Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    At least it's finally weekend ;) x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,292 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Our systems at work are always going down. Every day at some stage Excel and Word are "not responding", really slows you down. I've got Windows 10 at home, work are still on 7!!! When I was a nipper, my dad was a computer consultant setting up computer systems around the country. They were the huge ones where you had to put the punched cards in.

Have a great weekend :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Mrs SA :D

Sounds like your works internal network is working very near to or over its operational capacity.
    Whenever a system starts throwing up those kinda issues it means that the servers are having to prioritise critical functions over normal work flow and so slows down or pauses on those other functions to ensure that critical functions do not stop... erm...:o if ye know what I mean...:o

Have had a good and busy wee day. Helped my wee mam with some things and I am now kicking back and relaxing for rest of the evening :D

Hope you good folks have also had a good one today
    :A
    :beer:
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    DH and I had an Amstrad as our first computer, those were the days :D

I feel ancient now :eek:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    it was all those kinda machines that started the whole thing and had us all coding and swapping games and programmes on cassettes... them were the days lol
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Theres a computer game shop next to me that has in fully working Amiga 500's and A600's there 300 plus to buy lol
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope you've had a lovely Sunday US x
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Evening folks :D

Been a good day with friends today and an NSD
    Hope your days have been good as well
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    When I was a nipper, my dad was a computer consultant setting up computer systems around the country. They were the huge ones where you had to put the punched cards in.

Have a great weekend :)

Crikey! That takes me back! My very first job when I was sixteen was actually punching out the cards to feed into the computer. I would just punch in numbers from pages of numeric gobbledegook! Never, ever had a clue as to what it meant!:rotfl:

Have a good day Uncanny.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    What a day!

Still no network. Myself and colleagues are now using external hard-drives to store our collected data... apparently it is a glitch in the servers... somewhere...

When we do finally get access to the network, there will be a massive data dump required to upload all the collected data from the team into the system. This will need to be done station by station to avoid overload and potential loss/corruption of the data from the projects...

I got home from work to find that some dirty lowlife scumbag b*****d had peed in our close...
    In my block we're 50/50 OAPs and working folks... the OAPs hardly leave their flats and of those of us who work I'm the only one on standard office hours, the rest are on shifts. So, I had to mop out the close to get rid of the smell...
    If I ever catch them, then being "caught short" will be the bloody least of their problems...:mad::mad::mad:

On the upside, it has been an NSD today, the next new episode of TWD is on tonight and a mate has given me NARCOS season one to watch :D

I have added the hops to my IPA brew... oh, the smell is heavenly... will be bottling off on Thursday and then conditioning for a month :D
    Next planned brew is the Wilko stout that my mate gave me...

Christmas cake mixed fruit is doing grand... I may bake the cakes at the weekend rather than waiting much longer :D

Tonight, I will be having a couple of brews and watching my shows.

Hope you all had good ones today folks
    :beer:
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure