TOTO Energy Very Cheap Energy . .

Options
Maxwell007
Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
edited 13 December 2017 at 1:21PM in Energy
MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Hi everyone

Forumites are also reviewing Toto Energy on our dedicated discussion thread. Join in there:

Back to Maxwell007's original post...

---

TOTO Energy entered the UK energy market in 2016. They are a small gas and electricity supplier based in Brighton. As a new supplier, TOTO Energy was not included in our most recent independent YouGov survey so don't have a customer satisfaction rating.

Direct debit payments will be increased by 20% in winter months (October to March) to cover increased usage but this doesn’t change your overall yearly costs

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They are so cheap that I couldn't find their website to get a quote.
  • System
    Options
    Scrounger wrote: »

Thanks - they must be new as the site is not picked up by search engines. There seems to be no way of getting a quote based on an annual projection. It might be because I was reluctant to go past the opening page which stated ' I WANT THIS TARIFF.' - along with an e-mail address.
  • SammenForLivet2
    Options
    Can't say that I'm that impressed by the tariffs they have on offer...
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Thanks - they must be new as the site is not picked up by search engines. There seems to be no way of getting a quote based on an annual projection. It might be because I was reluctant to go past the opening page which stated ' I WANT THIS TARIFF.' - along with an e-mail address.

Agree they only have quotes for low, medium or high useage. But I selected medium and the next step showed their tariff costs,together with standing charge.No need to click on I want this tarrif.

Using my own useage figures they worked out at £45 more than the Iresa estimate. Also the Toto was for a variable tarrif, not a 1 year fix ,like Iresa.

Iresa seems to be favourite at the moment, despite my previous reservations.
  • jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Agree they only have quotes for low, medium or high useage. But I selected medium and the next step showed their tariff costs,together with standing charge.No need to click on I want this tarrif.

Using my own useage figures they worked out at £45 more than the Iresa estimate. Also the Toto was for a variable tarrif, not a 1 year fix ,like Iresa.

Iresa seems to be favourite at the moment, despite my previous reservations.

I'm happy with the pricing from Iresa and so far the very limited communication emails seem straight forward to understand. The proof of the pudding though is going to be the switch and their ongoing billing service - I'm hopeful, nothing more.

If E.on finish their ridiculous experimenting with their weird tariff testing and get back to basics, with an improvement on v21 I would still stay, but my v19 finishes 26th Jan so time is ticking and I had to start Iresa going.

Good luck with deliberations!
  • System
    Options
    [QUOTE=jlfan;71875404 but my v19 finishes 26th Jan so time is ticking and I had to start Iresa going.

![/QUOTE]

You do indeed. If you switched to Iresa today then it will take no action until the 21st - and this includes informing your present supplier that you are leaving. If notification is not received before the end of your fixed term contract then you will default to the SVR pending the switch gong through.
  • :T :j

check out their website today.

Maxwell007 wrote: »
    TOTO Energy entered the UK energy market in 2016. They are a small gas and electricity supplier based in Brighton. As a new supplier, TOTO Energy was not included in our most recent independent YouGov survey so don't have a customer satisfaction rating.

Direct debit payments will be increased by 20% in winter months (October to March) to cover increased usage but this doesn’t change your overall yearly costs
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting that OP is called BrightonBargains and Toto is based in Brighton.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Maxwell007
    Options
    Robin9 wrote: »
    Interesting that OP is called BrightonBargains and Toto is based in Brighton.

LOOL at the above . . .

Tonik Positive Energy v2 is cheaper and with no exit free . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure