner followed by roulade for pudding.
    No games in my family but we have a bet on: when an argument will happen, what over and who starts it. I won last year.
    £2 saver club #26 £104
    • By 04624181 9th May 18, 12:13 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 6,301 Thanks
    Hi all,
    Still house hunting and waiting to see what happens. Feel like we are on pause a bit now, do not know whether to start packing bits we are not using and store them in the loft. Need a day of peace and quiet so I can get my Christmas Journal out and carry on with preparation.All buying is on hold until we know what is going on. I have eyeing up some wooden advent calendars to enable me to put in fun family Christmas ideas for us to do in December but really need to wait and see what I uncover when decluttering and packing as I am sure we have a felt advent tree somewhere so I can just as easily put the activities in there everyday. DDs birthday this weekend so just organising the last bits for that

Where has the sun gone? Please come back we miss you.
    Jakes-mum- I too like the Santa Clauses. They are another must see every year.
    Chrissyg- Glad to hear you are having a nice day of Christmas planning next week.
    TreasureQueen- your beting sounds like a fun game in itself lol
    • LMG1305
    • By LMG1305 9th May 18, 3:34 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 1,044 Thanks
    LMG1305
    Ooh hello all, I haven't been on here for ages & popped on today to see what everyone is up to & came across the Christmas questions. LOVE!! So here's my answers

1) What is the one decoration you could never give up? - Would have to be something my daughters have made over the years. However I do love most of my Disney decs because they have been bought each time we've gone to Disneyworld, so hold those memories. I can honestly look at each one & tell you which year it was that we bought them .

2) If you could only listen to one Christmas song on repeat which would it be? - Silent Night (Oh Holy Night close second, followed by The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting...)).

3) What is everybody's favourite Christmas Tradition? - watching a Christmas movie on Christmas Eve.

4) Favourite Movie - Arthur Christmas.

5) Favourite Food - Sprouts with chestnuts & pancetta.

6) Favourite Game - Hmm, not sure on this one. Maybe one of the stupid After Eight games because they're very funny.

I must admit I haven't had my mind on Christmas much lately because I have a busy month this month (my birthday, our anniversary, DD2 birthday, a concert to go to, a festival to go to and getting ready for our holiday at beginning of June!!). BUT, for the last few days I have thought of it a few times & instantly get excited for it. I will get proper into the countdown once I'm back from my holiday.

I hope everyone is ok, I need to get on here more so that I can keep up to date with all the goings on! xx
    Last edited by LMG1305; 09-05-2018 at 3:36 PM.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 9th May 18, 9:16 PM
    • 7,164 Posts
    • 49,797 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Sorry folks, haven't been on for ages with one thing and another.
    Big hugs to those who are having a tough time for one reason or another, what's the saying 'you can't make a rainbow without a little rain' - I hope you get your rainbows soon x

1) What is the one decoration you could never give up? Well I might say my Gin Baubles I bought last year I also brought home to papier mache baubles my mum always hung in the window when I was little, they're now in my care as she no longer really wants them and although i don't know where i'll put them, they are special to me.

2) If you could only listen to one Christmas song on repeat which would it be? - Silent Night for traditional (kinda makes me cry), and Do they know it's Christmas? for non-traditional. Although I can't stand the self righteous pretentious prats Bono and Geldof, I remember opening this on 7" one Christmas when I was about 5 or 6 and still have the single somewhere.

3) What is everybody's favourite Christmas Tradition? We don't really have one - I do make OH wait until after dinner for tree presents (as a kid we'd have Santa stockings in the morning and tree gifts after dinner) It drives him insane as he comes from a 'rip it all open after midnight mass' family. In more recent years I always go out around store closing time on Xmas eve to see what YS goodies I can pick up, usually including something for supper

4) Favourite Movie - The Snowman (also joined of late by The Snowman and the Snowdog) and also The Muppet Christmas Carol which I know virtually word for word. Oh and Mickey's Christmas Carol...again one that makes me cry.

5) Favourite Food - My aunty's yorkshire puddings that we all used to fight over.

6) Favourite Game - We don't do games here at xmas (at all) - I do remember playing Dingbats as a kid with my cousins, and Charades. I love watching the darts over xmas though...does that count?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 15th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 884 Posts
    • 11,934 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    Hi all, another beautiful day here today. We went on a mini cruise to Belgium on the P&O Britannia at the weekend so Iím just catching up from that with the unpacking and washing. Couldnít do a great deal yesterday as I had both boys at home. Iíd love to say we had a great time on the cruise but for various reasons it was a bit hard going. It was only two nights though and the ship itself is lovely with great amenities. We were very lucky to be able to go but I think weíll wait until the boys are a bit older to do it again. Iím now moving my attention to DHís birthday this weekend, then Squeakís birthday, then Fatherís Day a couple of days later then Wiggleís birthday 6 weeks after that! A lot of party planning to do. I have bought a couple of Christmas presents recently though; a ĎCarsí themed magic flannel from Poundland for Wiggleís stocking and a festive llama themed cushion from Next that was £5 in the sale for my SiL as she loves llamas. Although I thought it was going to be a smaller cushion but itís a big full size one, trying to decide if itís a good idea to give it as theyíd have to store it for the year?

Treasurequeen your game made me laugh!

I hope everyone is ok and enjoying the weather. xx
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 15th May 18, 2:21 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 35,658 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Afternoon everyone, loving reading everyones answers to the Christmas questions I had DD2 and DS birthday on sunday so I now have none until the end of October (thumpers birthday) so will try and squirrel some money away in my Christmas pot. I ordered a Christmas dvd that had been on my wish list for 2 years, then the price went right down so I grabbed it and it never turned up even though they said it was delivered anyway Amazon did refund my money so I left it a few days then reordered it had gone down 65p, this one arrived this morning, so I am happy

FAVOURITE MOVIE I think it would have to be ELF

FAVOURITE FOOD I love Christmas dinner with all the trimmings but my favourite favourite is mince pies

FAVOURITE TRADITION one of our traditions on Christmas Eve is to have Mcdonalds (I cant believe you do it too PRINCESSKITTY, we have done this for over 20 years)

FAVOURITE GAME it has to be charades, I have grown up with that one at Christmas but I also like the Logo game

CLUMSY sorry your appt didn't go as you had hoped, I cant believe they just discharged you like that. We always open one present at a time, you would have hated my exSIL their 3 kids used to have piles higher than the sofa and she would shout 321 go and they would see who could open all the presents the quickest madness

CHRISSY glad you had a lovely holiday in Scotland

JAKESMUM I hope you get your appt to be at home, it really annoys me to hear how upset people get through their incompetence

PRINCESSKITTY omg an all night party!!! I would have been seething the selfish pig! I don't mind a party going on but not all night it is so inconsiderate, especiall when you have littluns. What a shame you didn't enjoy your mini cruise, I would love to do a cruise one day

KERRIGT I have wanted to go yellow sticker shopping the last few years on Christmas eve, I have heard of people getting real bargains, but I would hate all the shoving and nastiness that goes on

CURRENTLY READING THE TEASHOP OF LOST AND FOUND - TRISHA ASHLEY
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2018 £10
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2018 - £500.00
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 15th May 18, 3:14 PM
    • 5,705 Posts
    • 16,413 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    Good afternoon ,
    I have spent sometime today hunting out and wrapping DDs lucky dip advent items i have 17 so far so doing well .

Apparently they have had a good day at the crocodile place in Oxford she has even had a photo taken holding one !

My mam and dad have given me a few ideas for them for christmas so im going to spend a few hours looking for gold hoop earrings and trainers .

I submitted a 9 page formal complaint letter to the holiday companydetailing 39 issues that needed addressing in relation to DDs disastrous holiday , they responded by answering 19 issues that made dd look like she was at fault even though that wasnt the case and giving versions of events that just didnt happen . They are all smiles when they are taking the money but an absolute nightmare when things go wrong .Rant over .
    Last edited by CHRISSYG; 24-05-2018 at 7:33 AM.
    • Peppapig
    • By Peppapig 15th May 18, 3:22 PM
    • 1,203 Posts
    • 16,140 Thanks
    Peppapig
    Lovely to see some action again

Nothing Christmassy here although I have sorted my cupboard out and I!!!8217;ll be storing the pressies in there so that sort of counts.

Is anyone else excited about the Royal wedding? In the road I used to live in they put bunting up for occasions and have a street party. Where I live now is a bit quiet for that but I!!!8217;ve dug my flags out and I!!!8217;m going to !!!8216;plant!!!8217; them in the front garden. If I can find/make any in time I might put a bit of bunting up too. I!!!8217;ve got a bit of a dilemma because I was planning to go to the Bedfordshire Young Farmers show on Saturday but I think I!!!8217;ll stay at home and watch the wedding coverage instead.

Hope everyone is enjoying the fab weather.

KERRI we love the darts too.

FAVOURITE MOVIE is difficult. I can narrow it down to three I think. Mrs Miracle 2, Miracle in Manhattan; Love Actually; and Flight of the Reindeer but to be honest I watch virtually every Christmas film that!!!8217;s on once Christmas 24 starts.

FAVOURITE TRADITION - we don!!!8217;t really have any although we do have a definite routine. DD and DGD are always at ours on Christmas morning so DGD has her presents from mummy and Santa as soon as she wakes up, then breakfast and get ready and then the family pressies are done wherever we are after lunch. Definitely one at a time for me, I like to see what everyone!!!8217;s got and I like to save mi e til last so I get to enjoy the anticipation longer.

FAVOURITE GAME - we have a different game every year (DD2 is a great believer in games at Christmas)but one of my favourites was the musical whistles where you all have one that blows a different note and one of you (me) is the conductor with the music and every time you point to someone they blow their whistle and you play a carol. It!!!8217;s a lot more fun than it sounds, honestly.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year .....
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 15th May 18, 3:46 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 35,658 Thanks
    freespirit66
    PEPPAPIG I am watching the Royal Wedding and making an Afternoon Tea for us to eat while we are watching it all, I have union jack flags, paperchains, cake stands, tablecloth etc which I am going to decorate with. I will put some pics on IG I expect. I love all the pomp and circumstance of it all, I definitely wont get my steps in on that day because I will watch from first thing until the finish. I feel quite sorry for Meghan with all this bad publicity about her dad and family, I hope it doesn't spoil her day.

CHRISSY I'm not surprised you are fuming at the way you and DD have been treated, are there any other companies that do the same sort of supported holidays?
    CURRENTLY READING THE TEASHOP OF LOST AND FOUND - TRISHA ASHLEY
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2018 £10
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2018 - £500.00
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 15th May 18, 3:53 PM
    • 5,705 Posts
    • 16,413 Thanks
    CHRISSYG

CHRISSY I'm not surprised you are fuming at the way you and DD have been treated, are there any other companies that do the same sort of supported holidays?
    [/FONT]
    by freespirit66;[FONT=Comic Sans MS

I don't think she would go with another one to be honest but we are going to try coach holidays , i enjoyed them in the past just hope she will too . We are going to visit the German christmas markets next year . Anything that involves flying her dad will take her [i dont do flying]
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,134Posts Today

8,987Users online

Martin's Twitter