IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo - No 10 digit verification code

Options

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    a bay is a bay , markings or not , bay = parking area ,

if you should not park there the "bay" should be clearly marked , as it was an un marked bay it was not clearly marked
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    There may well have been a breach of your privacy here under the DPA which could get you up to £750 damages in a Count Court. Bear this in mind, and have another look when the six months has timed out.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ndjfb00
    ndjfb00 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon all, as promised ZZPS have duly promised on their delivery and this morning I was the proud receiver of a letter from QDR Solicitors.

A key line from their letter;

'' Failure to make payment in full or contact us to discuss repayment of this debt may result in us recommending to the Car Park Operators that the matter be enforced through the criminal court proceedings. Such proceedings would require your attendance before the magistrates court''

Fine now stands at £206.

I'll take your view on this but are there any merits in me writing to QDR and highlighting the fact that I have no intention of paying this Penalty Notice (their quote) and that I'm more than willing to attend the proceedings? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am prepared to go the whole way and beyond knowing that it's unlikely that Southern Rail would be willing to attend a court proceeding ( I hope)? Whats your thoughts? Any delay tactics you can suggest, notice was issued on 22-11-2017 so I need to extend this a bit, it's moving along too fast!!
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pay who? QDR , ZZPS , indigo or TRAIN COMPANY

allow indigo to start court action IN A MAGISTRATES court , please do a forum search for qdr/zzps
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Have you seen this?

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

It is a scam and the PPC are well aware that it is a scam, but more people pay up than fight them.

Complain in the strongest terms to you MP and they may be toast by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Drag it out to 6 months by always replying with some new questions or asking for more photos, but only reply right at the end of the deadline each letter gives. String it out.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ndjfb00
    Options
    Sorry, just seen this, it was for parking in an unmarked bay and I mean a 'bay' it's almost purposely been left unmarked with lines to snare the likes of myself when the car park is full, I guess the regulars know the trap.

ps - is it possible to elect notification update via email on these threads? I cant see this setting at all
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ndjfb00 wrote: »
    ps - is it possible to elect notification update via email on these threads? I cant see this setting at all
    Yes it is.
    Choose thread tools and subscribe to this thread.

But if you can't get it to work you'll need to check back more frequently.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why don't you just read other threads, it reads as though you think your thread is the only place to look. Quite frustrating for us, given how busy this forum is, that you are missing it all!

You will learn so much more just by searching the forum & reading the dozens of other people, all currently dealing with Indigo Railway PCNs and complaining to their MP about the lack of POPLA (despite the PCN offering it).

All just happily waiting for the PCN to time out.

6 months goes quickly and NONE have gone to Mag's court. Other threads explain why not.

Search for the 2 words 'Indigo Railway' and settle down with a cuppa to read them all. Please don't stay in isolation on your little thread, hoping for updated comments that really are not needed because it's all been said before, umpteen times already, and you can find such threads in seconds.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ndjfb00
    Options
    Thanks Coupon Mad, accept your statement on reading other threads but from my side it's a balance of time and effort vs reward, yes I have read through these forums extensively (I mean I'm even advising friends on parking matters now) but you know sometimes you just don't obtain that crucial information from reading through the vast volumes of info, everyone is so busy nowadays. For example you have just told me that nobody has been to court on a case similar to mine, that's great news and I probably could have ascertained that in a good few hours of reading.....time permitting. Maybe my understanding of how a forum works is incorrect but whatever the case I really do appreciate the information. At 54k posts you are obviously going to have seen and read far more repeated threads than me and I understand your frustration on saying the same old same old but I go back to my opening statement effort vs reward, I wouldn't ask if had read what I needed to know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure