Sky Live Chat - is it just me who can't get on it!?

Options
Apologies this is a bit of a rant but I have some questions that others who've had similar experiences might be able to answer!

I decided to call Sky in the hope of negotiating a better deal (Current one expires early jan 2017) based on some of what I have read on here. The advisor was rude, unhelpful, disinterested, caused me of lying when quoting some of the deals mentioned on here and hung up on me mid sentence.

I called back today to make a complaint as I felt the treatment I got was shocking. The very friendly advisor with whom I spoke today said that all the best deals are via Sky Online/Live Chat and that the phone advisors cannot match them.

So I thought I'll do a Live Chat today and see if they have another option before I switch - been trying since 8:30 and have not managed to get on!

I also have an e-mail offering me a better deal than I have been offered on the phone - when I click to take that deal it says I need to Live Chat!!!!

Is it just me who cannot get on there? Or is it known to be a poor resource?

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I could never get onto Sky's online chat, but hate all the typing (Often having to repeat something , as the person misunderstood), so always phoned.

As you haven't actually cancelled and are still in minimum term, you will not get the very good deals. In fact these come when you cancel and mean it. (I'd left and was sorting out our Humax box, when someone on here mentioned a new deal, which I found I'd been given).

I've never had a rude Sky call centre person and there is no excuse for being rude (though some are sorely tried by some customers), but if you insisted that people in your position (ie not having cancelled)were getting the 75% off deal, then they may have thought you were accusing them of lying and so retaliated,being tired after a long busy shift.
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I could never get onto Sky's online chat, but hate all the typing (Often having to repeat something , as the person misunderstood), so always phoned.

As you haven't actually cancelled and are still in minimum term, you will not get the very good deals. In fact these come when you cancel and mean it. (I'd left and was sorting out our Humax box, when someone on here mentioned a new deal, which I found I'd been given).

I've never had a rude Sky call centre person and there is no excuse for being rude (though some are sorely tried by some customers), but if you insisted that people in your position (ie not having cancelled)were getting the 75% off deal, then they may have thought you were accusing them of lying and so retaliated,being tired after a long busy shift.

I 100% understand they can get tested but I was being very nice, honest! The deals I was referring to were the 60% off TV deal that Sky themselves had e-mailed me before cancelling which he insisted was not an option (and I can't sort it out via live Chat either!).....

The other was a deal my neighbour had been put on which was all the same services as I currently have but for about 40% of the cost which again he said wasn't an option due to my location....

Just called today again re: Broadband and Phone deal and got very nice staff but their 'deal' was about twice as much as another provider.

Again these staff advised me that if I were to contact via Live Chat I'd get a better deal on there but that's not working at all for me!

So looks like I will be going from all SKY package to nothing at all from them, as will my parents who pay full price for every TV option plus phone/broadband.
  • misterbarlow
    Options
    I did live chat last year, left it running while did other things, took THREE HOURS to get online with someone... I moaned about cost and deals from virgin etc, at the end I had half price tv for 9 months, half price line rental for 9 months, free fibre upgrade activation and half price fibre for a year, on one year renewal.

This recently ran out and tried live chat again last week. All they offered me was 25% off line rental and tv for 6 months.. nowhere near as good...

Still considering my options, whether to move to virgin and all the hassle that ensues, or just take em up on it...?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Options
    I did live chat last year, left it running while did other things, took THREE HOURS to get online with someone... I moaned about cost and deals from virgin etc, at the end I had half price tv for 9 months, half price line rental for 9 months, free fibre upgrade activation and half price fibre for a year, on one year renewal.

This recently ran out and tried live chat again last week. All they offered me was 25% off line rental and tv for 6 months.. nowhere near as good...

Still considering my options, whether to move to virgin and all the hassle that ensues, or just take em up on it...?

I wish I had been connected in 3 hours - probably spent 7 / 8 hours now being unsuccessful!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've found that I get on chat quickly first thing in the morning ie 8am

Re rude CSAs - happened once on the phone when he talked over me for the entire conversation -but generally they are fine.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I 100% understand they can get tested but I was being very nice, honest! The deals I was referring to were the 60% off TV deal that Sky themselves had e-mailed me before cancelling which he insisted was not an option (and I can't sort it out via live Chat either!).....

The other was a deal my neighbour had been put on which was all the same services as I currently have but for about 40% of the cost which again he said wasn't an option due to my location....

Just called today again re: Broadband and Phone deal and got very nice staff but their 'deal' was about twice as much as another provider.

Again these staff advised me that if I were to contact via Live Chat I'd get a better deal on there but that's not working at all for me!

So looks like I will be going from all SKY package to nothing at all from them, as will my parents who pay full price for every TV option plus phone/broadband.
    There was a problem with the 60%. A number of us were offered it, given only a few days to accept, but some reported that when they tried to accept, they were told the offer had been an error.

There is nothing to lose by cancelling and letting tv go off, as that's the way to get your best offer. (may not be as much as 75% discount, now, as they said it would end sometime this month).

I've a feeling that phone/internet offers will not be as straightforward ,now we have the combined price, as they can't offer free broad band or half price line; just a percentage discount. (Free broadband or free line would have been unaffected by any price rise).

I went to PlusNet who were offering a better deal than Sky (though there will be a cease charge to leave for another LLU), but notice that their new deals mean that fibre is only a small amount dearer than ADSL (fine, if you actually can receive the former).
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Options
    I can actually only receive ADSL, no Fibre here. Sky actually charge more for my package than they do for Fibre which doesn't seem to make sense!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    There was a problem with the 60%. A number of us were offered it, given only a few days to accept, but some reported that when they tried to accept, they were told the offer had been an error.

I've a feeling that phone/internet offers will not be as straightforward ,now we have the combined price, as they can't offer free broad band or half price line; just a percentage discount. (Free broadband or free line would have been unaffected by any price rise).

The 50% offer via the Sky Service app I received after cancelling this week expired on the 29th of Sept 2016 according to the T&C's.
    Inept at best, although the live chat guy immediately jumped to 60% without being asked anyway.

Not true about the broadband/line rental btw as I've now got free ADSL with full line rental.

This was all with at least 6 weeks to go until cancellation.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Live chat is definitely the way to go, I got 55% package discount against 15% on the phone.

It can take awhile but be patient and just keep refreshing the page and clicking the 'live chat' button.
  • skea56
    skea56 Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Newshound!
    Options
    I do live chat at work - mobile service is terrible at home so it means I can go on ahead with my work whilst checking on the window in the corner - plus its good to have a written record of exactly what is being offered so they can't come back and deny it later on.

During a recent discussion to TT, once I eventually got through to someone, the conversation last forever - I mean simple questions such as confirming name/address/numbers etc took approx 2-3 mins to be responded to by the advisor. After taking almost 20 mins to even get to the crux of the problem as each answer from me took so long to be responded to, when I asked what was the extreme delay about he said because of the high call volumes his system was working extremely slow and apologised.

However the discussion became increasingly confusing as the advisor was giving out conflicting details - offering a particular package and then coming back almost immediately to say it wasnt available in my area. It evenutally conspired he was having multiple conversations with different customers and therefore that was the real reason for the delay in responding.

This was Talk Talk but I would assume it is the same for most companies.

In theory its a great idea, but poorly executed in my opinion

sk56
    Savings: £2 Jar: £804/£1000
    Debts: Santander 1211.12/1780.47 (32% Paid) Total Debt Paid Off £12871.66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business