IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo - No 10 digit verification code

HI all - Not really sure how I have survived up until now having just discovered this extremely helpful and informative website. I have read the NEWBIES sticky on parking appeals over a couple of evenings and I think I'm ready to make my advance to POPLA having received the obligatory appeal rejection from Indigo (at the end of the maximum time period naturally). However is now standard practice by Indigo to NOT issue the verification code with their appeal rejection? Ah yes rather interesting in my case I'm struggling to find the actual signage image at the station car park that they have included in my rejection letter depicting a rather large scale image of the T's and C's - it simply cannot be found!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    no chance of ADR any more for INDIGO raliway station tickets

its no longer an option and so no popla code

plenty of info on this recent change in other threads

the trick now is to get past the 6 month statute that means you cannot be taken to the MAGISTRATES court for a bylaws breach
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Indigo no longer issue PoPLA codes for station car parks.

There are many threads here explaining this - one (or more) earlier today.

Use the forum's search facility to search for indigo popla, choosing Show Posts, for greater detail.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    edited 10 December 2017 at 10:01PM
    Complain to the DVLA (who seem to be keeping their heads down on this) and ask why you have absolutely no access to any form of independent appeal? So why are they just offloading your personal details to a third party when you are denied any form of alternative dispute resolution. Indigo are therefore just due and jury. Can’t be right.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Search the forum for Indigo railway POPLA and read threads since October, as this has already been said dozens of times.

No POPLA, no payment, no worries, no questions.

Time it out over 6 months like everyone else does.

Certainly complain to your MP & the DVLA about the lack of ADR, that the BPA appear to have just allowed Indigo to remove.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ndjfb00
    ndjfb00 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Ok thanks all for the replies, I understand the position now between POPLA and Indigo, maybe this smacks of deal done in the golf club.

So I get the idea that I now have to drag this out post 6 months but can I just say the following (despite reading again NEWBIES thread) you guys live and brief this stuff.

Like others I admitted to being the driver in the appeal (I now know this was stupid) I am NOT the keeper of the vehicle on the PCN the car is my sons!, I can't recall if I was required to give my address on the appeal to Indigo (probably). The car is about to be sold, could this cause the new keeper any issues?

Lastly, if I read the NEWBIE threads correctly, the ONLY body that can take me to court is the ToC (my case is on railway land)?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    the PPC can only get the KEEPER details once from the DVLA for each parking "violation"

if the NEW keeper commits a parking violation, the PPC will obtain their details from the DVLA

nothing the present keeper has done will affect a future keeper, nor vice versa , if the handowner is done correctly

the TOC can take the driver (or owner) to Magistrates court , so its important to stress the type of court that can be used (in this case the MAGS court, not Civil court) - they have 6 months to do so

bear in mind that sometimes this is the BTP, but we have not heard of any cases where this has happened , so we have no facts to go on , save it does not seem to happen - so far

it was ALWAYS a bylaws issue , never a civil parking issue , hence why there seems to be no popla
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Selling the car will cause no problems for the new owner.

The PPC can only request the Registered Keeper's details fro DVLA once. They did that a long time ago.

The car is no longer relevant.

Of course it is important for your son to ensure that keeper details are updated
    with the DVLA promptly when he sells the vehicle.
  • Umkomaas
    The car is about to be sold, could this cause the new keeper any issues?
    None whatsoever. Indigo have only one bite of the cherry in terms of accessing the registered keeper’s details per parking charge - and they’ve already had that. I’m sure you know, but just to add, that by selling the car does not mean the charge is now void - many think that is the case; it is not.
    Lastly, if I read the NEWBIE threads correctly, the ONLY body that can take me to court is the ToC (my case is on railway land)?
    That should be the case at the Magistrates Court, as a criminal prosecution under Byelaws. I have never seen any other party doing this on behalf of a TOC.

In terms of indigo potentially going down the contractual route, again, we’ve seen nothing as yet appearing at the small claims court - this is relatively new stuff, and no one knows what is going on behind closed doors. The removal of POPLA from the equation came as quite a surprise to most of us.

This is uncharted territory and an unregulated parking company, we rule nothing out, but for the moment it looks too complicated for Indigo to chance their arm, but never say never.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• ndjfb00
    ndjfb00 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Ok guys things have moved on a little, this morning I received a letter from ZZPS Ltd debt recovery company. They require a total of £170 (£70 of which is admin). Is it beyond the bounds of possibly that I could appear on TV ''Can't Pay We'll Take It Away''?? They say they will continue to pursue this matter in the absence of any contact from myself. In all seriousness I'm still very aggrieved that I haven't had chance to appeal outside of Indigo. Do you still suggest I stay put on this? PCN was issued on 22nd Nov 2017 so I'm a fair way off the 6months window.
  • Umkomaas
    Is it beyond the bounds of possibly that I could appear on TV ''Can't Pay We'll Take It Away''??
    Totally! They are dealing with claims in excess of £600, and usually well in excess.

ZZPS are debt collectors - follow the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4.

What did David Dunford of the DVLA say when you emailed him about this?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport