IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Heath Parade NW9 again. NTK received. Ignore or appeal?

Options
keekstuff
keekstuff Posts: 31 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 12 February 2019 at 5:08PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello again everyone.
*** Update 12th Feb 2019 ***
Won in court based on common sense.

*** Update 12th Aug 2018 ***
Well over a year since this first came up, we received a country court business center claim form (strangely, without receiving a Letter Before Claim, unless I misunderstood and this -IS- the letter before claim).

Lots has happened to the site since the original post :
- Council has taken over the layby
- Forum Member AmonUK / zaklondon found that PCM never had authority of the freeholder!

Although I am not sure how to file my defense just yet, as previous tickets never reached this far, I will read through some threads and am now in the process drafting up a defense based on:
- Authority of the freeholder
- improper signage
- grace period
- predatory tactics.

*** Original Post from 13th Jun 2017***
You helped me fight a parking ticket last year. I'm back again because of the infamous Heath Parade / PCM site. The more I find out about this site... :mad:.

My partner stopped there for 3 minutes. No ticket was given, but we received the NTK from PCM. The timestamp on their photo evidence showed her back at the car 3 minutes after the alleged incident.

I've trawled through the other threads and links and a bit confused whether to

1) ignore until court papers come through (e.g. BMPA Insights / Parking Control Management)

or

2) start the appeal process (e.g. also via BMPA Insights, how to appeal.) I wonder if them failing at court recently will mean they get a bit weary about push-backs.

Just thinking ahead, if we use the unnamed driver approach (IPC template appeal, newbie thread), I can't use PCM's own evidence against them, as it shows the driver back at the car.

Thanks for helping me decide the first step.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    2)

ie:- ALWAYS APPEAL to the PPC, never ignore , never reveal who was driving

after that its IGNORE unless an LBC or an MCOL arrives

frankly, I cannot believe they are still sc@mming at that site

and the NEWBIES sticky thread explains all this
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    As it shows the driver, I would appeal as driver. In this case only.

This is a scam site and a driver defendant, admitting they were driving but were not given a fair chance to read the terms before predatory PCM swooped, would be a decent defence (plus a few other usual defence points). So, forget replying as keeper, for this one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I was going to link you to Parking Prankster's blogs on Heath Parade, but there are so many of them I think it best if you just do a Google search on 'Parking Prankster Heath Parade' and read them all at your leisure. They will all help you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • keekstuff
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Going ahead with appeal as driver. Re-reading newbie thread, parking prankster blog posts and the various threads here on MSE. Just wow!

I'll be back with an update when I get one from them.
  • keekstuff
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 August 2018 at 1:38AM
    Options
    Well, over a year since this first came up, we received a country court business center claim form (strangely, without receiving a Letter Before Claim, unless I misunderstood and this -IS- the letter before claim).

Lots has happened to the site since the original post (Sorry no newbie links)
    - Council has taken over the layby
    - Forum Member AmonUK / zaklondon found that PCM never had authority of the freeholder!

Assuming that I missed the boat on Practice Direction, I need to read up on best way to respond to these corut papers (previous tickets never reached this far). I will read through some threads and am now in the process drafting up a defense based on:
    - Authority of the freeholder
    - improper signage
    - grace period
    - predatory tactics.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Follow the guide to court written by bargepole that you will find in post 2 of the NEWBIES. This will take you step by step through the process.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Having received a Claim Form, the first thing you need to do is the Acknowledgement of Service as described in a dropbox file linked from that post that Fruitcake mentioned.

That will buy you an extra fourteen days to prepare your Defence.

What is the Date of Issue on your Claim Form?
  • keekstuff
    First Anniversary
    Options
    10th August. I think the first 14 days applies to 5 days after the date stated, so I will first acknowledge and gain an extra 14 days to prepare Defence.

Cheers guys!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I cannot believe that they are going to court. There is so much evidence that this is a scam.

Can you not call Mrs Sunglasses as a witness and question her on the instructions she has been given by her employers re mitigating losses.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With a Claim Issue Date of 10th August you have until Wednesday 29th August to do the AoS, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying that.

Having done the AoS you then have until 4pm on Wednesday 12th September to file your Defence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure