Income support not been paid

Options
Hi mine and my partners income support not been paid our bank normally forecast the Monday transactions on a Saturday yorkshire bank. Now we know the issue is not the bank as my partners carers has went in as normal. In December I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I was already getting dla as I am autistic. I am wondering if this is something to do with my recent pip claim. Thanks in advance

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you actually been awarded PIP? If so, at what levels?

And what levels were/are your DLA claims?
  • Daniel2578588
    Options
    Dla rates where low for mobility medium for care. I have had no award letter for pip yet but they told me on the phone a few days ago they have the report and everything is with the decision makers and I will have a decision imminently
  • pmlindyloo
    Options
    So, there are several possibilities:

1. There has been a 'hitch' their end with IS payments.
    2. There has been a change of circumstances which you haven't told us about (more income etc) but usually you get a letter if the suspend your payments
    3. You have been awarded PIP at a rate which entitled you to another premium (more money)

Let's hope it's number 3 and they are just sorting the new payment out. It is often the case that a new award for PIP starts before you are actually informed by letter.

For peace of mind you need to telephone them and find out.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It is possible that a PIP award has been flagged on your Income Support. All the IS system will see is a change and this can prevent payment being released. Call IS on Monday morning, assuming payment hasn't hit your bank by then.
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    DWP normally tell claimants not to contact or enquire about payments until the date of payment which wouldn't be a Saturday. Does the Income Support always get paid on a Monday? I wouldn't of thought DLA or PIP claims would effect means tested benefits
  • pmlindyloo
    Options
    paragon909 wrote: »
    DWP normally tell claimants not to contact or enquire about payments until the date of payment which wouldn't be a Saturday. Does the Income Support always get paid on a Monday? I wouldn't of thought DLA or PIP claims would effect means tested benefits

DLA and PIP affect Income support as they can mean extra disability premiums.
  • Daniel2578588
    Options
    Income support is always Monday my bank forecast Monday payments on a Saturday so for years now it's been there without fail on Saturday
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    So are you in a joint income support claim then?
  • Daniel2578588
    Options
    Yes the income support is joint claim
  • midnight_express
    Options
    The payment is not overdue until Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure