WARNING: taxicode.com 5POUNDSOFF

Options

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DO NOT USE !!! This company takes your money even if you try to cancel!! They took £275 from us and we cancelled 3 weeks in advance. We would have cancelled a month earlier but they don't answer their phone. We are still fighting to get our money back. READ their terms & conditions ,clause 7 . They are not a taxi firm they are brokers who farm out the work to legitimate taxi firms. We even had the actual taxi driver phone us to apologise for Taxicode and their underhand practises.

Clause 7 says to do it via the website.
    The clause said you should get 35% back if you do this. Did you?
  • savadude
    savadude Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After doing a search on the internet this Taxicode came up as best price just pipping another well know taxi aggregator with the £5 off voucher. I have ordered many taxis to the airport this way for years. However this time after 3 or 4 attempts on its website, (it kept changing the pickup date) I omitted to deselect the £1.50 SMS alert. It also added a £2.50 credit card charge that wasn't clear from the outset.

These options are usually free with uber etc. It was only after I had payed that I realised this. I ended up paying an extra 10% on top of the fare. These small extras are the things that annoy customers. I would not of used this company if I had known this before hand.

It was not until a week later that I received a bill for £25 as part of the Taxicode Rewards Membership. This now had changed from a small annoying experience to a major one as all of a sudden annual fees and cancelation hassle were involved. I did not even receive a confirmation that I had joined this scheme!

One thing in Taxicode's favour was that when I called I had a polite and well spoken customer service agent that canceled the reward scheme hence the extra star. She went through the process explained that everything was on the website. The thing is as a customer you don't want to spend an hour trawling a site reading through pages of T&C's. You just want to book and be done with paying the headline price not find out it's a different price and you are tied up to some paying scheme.

Oh and finally 'Salt in the wound' you are charged a £5 'cancelation fee' which in effect cancels the initial £5 off voucher!! Who charges cancelation fee for a loyalty scheme that you did not know you joined??

Beware what you are signing up to when using Taxicode!!!
  • kevjvickers
    Options
    I have the same issue but they also appear to not even recognise my email address in order to login to cancel the subscription! Even though they are sending subscription reminders to my address! I don't recall setting up an account just making a booking and I cannot access the support portal without an account.

Has anyone figure out a way to contact them and cancel the subscription (without an account)?
  • Martin_Tudor
    Options
    Can now cancel online - will refund arrive?
    Website now claims you can cancel and be refunded (less any discounts received) up to 90 days after 'signing up'. I had to create an account but once done the previous booking showed up and I was able to follow the instructions for cancelling a subscription given on their website. Now waiting to see if money arrives as promised!
  • topsales
    topsales Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    I certainly didn't receive a refund!
  • Yasminyana
    Options
    I got caught by this crowd too and ended up being charged £25 via my credit card for their subscription service.....I did however get an email from them but it wasn't clear from the email that I was being charged £25 to join. I complained and got my money back...well £20 of it...not the full £25 they charged me....

I complained and did manage to speak to someone and I have now received a refund....I also gave them a negative review on Trust Pilot but they complained twice about my review and it was taken down by Trust Pilot on both occasions but my latest version (which no longer contains the word "scam") has now been published.

I think what they do is sharp practice and had I known what they were like I would never have used them...so lesson learned...

The taxi was also 20 minutes late getting us to a wedding and they claimed that we cannot hold them responsible because they are not a taxi firm...but who was our contract with?
  • theoldgits
    Options
    i was interested to read this as i also was caught out. they did not inform me by e-mail or any other way what i had inadvertently agreed to, and after opening a help ticket they told me the rewards scheme was not refundable, no information at all about how to cancel it. i knew i could cancel by law, and informed them of this several times. they still went ahead and took the £25 on a recurring payment. my bank sorted this out, removed the payment and followed it up via their usual procedures. eventually they sent a refund for this.

they never provided a taxi either, letting me know they were unable to fulfil the order 24 hours before it was due to pick up. this was after i had booked and paid 4 weeks before. i did get the refund for this, but i had written to them warning that if it was not in my bank according to their own terms and conditions, i would contact the bank again.

i have looked on their website again, and find that they have changed it so that the terms and conditions are clearer. they still have the countdown though for the booking process, which psychologically pushes you into trying to do it quickly, and maybe missing out important information. i reported them to trading standards, as i believe many people did so it seems that they have had to respond. even so, their practice is sharp and i would never use them again.
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    I am a taxicode "travel partner"....... ive a Merc E class estate and an Audi A6 Avant (estate), the system is a minefield for us, they are as quick to fine us as they are to charge the public, we have to price high as they take 10% off us PLUS monthly subscriptions, they also take the passengers side too readily, even when the passenger is clearly at fault (like a no show 10 miles away).
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    topsales wrote: »
    I too have had this issue. So annoyed especially as the original taxi booked was cancelled by the taxi company. I think it is a scam personally but the company don't seem to think so. I have now cancelled but am 25.00 lighter!

What happens is the taxi firm has set rates and an over-ambitious coverage area, they see a job isnt economical to cover so cancel, that costs them £5 BTW
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Taxicode is the worse company I have ever come across in 50 years! If you cancel a taxi, even days in advance they try to keep a LARGE amount of the fee. Something like 80%. i did my research on trustpilot and stated the I would contact various consumer groups. I got my money back. Do you research and get your money back.

Their facebook page is worth a look!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport