The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nice to see you boxofpaws. Sorry to read about DH's recent job worries.

Its been a strange old day. DS had a full on autistic meltdown this morning. It got to the point where DH lost his temper. He never loses his temper. The little bugg3r has been better this afternoon though and we have been for a ride on his motorbike and popped to the park. He rolls very fast down hills.:T I had to run to catch him.:eek::eek::eek:.

Unfortunately my clear out has come to a stop today. I need to continue tomorrow. The phone/broadband line is fixed now though, which is a positive.:)

I have decided to keep to my usual hours while on holiday by going to bed early and getting up at 5am so I can have a couple of quiet hours to myself before the midget awakes.

Scarily I have just been down the cellar. :eek: Oh my word, the junk.....and the HUGE spiders webs. I'm not scared of spiders but these webs are big.

I'm going to have to spend hour chunks of time down there for weeks to sort it out.:( Never mind once its done, its done. One problem is old CPU's. I need to find out which is the memory bit and break them up. You tube calling I think.

Anyway I must go. Night everyone.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Just curious, how many are there?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Hello INOD. I assume you mean CPU's. There are about 5, mine and DH's. Also lots of cables and screens. We have a collection point at the local tip but i want to make sure they are secure first.

A nice day today. I have been to see DH's niece's baby. She is sweet and only 5lbs. Im broody now. Never mind. I did take two unused a baby gates with me as i asked if she wanted them and she said yes.:j More stuff gone.:j:j:j Full on decluttering is getting very addictive.:D I'm in the garden with DS so I'm going to start sorting the greenhouse as I want to move it now the fence is fixed.

Im going to stain my floor tonight when DS goes to bed or i will have small footprints all over it. I have no other set plans except to potter and tidy greenhouse.

Right off I go. Have a good day all. X

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done on passing on the baby gates. Decluttering is more fun when you can see it benefits someone else directly...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you DIA. It's much easier when I see things going to a particular place, especially DS's stuff. The small space cleared is also a bonus too. :j

Today has been a log but good day. It started at 6am with 2.5 hours of sewing. Part of that time DS was about and all went smoothly. Then books were returned to the library but DS didn't get his planned haircut as the barber was closed. Oh well, tomorrow will do. Later we visited my mums and then I did some tidying in the garden. This led to me starting to remove the glass from the greenhouse which I want to move. I have just finished....phew. It's funny how when things just happen they run more smoothly. If I had planned to do this it would have been chaotic. I will drag the frame down the garden tomorrow and begin to put the glass back in. I do have some broken panels which need replacing but instead of buying new glass I'm going to swap the back panels for plywood, which I have :j:money: and use the glass where needed. :D

If DS settles quickly enough I'm going to stain the hall before bed which will give it time to dry overnight.

I have realised I'm a bit skittish when it comes to focussing on one thing, but I'm starting to see improvements in all areas so that's ok. Yes, it would be better to do one thing at a time but that not a personality trait of mine.

Moneywise no big movement. I'm waiting to get paid to be honest. I'm still trying to pay off the debt for my challenge but I'm waiting on money. It will come but I need more. ;)

Tomorrow. More sewing with Dave R@msey, more greenhouse and possibly shoe shopping and hair for DS.

Have a nice night all. Xxx

• parsniphead
    Options
    Anothersucessful day for me and I achieved three out of four things I planned.

Sewing done, DS's hair cut and greenhouse frame moved. :j the top of the garden looks huge and I have a clear view down now. :) I still need to get DS's shoes though. :eek: That's definately a job for tomorrow with the weather forecast.

One side effect of all the moving and clearing is the pile for the tip is big. I'm going to deposit DS at mums for a while this week and get it moved. Im feeling good about all the changes happening and the weight is slowly moving off my shoulders. The late nights and early mornings are taking their toll though so a few early nights needed.

Nothing happened moneywise though. I need to refocus.

Have a good night all.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Busy day planned today.

Yesterday I managed to put the back panel of glass in tbe greenhouse, so today I need to finish it first thing. It's in a much better position, I'm really happy with it.

Later i will be visiting the tip rain or not. I want the pile gone. Mind you it will soon be replaced.:eek:

This afternoon i will be returning some sewing and get paid.:)

I have loads of housework to do and will potter on with this too.

Have a good day x

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I too have so much housework to do and, I have a work meeting at 11. Bins get emptied tomorrow so the plan is to do an hour now, get showered and ready during pop master (that's multi tasking for me) and empty household bins and baskets on way out the door.
    I agree with you about sometimes just needing to get shot of stuff but hopefully it'll be dry during your run to the dump.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I hope you got all your bits done INOD. I sometimes feel I get much more done with less time to do it in. The run to the tip was successful, I had a car full and a nice clear space in the garden now.

I woke up feeling a bit low and negative today so I forced myself out of bed early and got on with a few jobs. I'm seeing this as a positive though as after this feeling as passed I know I will be feeling more proactive. I think I have just become settled and I need to be completely focussed.

My house jobs are moving on. The greenhouse is now moved and I have found a place to get cheap replacement panels. :j even the door is hanging where it should be now. The vegetable part of the garden is more zoned now and I think will work better for me. The big clear out is still continuing, for the second week running I have put out a very full wheelie bin. Again there is still a lot of work to be done but spaces are appearing. I have been doing a list of needs and wants regarding the house which I may put up later. I need to start planning savings to get work done on the needs.

This afternoon I'm taking some more sewing back and will get paid. This will go straight to the bank to be paid off debts.:j:T

A trip to the shops is planned and to the local haberdashery stall at
    the market.

I also now have printer ink so I'm going to complete a PPI form relating to my initial mortgage. I was very naive when I took it out and was sold loads of stupid insurances. Ah well we live and learn don't we.

Finally my last thing. I have been paid :jand its a bit more than I expected:j:j. I wasn't expecting to be paid again until the end of September. This afternoon I'm going to sit and do my budget on Everydollar.

Anyway, have a good day all. Xxx

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wow Parsniphead, you are really going for it with sorting out the house. Well done on sorting the greenhouse. You have been paid for sewing and are reducing debt. You are on a roll so keep rolling :)

How are you finding every dollar counts?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills