PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th April 2017

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    LW well done.

LynneJK, please take it easy, you sit on the sofa, and wave at us. x

More decluttering done
    Recycle bin is getting full.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Wow Lynne - hope your recovery is smooth. You are officially a resting flylady...follow your plan (from the hospital) to the letter. take care!

Am marking test papers...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 April 2017 at 11:56PM
    Welcome back Mrs MP! You have been missed. I hope you have a lovely day off.

*Healing vibes* Lynne, you were missed too. Terrifying for you. I hope you can take it easy for as long as you need to before you have to start being busy again.

Valli (((hugs))). It won't help to be told that with all that sugar in the OOD Thorntons would be absolutely fine so they shouldn't leave a nasty taste in the mouth. Having said that, and there's no excuse for bad manners, he must be in a lot of pain to be such a pain and yet still need to turn up at a family gathering. Lots of mixed messages going on there, aren't there?

Dizzy, things sound very wearing, emotionally and physically. I'm really glad you know what the problem is so that you can take action yourself, rather than waiting for your DH to be and do something he's unable to at the moment. Is he depressed?

I've done my spice cupboard and chucked everything that was OOD. I'm not going to rush out and restock them until I need them, either. Front step pots have had their potfeet removed, saucers replaced and been watered. Bird bath thing cobbled together because we've had one shower in three weeks and everything is as dry as a bone here and everything's building nests. Sitting room and dining room dsyoned, finally, as I've worked out why it wasn't picking up yesterday - grr. Kelpie brushed for an hour - he's moulting and should have gone to the groomer about 10 days ago, and it'll be 10 days before his next appointment so he's shedding everywhere and dags form all over him because of his thick undercoat. Shower room sparkled for lodger's arrival - thank goodness I did, because she arrived two hours early. :eek: Kitchen is sort of sparkled, it's certainly tidier. Freezer stockcheck finished and I've meal planned through to the end of May. Triple choc chip cookies baked, so I'm just about to do a bit of quality control, along with a cuppa. I might even take OH one too because he's fixed the dehumidifier that's been hanging around for a fortnight in the dining room waiting for his attention.

Now for the fun part with the spices - putting them on a spreadsheet.
    Better is good enough.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lynne how scary, lots of rest.

Done mainly gardening today and pleased how much we got done, although plenty to do.
    1 load washing done, hung out, dry
    1 load through DW

Found an occupied robin's nest in one of our nest boxes. We have blue tits in another. Not sure where the fairies are. Found a few blackbird egg shells round the place to.

Bit of uni work now.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lynne, do as the other flyladies have said and just cheer us on from the sofa.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lynne take care of yourself.

Narc0lepsy it sounds like you will have a wonderful time watching birds all summer. I'm jealous.

Lots of bits done today. A huge vat of Arrabiatta sauce made for freezing. Now I just have to clean the kitchen, empty and reload the DW and WM. Pack for tomorrow, and resist the temptation of chocolate eggs.:D

LW well done on the grass cutting and deadheading.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you for the list Valli, and Natty for last week,especially with everything that you're coping with. ((Hugs)). I'm ashamed to say that I didn't manage a single bit of it. But we did have a nice lunch / afternoon with DSis, her DH and my niece and nephew. We don't see each other that often so lots of catching up done.

Lynne - definitely cheer from the sidelines. What a scare.

Dizzy - big squishy hugs. I know I'm too far away to be of any help, so lots of virtual support coming your way.

Hugs to anyone else who needs them -sorry if I've missed anyone. Oh yes - YL, have a lovely few days off. You certainly deserve a break.
    I'm off to make what has to be an achievable list for this week, as I have a few days off and seem to spend my time waiting for others to decide what going to be done next.....watch this space ( famous last words!) x
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Tripe choc chip cookies baked,

Eeeewwwww! _pale_:rotfl: I am hoping this is a typo!

I have finally dug the entire bed that I have been working on all weekend :j I have been taking out every single little piece of grass and bindweed, and the roots. DH did help yesterday, but he just turned it over (took about 15 minutes), but I have had to re-do all the bits he did. I can't complain though, otherwise he won't 'help' anymore!

I have made a huge list of what I need to do this week, and crossed a few little things off like a meal plan for the littlies and getting rid of the newspapers. Tonight I might try and do some accounts, or maybe some tapestry, while watching TV.

Back to work tomorrow, so all the car seats are in the car ready. The dining table needs to have the extension taken out and put back towards the edge of the DR to make way for the many boxes of toys that will be tipped all over the floor! Roll on Friday!!

Lynne look after yourself as others have said
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oooo Lynne gentle hugs for you, how frightening! Sofa support only, until further notice! Strict instructions to NOT FLY!

Well I've got the wee ones in bed, book bags, pe bags and butties ready for morning. I've a spot of washing and tidying to do, but I did insist they put away all the teds they got out earlier.

Need to head to a supermarket tomorrow... Yuck. Normally do online but I haven't booked one. Ah well.

Can't think of anything else I need to do right now. Maybe out the kettle on :D
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Lynne I agree - flylady sofa for you mi-lady and rest. Hope you feel better soon.

Have had a lovely weekend but the prospect of returning to "normal life" is making me feel very down.

Need to do both paid jobs tomorrow, should try and fit in the gym somewhere and the kitchen does need some attention. Just been doing some household admin, sorting some clean washing and packing bags for tomorrow. Oh, and I need to mealplan.

Catch up with you all tomorrow x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport