The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You deserve all of those things Parsnip and you can make them happen.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You can do it xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Well done you. Look at your emergency fund. It shows that when you put your mind to something, you can achieve it. Just invite us all to the celebration party in your mended and decluttered home in October!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AN UPDATE AND CONCLUTIONS

This may be a long post. Just me pondering on what I have achieved/planned to achieve.

Anyway earlier this month I decided to hit the emergency fund and debt as hard as I can, with the crazy possibility of paying off all my debt and having an emergency fund before I return to work on 21st August. It's been up and down so far. My list is barely touched due to the amount of sewing work to do. This is good but I feel frustrated about the state of the house still. I'm planning to spend time in the hall today so that I can stain it after DS goes to bed tonight.

The debt is plodding along. I have paid slightly more than the minimum which is not what I wanted but it's in the right direction. Also when I have more money in at the end of this week off the debt it will go. Lots more work to do here though.

The emergency fund is now at £500. :j I do plan to increase this up to the full £1000 over the next couple of months but I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with this.:D

I have four more weeks to continue to try and hit my target or make as big a dent as I can. :T

Now the conclutions part relates to a book I have been reading lately. I can remember the title or author of the top of my head but one particular part of it rang true yesterday. She talked about when she wanted a car. She had looked at a sensible and affordable Honda or a sporty Audi convertible. She test drove them both and new the Honda was the right choice but REALLY, REALLY wanted the Audi. Anyway she brought the Audi. Then she said she became proactive In finding ways to make money to pay it of and that if she had the Honda she would have just plodded along and not found that motivation. What came to mind with me is EXPECTATION. I'm in the mindset often that I will always be skint and never have the nice things I want. My head says I shouldn't have them because I can't afford them and I have no right to them. If I expect to be skint I will be but if I expect more I will find ways to achieve what I want.

IM NOT GOING TO GO ON A SPENDING SPREE BY THE WAY. ;)

But what's wrong with expecting a decent standard of living and being active to go out and achieve that. You see over the past 15 yrs (that's a long time) I have cut so far I don't often have the basics. What most people would say is the bare minimum. I feel like I have spent most of my thirties and half my fourties with completely the wrong mindset. I have wondered around looking like someone who, quite frankly, is in abject poverty. Why? I'm a dress maker. Market fabric is cheap. No reason to look like a hobo.

Anyway this has also led, I believe, to me not looking after my home as well as myself. Things have broke, become tatty and unuseable and the structure is even beginning to deteriorate. I now have a leak in my bay roof. Also the tree very close to the house is looking decidedly dodgy. I dread every storm. I can't carry on like this. The roof needs fixing, the tree needs felling and the woodworm could have been treated simply months ago. I now have a bigger job to do. :mad:

I don't want to be scared any more to face these issues. I have to focus on that I deserve a better standard of living and so does my family.

So on top of the money challenge I pledge to get this whole house decluttered by my birthday in October.

Every week I will pledge to repair something, such as the door which has come of a cabinet.

I will find the money for the roof repair and tree felling.

I will have the home and life I deserve.

I'm sorry to go on but something has changed in my mind and I want to keep it there.

Look after yourselves people and find a way.

Now that is what I call a REAL light bulb moment :j May even turn into a Lighthouse and long may it shine. You go Girl. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 July 2017 at 6:30AM
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    You can do it xx

Thank you Abba
    Well done you. Look at your emergency fund. It shows that when you put your mind to something, you can achieve it. Just invite us all to the celebration party in your mended and decluttered home in October!

Thank you INOD. This place really keeps me going and reading diaries helps so much.
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Now that is what I call a REAL light bulb moment :j May even turn into a Lighthouse and long may it shine. You go Girl. X

Thank you crystal. I thinks it light bulb moment plus. I have never thrown out as much as I did yesterday.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    You deserve all of those things Parsnip and you can make them happen.

Fortune x

Thank you fortune. Your diary has inspired me a lot lately. I want a lovely home.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Morning everyone

A bitty day for me today. After taking DS to school I have shopping, boo hiss, I'm not a shopper. Then a few jobs before collecting him at 1.15pm for his summer holidays. I'm going to take him to get his shoes this afternoon. I know it's early but I would rather him grow out of them six weeks early than face the hell of clarks own millions of folks trying to get fitted. :eek: I'm a bad shopper and I don't cope well with those sorts of crowds.

I need the bin men to come ASAP, they are due about 9am, I have more stuff to get rid of. I never, ever fill my wheelie bin and its stuffed full after yesterday's fun. It's made me feel much better but I still have a lot of stuff to do. I was talking to my neighbour yesterday and she was doing the same thing. It must be something in the air.

I need to get my old baby gates together as I'm giving them to husbands niece who has just had a baby. Another two pieces of clutter out of the house on Sunday. :T

Right I need to get going. I have the teachers/ assistants gift to get in the wally trolls. They get loads of stuff so I just brought them wine. It's not exciting but I'm sure will be appreciated. DS has brought his main teacher a plant, I prefer living plants to cut flowers. That will be more stuff gone again. :j I will beat the clutter.

Today I will be successful.

Have a good day.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Sorry, me again. I'm using my diary at the moment to make plans and get things straight.

My woodworm problem is worse than I thought. :eek:. My former self would have run away and popped my head in the nearest hole in the sand. I need to deal with this properly and I feel bad for neglecting my home but I will put this right. Oh and the leaky bay to deal with. :eek::eek::eek:

So I need to focus on bringing in the money to deal with this. I will find this money and look forward to it coming to me. :A. Expectation!

I have continued to clear out today. Our broadband is being naughty and after some tests we have an engineer booked for tomorrow. Another call I faced up to. If someone visiting doesn't spur you on, what does. Another bin bag filled in the past half hour. It is a mess but not quite a Hoarders program type house, honest.

Suddenly from wanting to keep everything, I'm now wanting to completely clear out. My soon to be clutter free home is nearer than I ever thought. I'm trying to get a big pile of tip stuff together which I can take down ASAP. I don't want to make the journey unless I have a full pile.

Luckily I'm quite practical so I'm not worried about many of the jobs.

Right after a bit more waffling and motivating I'm ready to go again.

I do think I need to start my blog thing to waffle on rather than pestering on here though. My posts are getting too many. I need to cut back to one a day.

:)

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You're not pestering us on here if you were no one would reply :rotfl:

Every time I read your diary I find I want to decluttering more stuff from my house so you're defo inspiring me to get on with it xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear...I thought this place was for waffling? that's pretty much all I do on my diary!

Waffle away ,it's always nice to have something to read and inspiration to glean :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport