Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Open the fizz, have a fabulous weekend and forget about cleaning.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Open the fizz, have a fabulous weekend and forget about cleaning.

^^^ABSOLUTELY^^^ seconded^^^ - hope you've several bottles...... :D;):D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I love reading it Fortune. There are some excellent threads on here, but yours reads like a story. I can almost picture your place which is fab.

Hope hubby home safe and children soon to arrive

Bexster :)

ETA: Thirded! Re: fizz
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a wonderful weekend with your family:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Enjoy!!! ��
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    It's never too early for fizz Fortune - enjoy your weekend :)
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Fizz is a 24/7 tipple. Enjoy :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Hotel shower caps for proving dough!!!! That is a genius idea. Please consider that one well and truly stolen.
    I love that idea too :j I could have used the posh Body Shop body scrub things, but I think I put them into the charity shop :o

Hi there Wish. I did think about taking some before and after pics but the before pics were so disgusting I would be too embarrassed to share them :rotfl:
    As has been said - it wasn't you wot dirtied them! But disappointed to hear that Photob are now charging for an account - I'm sure I used to have an account there, and it makes sense of some people's sigs I've seen on other forums, a blank photobucket logo where a pic used to be. I'm on flickr - i really hope they don't follow suit!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend with your guests :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you everyone. We had a wonderful weekend and lots of fizz was consumed - although I did hold out until my guests arrived ;)

It was so lovely to finally stop working and just enjoy the house. It really came to life with family and friends here. They were all delighted with a much shorter travel time too.

We managed without the downstairs loo, however, the plumber came this morning to sort it out. Concrete was involved :eek: so it will be Wednesday before it's operational.

A telephone engineer arrived this morning too so Mr F now has a business line and some trees which were pressing against the lines have been cut back and no longer pose a threat to our broadband.

In between making cups of tea for the workmen I managed to catch up on some paperwork and spent the afternoon ironing Mr F's shirts ready for his next business trip tomorrow. For the first time in ages, I felt like I had a normal, routine day :cool:

I managed to save a few pounds on this week's grocery shop so can now cover the plumber's bill without raiding the emergency fund and have a little towards this month's op too.

My personal funds have taken a hit though. Two pairs of my jeans have lost the will to live. They were getting a bit thin over the thighs and had torn a little then I managed to put my foot through the tear in both pairs and rip them from seam to seam. It's not a look I can carry off :rotfl: They have been relegated to the bin and a couple of new pairs ordered from Mark$. I'm not holding out much hope for the new ones though. I find it very difficult to get jeans that fit properly.

It's an early night for us tonight as the chaos of the last few weeks plus a weekend of partying has taken its toll. I am looking forward to a gentle day out in the market town tomorrow to continue my recovery :rotfl:

Happy Monday all

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback