Affect Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Options
MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 7 September 2017 at 4:17PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Affect Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Switched over on the 10th July. Good, clear welcome pack by email, switch went without a hitch, Direct Debit taken on the right day.

Haven't had a bill yet, but so far everything has gone really well.
  • MN02
    Options
    Hi Hazzanet

I'm considering moving to these people and wondering how things look after a few weeks?

Thanks
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Downloaded my second bill yesterday. Asked them to move my direct debit and my email was answered and done within 24 hours.

Overall very impressed and no problems at all.
  • ShirlMc
    Options
    I have just switched to Affect Energy from Eon. My monthly payments are now less than what I am currently paying. I received a Welcome Pack within minutes of signing up. Will update as to how things go as I found all reviews very useful in making my decision who to switch to.
  • wideboy58
    Options
    Well just made the switch, first I have ever done and totally shocked at the savings I am making, so much so,:T that I had to check it several times and compare several times before I hit the button.,

I have checked everything a million times and am confident that my inputs for usage are accurate and looks as if I am going to save around £600 a year. I have been with the same supplier for more years than I care to remember so I only have myself to blame for not making the change and the savings sooner.

The switch was very straight forward and received the welcome pack within a couple of minutes. The company are very local to me and not one of the big six which is nice as I am supporting a new independant and a local business. Thank you MSE for giving me the confidence in making the move although not a company that you can do your ongoing monitoring of.

Lets hope they can now deliver I will keep you informed.
  • zseesz
    Options
    Switched my electric to Affect about 3 mths ago to fixed saver June 17. All went smoothly and quickly. V nice website. All good. I moved only my electric due to their gas price not being the best. Went to the dreadful npower for my gas. At that time was a lot cheaper to split. I like to , if necessary, change suppliers in both March and September, as some are better for high usage and vice versa. In March you put in a low figure on the comparison site and September a high one. checking dual, gas and electric separately. You could get lots of extra cashbacks that way too! Always be aware of exit fees. Bit extra work but not more than 2 hrs. Hope this helps
  • tecstar
    tecstar Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just switched from Ovo to Affect. Very happy with Ovo's service but switching due to cost. I'll post back with updates.
  • Chrishazle
    Options
    Not yet decided to switch to them, but phoned CS to enquire about E7 meter and single rate supply, excellent CS, gave them my MPAN and got instant confirmation of the meter and that they could supply. Just waiting to see what the Petrolprices.com switch comes up with, but fairly certain I'll be starting the switch to Affect within the next couple of days.
  • Peter_O
    Options
    I'm very impressed with Affect Energy

I decided to switch to Affect Energy last autumn when energy prices were being hiked and the best deals were vanishing thick and fast. I managed to get Affect Energy's highly competitive Fixed Saver (October 2017) dual fuel tariff just before it was pulled - six months on and it's still more than £100 cheaper than the best fixed gas & electricity deals currently available.

The switch to Affect was handled very competently and communication with the supplier was excellent throughout. Other plus points: Affect's website features pared back simplicity (nice) and the monthly energy statements are clear and well presented. Customer service is really good too. Don't be put off by the fact that this supplier is a relatively new player in the energy market. So far, so good. If competitive deals return, I would thoroughly recommend Affect Energy (five stars).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Switching to them on 10th March. Received the welcome pack quickly. Cannot comment anymore because in the cooling off period so not a lot happening at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure