Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• indiepanda
    Options
    Good afternoon all. Starting to feel very spring like here, bulbs coming up, blue skies, noticeably warmer, all good. :-)

I had a cold / cough last week that led to me cutting short my hiking trip - hiked one day and came home on the Sunday morning. I think it was the right call, I was feeling tired and the mud was making the going tough.

Took it quite easy during the week and seem to have thrown off the cold quicker than usual, am thinking this is probably the benefit of the improved diet as sometimes when I get a bit of a cough it can last for weeks and I sound like a seasoned smoker with bronchitis (I have never smoked).

Anyway, I had to do my first set of stats for the plan I am following and in the first four weeks I've lost 12 pounds and 9cm off my waist (much less off my hips, but that's fine as it's the weight around the waist which is most dangerous to health). This gets me back to where I was when I came back from my last juice detox in Turkey, but it feels better to know I can do it whilst eating proper meals - this is more sustainable.

Am getting used to preparing my own food and haven't had an alcoholic drink for 5 weeks now. Don't think I will go tea total forever, but I am not finding I miss it much and it makes sticking to a healthy eating regime so much easier. Yesterday I went out for a Sunday roast at the pub with friends, and I know if I had been drinking I would have started thinking about having dessert and then ended up having take out in the evening. Whereas being sober I came home after three hours while they carried on drinking, finished making my soup for the week and had some trout and various vegetables for dinner. And in many respects it feels easier with some friends to say I am not drinking at all than not drinking much - once you have one it's easy to get nagged into more.

Need to step up the exercise next but planning on quite a bit of dancing this week as have my regular class, a Sunday workshop and have persuaded a friend who used to dance to come out to a class on another night. Just want to add a couple of weights sessions and get away from my desk for a while at lunchtime for a walk or walk part way home and then I will be nailing this. The fact it's a bit warmer makes it more appealing to go out for a walk.

The healthy diet is definitely improving my energy levels - getting on with chores like cleaning all my hiking kit now rather than having a last minute panic or not bothering before my next trip. Starting to feel like I am getting in control of my life - well, at least the bits one can control anyway.

Have a fab week all x
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello lovely Ladies.....

Thanks for all your support again,I feel much better today. More like my old self. I'm keeping my distance and my own counsel and I feel calmer, sleeping better.

Indie. You sound very positive, glad to hear that the healthy eating is paying dividends and well done on the weight loss.

And yes doesn't it feel good to be back in control. I lost it for a week or so there, fell off the wagon but I'm back in the game now.

I went to Physio this morning then had a lovely mooch. Went to Wilkos and did a stock of up on basics such as deodorant, toothpaste, hair removing cream etc. etc but also bought a few bits to try, some face masks. Etc. So going to go into full pamper mode.

I have been trying out some new anti wrinkle creams. Really like the Kiko CC one. The DIL said "what have you been doing, have you had Botox, your skin looks so good". :D. Result!!!

Had a little mooch round the chazzers. Bought two chiffon tops, great cover ups to go over a swimming cozzie or could be worn with a little camisole top. Perfect for my next cruise. :rotfl: also bought a pretty Phase 8 floaty silk dress. A bit small at the moment but hey it won't be soon right:rotfl: It was only £5 and if I say so myself it's gorgeous.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T on the weightloss indie. That's so motivating to carry on with the healthy eating.

Good buys today LL, especially in the CS. It's always worth a look. Is the CC cream mail order? Can you post a link?

I tried my brush for the first time this morning suki. It's very gentle. The part for cheeks I could hardly feel at all but the part for the T zone is a tiny bit harsher. I've decided to use it daily and keep using the scrub on days I wash my hair and sometime next month I'll have another facial. So attacking on all fronts!:D

We're out to dinner later. It's a bit of a gastropub. I've decided to wear my long, silky green skirt with a matching jumper to dress the skirt down a bit. I've had my hair cut today and I'm pleased with it. I always try to fit in hair appointments when I'm going somewhere to make the most of the blow dry. I'll take some time over my make up too. I did buy the Rimmel eyebrow powder but haven't tried it yet and I don't think tonight's the time to start!:rotfl:
  • Pinkpetal
    Options
    LessonLearned I have just read the other thread and wanted to send you a massive hug ((((((((((((((((X))))))))))))))))
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Hello lovely Ladies.....

Thanks for all your support again,I feel much better today. More like my old self. I'm keeping my distance and my own counsel and I feel calmer, sleeping better.

And yes doesn't it feel good to be back in control. I lost it for a week or so there, fell off the wagon but I'm back in the game now.

Glad to hear you are feeling much more yourself, not at all surprised you've fell off the wagon with all you've had to deal with. I often fall off the wagon for no better reason than being a bit busy at work. Your situation with your dad and then sister is far more stressful than that - think you've made the right call to keep your distance from her.
    maman wrote: »
    :T on the weightloss indie. That's so motivating to carry on with the healthy eating.

I've had my hair cut today and I'm pleased with it. I always try to fit in hair appointments when I'm going somewhere to make the most of the blow dry. :

Yes, definitely, am determined to keep this up and succeed this time. It's getting on for 20 years since I was last happy with my body and I've compromised myself in so many ways during that time - putting off dating, not being able to wear the most fashionable clothes, not having enough energy... No more!

I know what you mean about getting your hair done - I feel so guilty on the times when my hairdresser asks me what my plans are for the evening and I have to say that I have none! Seems such a waste as he always makes me feel a million dollars - I can't quite replicate his blow dry at home.
  • lessonlearned
    edited 20 February 2017 at 10:13PM
    Options
    MAman.....it's called https://www.kikocosmetics.com. The cream is called Skin trainer CC blur, in red packaging. I might try the serum.
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    MAman.....it's called https://www.kikocosmetics.com. The cream is called Skin trainer CC blur, in red packaging. I might try the serum.

I heard so much good stuff about kiko that i am inspired to re visit them and buy more after years.

It was inspiring how you over came the difficulties with your sister. It is more the pity, she fails to understand the value of your emotional support and friendship as a sister. Oh, how she will regret her meanness and extreme misjudgment. The value of independence and dignity are more valuable than a tainted bequest.

Today i bought a new brush to do a curly blow dry from the wet brush company, called the hot brush. It is so amazing it does not tangle hair. I am looking forward to doing a hot roller and blow dry as it will not need a shears to be taken to the tangles.

I have been wearing make up everyday since the start of the month and taking care of my skin, i think it is improving. I am daily making an effort to look better to feel better.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning ladies

I'm up with the larks this morning.....will probably need a nap later.:rotfl: but it feels good to be awake and alert and for once actually feeling refreshed rather than half dead and exhausted.

We actually have a Kiko store here. I think I might ask them if they do makeovers. Even if they don't their staff are very helpful and their product knowledge is good.

I know it's probably my age but there is such a vast array of products out there now I'm not quite sure what some of them actually do. There's a lot of good science what with nanotechnology and lots of new ingredients. So I'm going to see what there is. I feel a bit behind the times.

I looked at their website last night and they do seem to have some great products.My friend has three daughters and they all love them.

What I really want is a "facelift in a jar". :rotfl:

Have a friend coming round today bringing her laptop for DS2 to sort out. He's off today.

What would we old dinosaurs do without our young people to sort out our tech. I really must do a course.!!! I don't know how half of my stuff works.

SFT. Well done on sticking to the skin care routine, good to see you are happy with the results. It's true persistence really does pay off.

As I mentioned yesterday I did rather fall of the wagon. In fact I haven't really taken good care of myself since dad was diagnosed at the end of November. Just too many demands on my time and if I'm honest feeling overwhelmed by everything and rather demoralised at times.

My sister has been the final straw after what was has been 11 years of illness and death, stress and heartache, near bankruptcy but that's it, I'm drawing a line.

I'm not perfect but I think I have behaved well, despite extreme provocation and like so many of you have said I feel I can hold my head up. I have stood on my own two feet and behaved with grace and dignity.

I don't think I could have done any more so I am not going to torture myself. I won't cut my sister out of my life Or cease communicating with her but our relationship will never be the same, some hurts just go too deep.

I hate to say it but she is a fool. She has always been needy and I have always been protective towards her - too protective perhaps. But now I have a new mantra which I will repeat to myself until it becomes firmly embedded in my psyche.

"I am not responsible for my sister". :rotfl:

I cannot tell you how relieved I feel now that I am finally relinquishing my role as "little mother"....,,,,it was a heavy burden that my parents placed on my young shoulders when I was no more than a girl myself.

Well I have finally woken up and smelt the coffee as they say. I have laid my burden down and I am finally free.

It feels good. If the price I pay is that I don't have a close relationship with my sister then so be it, it's a price worth paying.

"Its new dawn, a new day".....and I really am feeling good.

Finally, at last.

Hallelujah and Amen. :D
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done LL.

sugar your big day is today isn't it? I have set my Sky+ to record you.

I'm off with the children tomorrow and plan on taking them to a softplay - I'll treat myself to a cuppa and good book while the children are playing.
    In terms of healthy eating, I've fallen off the wagon and put on the 1.5lbs that I lost. I'm going to make more of an effort now with recording what I eat, even if its bad. I've got what I thought was a healthy lunch today, but when I calculated the WW points, it was actually quite high. I'm going to collate a list of good breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks so that I have them to hand, plus, stock up on healthy food at home.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Chanie thanks for the reminder about Sugars TV debut.
    Does anyone know whatthe name of the programme, time and channel.

I would sooooo hate to miss it.

Just had a lovely long soak in the bath and a nice little pamper. Ready to start the day.

It was glorious earlier but has clouded over now so don't know what it's going to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure