TOTO Energy Very Cheap Energy . .

Options

Comments

• serenity2012
    serenity2012 Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Based in Brighton? They have been knocking on doors in my street in Plymouth pretending to be the company that is going to put in smart meters in all homes. Tried to get a foot in my door that way. I called EDF and asked and they said in no way were they asked to do this and it turns out they are using this fraudulent statement to sneakily try and switch you. They told me they were responsible for putting the smart meters in our homes. Turns out that was a blatant lie. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • Helen2k8
    Helen2k8 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    Based in Brighton? They have been knocking on doors in my street in Plymouth pretending to be the company that is going to put in smart meters in all homes. Tried to get a foot in my door that way. I called EDF and asked and they said in no way were they asked to do this and it turns out they are using this fraudulent statement to sneakily try and switch you. They told me they were responsible for putting the smart meters in our homes. Turns out that was a blatant lie. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

They are doing this up north now too.
  • Michaelw
    Michaelw Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options

There has been complaints about people being switched to them unwittingly.

I was with them for a short period of time but trying to get through on the phone was near/or impossible but that appears common for new small suppilers.There is a call back option but they either never rang back or some considerable later.Sometimes they souded rude another complait mentioned.

It might be different now and everyones experience differs.
  • fe71
    fe71 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I joined Toto in April, my DD was due to in May. They didnt claim it for 3 months and then sent me emails asking for the full missing payments. They blamed the signing up site for not providing the full DD details but surely they should have seen they had no money coming in for 3 mths! I've been trying for 3 weeks to resolve this issue but not had the best of service over the phone and my email to the company has been ignored. I then was asked to submit my readings online and it wouldnt take my gas reading as its stated it was lower than the previous one! Not happy with this company and will have to pay £20 to leave them from their inadequate customer service.
  • boardster
    Options
    Joined April too, never sent my gas meter reading to Ovo so a disputed reading which they still haven't resolved.

Every time contact them it's been escalated and being investigated but still nothing happens.
    £20 sounding like a bargain could be out by Christmas :-)
  • mr_accountant
    Options
    My experience of Toto energy

Signed up for switch on 12/5/17

Rang up a couple of days before to check all OK for the switch, and found they had the wrong bank sort code ( I checked all details before submitting form)

Still no bills, almost 4 months later, despite sending monthly meter readings

Average time before phone answered: 30-45 mins

Tried email, second one to complaints@totoenergy.com, still waiting for a reply on either

Website designed by a 5-year old, maybe that’s being unkind to a 5 year old!

Online meter readings don’t work

Still not received cashback because Toto energy have not confirmed switch is complete to CEC

Not recommended, no correct systems in place and very understaffed
  • weby72
    weby72 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The tariff showing on the MSE Energy Club doesn't seem to apply now when you go to the Toto site.

Electricity gone up from 11p/kWh (price quoted on the MSE EC site) to 14.21p/kWh

That isn't cheap at all, so the drawbridge must have been pulled up
  • blueincubus
    Options
    weby72 wrote: »
    The tariff showing on the MSE Energy Club doesn't seem to apply now when you go to the Toto site.

Electricity gone up from 11p/kWh (price quoted on the MSE EC site) to 14.21p/kWh

That isn't cheap at all, so the drawbridge must have been pulled up

The tarrif is available, but it's hidden on their site, I think they must be hoping people accidentally sign up to the more expensive ones. You need to call them directly to access the cheaper tarrif and ask for it specifically.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The tarrif is available, but it's hidden on their site, I think they must be hoping people accidentally sign up to the more expensive ones. You need to call them directly to access the cheaper tarrif and ask for it specifically.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73110331&postcount=4
  • They came to my door and told multiple lies.

Cannot contact the company and they seem to have 100's of complaints online.

The Trust Pilot reviews seem to have been written by the company themselves, I think that says it all.

Please avoid them and go with any other. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport