🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sky Live Chat - is it just me who can't get on it!?

Options
2»

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Assuming Talk Talk are the same as Sky is a bit like saying Poundshop are the same as Waitrose. Two different companies with completely different attitudes.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I can actually only receive ADSL, no Fibre here. Sky actually charge more for my package than they do for Fibre which doesn't seem to make sense!

You're rural I assume and on a very old exchange type. Openreach charge the companies more for these. Most people in your situation jump onto Fibre as soon as it arrives in the area.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    skea56 wrote: »
    I do live chat at work - mobile service is terrible at home so it means I can go on ahead with my work whilst checking on the window in the corner - plus its good to have a written record of exactly what is being offered so they can't come back and deny it later on.

During a recent discussion to TT, once I eventually got through to someone, the conversation last forever - I mean simple questions such as confirming name/address/numbers etc took approx 2-3 mins to be responded to by the advisor. After taking almost 20 mins to even get to the crux of the problem as each answer from me took so long to be responded to, when I asked what was the extreme delay about he said because of the high call volumes his system was working extremely slow and apologised.

However the discussion became increasingly confusing as the advisor was giving out conflicting details - offering a particular package and then coming back almost immediately to say it wasnt available in my area. It evenutally conspired he was having multiple conversations with different customers and therefore that was the real reason for the delay in responding.

This was Talk Talk but I would assume it is the same for most companies.

In theory its a great idea, but poorly executed in my opinion

sk56

Never tried Talktalk but that's certainly not the way Sky work it, probably why it takes a while to get connected at times as they have to finish with their current customer.
  • MrsWenger
    Options
    Been on live chat with Sky twice today. Does take longer than a call but I like to copy and paste the discussion into a Word document for reference just in case I need to use it as proof of agreed deal.
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Options
    Just by way of an update I got on Sky Live Chat today - only took about 4 weeks of trying and then they were not very helpful anyway....
  • Keith99
    Keith99 Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always find if you go to the new customer one, it soon lets you chat with some one then they transfer you to the right area...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Keith99 wrote: »
    I always find if you go to the new customer one, it soon lets you chat with some one then they transfer you to the right area...

Yes, I've occasionally 'accidently' clicked on the wrong option. If you choose 'upgrade' (I think) you get through quicker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport