Starting over...

Options

Comments

• ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for the info DFD - seeing as I'm moving back in the new year I can save the cash back incentives for then :beer: and re: the batteries, rechargeables aren't powerful enough and cause feedback issues when they're used for microphones. I tend to buy in bulk or when they're on special offer at Mr T.

- gig
    - [STRIKE]figure out if I can claim on Top Cashback while non-resident[/STRIKE]
    - throw out old batteries (I feel this requires an explanation - I use a cordless mic for a lot of my gigs, so I get through a lot of batteries!)
    - [STRIKE]put together set list for Saturday[/STRIKE]
    - learn new song
    - clean costume jewellery
    - [STRIKE]clean bedroom[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]clean bathroom[/STRIKE]
    -[STRIKE] book car hire for UK trip next month (hopefully I'll find a discount code!)[/STRIKE]
    - research Fiverr - is it worth signing up for?
    - look at other income stream
    - [STRIKE]clean out car[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]put filthy, filthy car through car wash![/STRIKE]

I'm really chuffed with the car hire deal I got. I found the cheapest 5-door with unlimited mileage and then went on live chat to book through a human, and he gave me a £20 which paid for almost all of my car hire excess :j didn't even ask for the discount!

Right, I'm on a roll so back to the list!
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • ladymay
    Options
    Well, today has been a lot more positive!

I got a load of vouchers from Mr T today - all €10 off a €50 spend. That's way over my weekly budget but I might see if I can fill the cupboards and buy all the toiletries I need for the next eleven weeks. I buy a crazy amount of body lotion for my stupid skin so it could save me a fair bit by stocking up.

I've had a look at Fiverr and I'm still slightly undecided but I'm going to make a profile tomorrow for basic admin and give it a go - database entry, research etc. If that goes well once I set up my bedroom studio after I've moved I can start with session singing and voice over work.

Task list for tomorrow:

- chase late payments
    - last round of emails to book final couple of dates left for November and December
    - contact friend who I stored my boxes with and check when I can pick them up, so I can finalise dates for moving :D:D:D
    - invoices for next week
    - create Fiverr account
    - finish catching up with emails
    - throw out batteries - they're all together in a bag in the car ready to recycle next time I go to the supermarket, which hopefully won't be till Monday
    - gig
    - meet with the Musical Society to discuss plans for the Christmas concert :snow_grin

Busy busy!
  • ladymay
    Options
    - [STRIKE]chase late payments[/STRIKE] I got a cheque for one of them through the post today :j waiting on a call back from the other venue
    - [STRIKE]last round of emails to book final couple of dates left for November and December[/STRIKE] I've decided to scrap that - I'm already bordering on too much singing and the last thing I need is to get sick
    - [STRIKE]contact friend who I stored my boxes with and check when I can pick them up, so I can finalise dates for moving [/STRIKE] He's around on my date of choice - perfect!
    - [STRIKE]invoices for next week[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]create Fiverr account[/STRIKE] I've put up that I'm offering data entry, research, admin and support, let's see if I get anything. Fingers crossed
    - [STRIKE]finish catching up with emails[/STRIKE]
    - throw out batteries - they're all together in a bag in the car ready to recycle next time I go to the supermarket, which hopefully won't be till Monday I'll get this done today because I've run out of tea bags and milk
    - gig
    - meet with the Musical Society to discuss plans for the Christmas concert

I got an email today saying I have to renew the domain name for my website in two weeks, which I won't bother doing because I have to rebrand under a different name in the UK; a bunch of British wedding companies already use my business name . I get very little traffic from my website anyway - it's mostly social media - but I'm a bit sad to start wrapping up the business here. Ireland has been really good to me, and the break up notwithstanding I've really enjoyed my time here...

If I get time today I'll make up a batch of veggie bolognese so my dinner are sorted for the rest of the week, and I'm going to do an inventory of all my beauty products and groceries so I can see what I need to buy on my big shop on Monday.

It's really dark and miserable outside today, but I'm trying really hard to stay positive!! :)
  • ladymay
    Options
    I got a phone call today to say that three invoices have been paid by BACS, so that should reach my account tomorrow or Monday, and another two have been paid today by cheque, so I'll have that money in my account next Friday. Which will mean I'll have my €500 emergency fund in my account, my rent will be ready to go in my savings account, and the rest can go towards getting the ferries booked :j

I'm not in a position to concentrate on my credit card debt at the moment, but I'm going to try the payment a day challenge to feel better about myself. £1.82 went onto my card just now :rotfl: doesn't feel like much, but I guess if it's too small to notice it's best used paying off debt.

I'm trying to not get too anxious about the weekend - I'm so busy with work, friends and volunteering there's no point in making to-do lists. And that's makes me nervous because it's a coping mechanism of mine for when I'm feeling stressed. I might just make a little one for tomorrow...
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Small payments add up over time so just do what you can for now, making small changes now will help prepare you for when you're more settled. Also if to do lists help you then go ahead and write them, life is difficult enough without trying to do without our coping mechanisms.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • phizzimum
    phizzimum Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Ladymay

A few weeks ago there was a programme on Radio 4 about the growing trend of having a professional singer at funerals. Not sure how you’d feel about that but it could be a way to diversify your business.

Was a very interesting programme, wonder if it’s still available to listen to.
    weaving through the chaos...
  • ladymay
    Options
    Well yesterday was fun! Gigs with two of my regular nursing home clients, one of my ladies (she's in her 80's) told me "the best way to get over a man is to get under another one" :rotfl: and then I wet to a friends for wine and ice cream - both reduced, of course! I didn't get chance to put in my cheques but the BACS payment went through, so rent for next month is sorted, emergency fund is full and every other penny can start heading to my UK account.

DFD You're right on both counts - put another quid onto my CC this morning!

phizzimum thanks for the head up, it's something I'll look into! I'm sure there are agencies that cater for that.

I made my inventory of stuff to buy while I have my money off vouchers for Mr T, I'll get a big shop done on Monday and another the week after. Hopefully after that point it'll be top-up shops until I move.

Another nursing home gig this afternoon and a wedding reception this evening. I'm going to watch some Netflix and relax for a bit before work :cool:
  • ladymay
    Options
    What a busy few days! Very tired, but after my volunteer shift tonight I can get back to a regular sleep pattern for a while :D

I managed to get a big shop done and have stocked up on a ton of stuff, I decided to split it into two shopping trips because I have another voucher to use in a couple of weeks. I rearranged the cupboards and definitely have space for some more dry goods!

I had a look at all my incomings and outgoings in the lead up to my leaving:

Earnings

Currently owed on invoices: €1035
    Rest of October: €1000
    November: €985
    December: €3225

Refund on wedding fairs: €550

Savings: €460
    Current Account: €590

Total: 7845

Outgoings

Rent: €493
    Groceries: €300
    Car Insurance: €247 (including cancellation charge)
    Breakdown cover: €21
    Fuel: €700
    Mobile: €120
    Car service and misc: €200
    Ferries: €600
    Holiday/ ents/ misc: €600

Total after outgoings : €4564

I'm sure I've missed out things but it's good to know I don't have to panic too much about money.

I have around £1750 on my CC, I just put my data into the minimum repayment calculator and if I pay it back by New Year instead of just my MR standing order, I'll save over £11K in interest :eek::eek::eek: So I'll definitely be doing that! It'll mean the new year will be super tight, but I'm moving in with mum already, I may as well make the most of it financially.

It's a crazy busy week with Halloween gigs and Cork has an international Jazz Festival - roll on 4th November, my next day off!!
  • ladymay
    Options
    Hair is in rollers old-school style :p singing at a wedding drinks reception later today, then helping set up for the Jazz festival and heading out to Pizza Express - I'll buy a glass of wine but I've used some of my club card points for a little pizza boost!

Only other spends today will be for a new water bottle, mine broke yesterday - full of water of course :rotfl:
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It would be great if you could clear your debt ready for when you move then you will be really be starting completely fresh! Have a lovely day.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport