Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pddt1975
    • By pddt1975 30th Oct 17, 4:45 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 4Thanks
    pddt1975
    Parking Notice received - I paid my fee
    • 30th Oct 17, 4:45 PM
    Parking Notice received - I paid my fee 30th Oct 17 at 4:45 PM
    Hi, can someone help. I parked in an ANPR car park.

Pulled into the car park, found a space, went to put my money into the machine (2.50 fee) and it wouldn't take new 1 coins. I asked a few other people but no joy so was told to run across to the shop opposite which I did.

I went back to the car park, after 5 minutes and paid my fee. I was allowed to park for 2 hours - 10:08am to 12:08. I came out of the car park 3 minutes before the end of my ticket, namely 12:05.

They are saying that because I went into the car park at 10:05 but didn't pay until 10:08am then I should pay a fine. they have had their 2.50 and I parked for less time that they charged me.

I have written to them, they said tough I have to pay, they then said I should appeal to POPLA which I was told not to do as it then means I am agreeing to their debt being due and payable, which I don't.

I now have a letter from DRP debt collection telling me that I could be taken to court. Surely I have a good chance of winning if I paid my ticket, have sent them a copy, and still have the ticket?
    Last edited by pddt1975; 31-10-2017 at 1:09 PM.
Page 2
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 15th Nov 17, 3:00 PM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 3,327 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Good job. Just keep going through the motions until they give up or issue proceedings.

When they send a LBC you need to do a different type of response, come back here for help at the time. I've helped draft other complaints (someone posted their complaint letter yesterday here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73406058#post73406058
    , it was a good letter and led to the PCN being withdrawn, so in case I don't see your update at the time it might be worth bookmarking that one now).
    Last edited by Loadsofchildren123; 15-11-2017 at 3:31 PM.
    • pddt1975
    • By pddt1975 27th Nov 17, 3:41 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    pddt1975
    Letter received from DRP

Their findings are that they recommend court proceedings to their client. They should go ahead I say and lets see what happens. They are demanding 150 by 6th December

Their findings are:
    1. Signs state that all drivers must make a valid payment to park - I did and have sent my copy parking ticket on at least 4 occasions
    2. they are saying that on 19th June my car was parked without a valid payment for parking - again incorrect.
    3. I told them that their last letter mentioned that I did not put my registration number into the machine correctly. I asked them for proof. They haven't given it to me, but quoted that I had received their correspondence so they had evidence to the contrary........

they are idiots.

are they just expecting me to back down and pay?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Nov 17, 4:22 PM
    • 17,772 Posts
    • 22,397 Thanks
    Redx
    DRP are , yes

but if you have read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread you will know to IGNORE drp

drp are powerless debt colelctors, working on behalf of the PPC

drp have no powers at all to alter the proceeedings , they are employed as no win , no fee to get the money out of you, so YES they do expect you to back down and pay, that is their business model and they wont care about anything you say or do

IGNORE drp, completely
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pddt1975
    • By pddt1975 4th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    pddt1975
    New update. DRP asked me to pay 150 by 21st December - ignored them. Today I have a letter telling me that if I paid 125 (reduced amount) by 21st January the matter is settled.

Laughable. If they had a case then wouldn't they have issued proceedings by now - and why would they reduce the amount if they thought they had a case??

Just going to ignore them and see what happens next
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 5th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 3,327 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Letter received from DRP

Their findings are.......

they are idiots.
    Originally posted by pddt1975
    Lol. DRP won't have made any "findings" at all, they won't have looked at any documents, attended the site, nothing. What a joke. but you already know that!
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Jan 18, 1:30 PM
    • 35,119 Posts
    • 19,194 Thanks
    Quentin
    Please see this thread regarding DRP letters and why no need for update posts/threads about them!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,840Posts Today

6,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin