Spark Energy and Opos Limit problem

luccaforum751
luccaforum751 Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 19 July 2017 at 3:48PM in Energy
Hi,
Over three years ago we moved into a rental property and had the misfortune to have Spark Energy as our energy supplier (we didn't choose this, it was already in place).

We had no end of problems with them and to be frank were the worst company I've ever had to deal with. We left the property in early April 2014 and received an email from Spark on May 2014 with the final bill which we paid within a few days.

We have had no contact with them since then - over three years ago. To say I was surprised to receive an email from Oposlimit asking for the money outstanding to Spark to be paid would be an understatement to say the least!

It's not a huge amount but it's the principle of the matter as we paid everything that was owed quickly and with the minimum of fuss (which cannot be said for the hassle dealing with Spark).

Has anybody had any similar issues?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Hi luccaforum751

Sorry to hear that you're receiving contact about a bill after such a long time.

If you can email me using the address given in my profile, I can have a look into this for you, and I'll make sure we get things sorted out. It would be great if you could include your full name, the address of the property we supplied you at and your email address.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Thanks for your reply Jenny.

Have sent you an email with the requested details and look forward to your reply.
  • Hi luccaforum751

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

I've checked things over, put things right, and sent you a response.

Pop me an email once you've had a chance to read my response, I'll be here until 6pm today, and back at 8am on Monday.

Kind regards

Jenny
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi Jenny,

I have just had a rather disturbing call from an agency in Glasgow claiming to be collecting the recent invoice from yourselves.

This bill has just been paid in full through your online service and was delayed in only just receiving the bill through the mail and also to not being at home for the last few days. I also just wanted to clarify this company OPOS does in fact represent you. If so can you explain why you have resorted to referring this to a debt collection agency without warning?

This companies manner is very alarming in the way they approach your customers, leaving worrying messages to contact them immediately.

I called and informed them I was making the payment direct to yourselves as I was not aware of any connection between them and Spark, or if they had any authority to take payment on your behalf, especially over the phone.

I would also like to be assured that this in no way has impacted my credit rating.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
  • SummerFun
    SummerFun Posts: 103 Forumite
    barrowr wrote: »
    Hi Jenny,

I have just had a rather disturbing call from an agency in Glasgow claiming to be collecting the recent invoice from yourselves.

This bill has just been paid in full through your online service and was delayed in only just receiving the bill through the mail and also to not being at home for the last few days. I also just wanted to clarify this company OPOS does in fact represent you. If so can you explain why you have resorted to referring this to a debt collection agency without warning?

This companies manner is very alarming in the way they approach your customers, leaving worrying messages to contact them immediately.

I called and informed them I was making the payment direct to yourselves as I was not aware of any connection between them and Spark, or if they had any authority to take payment on your behalf, especially over the phone.

I would also like to be assured that this in no way has impacted my credit rating.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Have you followed this earlier suggestion by Jenny?

Sorry to hear that you're receiving contact about a bill after such a long time.

If you can email me using the address given in my profile, I can have a look into this for you, and I'll make sure we get things sorted out. It would be great if you could include your full name, the address of the property we supplied you at and your email address.

Kind regards

Jenny

It seemed to work wonders for luccaforum751
  • Hi barrowr

Thanks very much for your post, and for your email, which I've looked into. I've emailed you a response.

I'm here until 4pm today so drop me an email if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards

Jenny
  • Hi Jenny at Spark Energy

I hope you are still folllowing this thread.

I hope you can help. I used to live in rented accommodation which used spark energy, which I left in Jan 2014. All bills were paid when leaving the rented house. I have received a letter a week ago from OPOS stating that I owe money to spark energy for a period of time post 2014, when I wasn’t living in the accommodation. I explained this to OPOS and gave information to prove this and yet I am being called sometimes more than once a day from them. Can you please help?

Thank you
  • Hi RJohnson

I'm here and happy to assist you.

If you can email the address given in my profile, confirming your full name and the supply address, I can look into this for you. I can also stop any further contact from OPOS.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Jenny
  • Thank you Jenny - email sent
  • Thanks RJohnson!

I've received it and I'm looking at it now.

Kind regards

Jenny
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback