IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye + Equita PLEASE READ

Options
pappa_golf
pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 8 December 2015 at 8:15PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
please read this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5375731 ,

BEFORE ringing or writing to parking eye or Equita

watch the thread , read it daily to see what has been added , also check pepipoo and other forums

DO NOT do anything rash , the letter sent is just from a debt collection company

and just to make you smile

TV licencing = Capita group
Parking eye = Capita group
Equita = Capita group

the courts have a max figure they can make you pay Parking eye add £50 for dubious solisitors costs

now they are sending you letters for £175-200 , however if they go to court and you loose , and don,t kick off this is the max they can get

solicitor%2Bcosts.jpg

yes , parking eye have just kicked out DR+ and are doing it in house

and they will have to pay THERE solicitor about £300 , so its a loose loose for them
Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita

Comments

• catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And, in any case, just for the avoidance of any doubt....

Never, ever, ever phone a private parking company or any associated debt recovery company.

Ever.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and tell a friend!
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just passed on to me , I remember the Wonga cases where they used ficticious debt collection companies , however "cash Gienie" have been slagged and fined for passing charges to there SISTER company and inflating costs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33675522

PE , passing there cases to a sister company are doing the same thing , smells fishy ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Zoee
    Zoee Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options

Two Equita letters arrived today (8 Dec 2015)and had no mention of dates, times or where these incidents had occurred except ‘Parking Eye Ltd has written to you recently’.

So I telephoned Equita and learned on 3 Dec 2015, Equita received instruction from Parking Eye to collect on fines for 28 Mar 2013 23:30pm and 21 Jul 2013 14:09hrs for 'parking' in a Morrisons carpark.

Yep both incidents occurred 2013!

The Morrison store in question closes 22:00pm and the parking sign stated:

‘This car park is private property and for the use of customers only, whilst shopping in the store’

Being there at 23:30pm and with the store closed, didn’t think it feasible to punch a ticket

Why has it taken over 2 years, 8 months and the other 2 years, 4 months to be passed to bailiffs?

There were no reminder letters of the outstanding payments this year or last year and am left wondering is this bailiff instruction legal?

Surely there are procedures and deadlines from ticket issue to Equita intervention. Is there?

Any suggestions on what I can do is appreciated.
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are trying to cash in on winning the Beavis case, they now think they are infallible.
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 December 2015 at 9:52PM
    Options
    Bailiff instruction? Really??

It's just a letter from a debt collector. They are powerless.
    bailiffs would not get involved unless you were:
    taken to court,
    lost,
    then didn't pay and
    then (I think) the creditor goes to the High Court to get bailiffs appointed.

I'm sure someone will put me right if I got the last bit wrong, but you get the gist of it...

And please, never phone a PPC or their debt colletors again.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    umm , you have not read the newbies thread

they are NOT BAILIFFS! they are debt collectors who are owned by PE !!

do not ring or write , instead complain that PE are using there sister company of debt collectors to inflate costs , do this to
    [EMAIL="info@britishparking.co.uk"]info@britishparking.co.uk[/EMAIL] and be sure to mention the words "sister company" and throw in the words "cash genie"

DO IT!!
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • seychelles
    Options
    Hi all... Received a letter from EQUITA today dated 2nd December also as others on this thread but mine was for £200.00
    I DID PHONE THEM but did act innocent and 'never knew anything about anything'
    The alleged incident took place 30 months ago.
    I will not make any more contact with them now after reading all this...
    I did take advice from on here when the incident did happen with parking eye and will do likewise now.
    And i will keep looking on here....
    And thank you to all the posters for their prompt advice and messages :):D
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok , good , we will have to see how it pans out , please make a complaint to the British parking asso [EMAIL="info@britishparking.co.uk"]info@britishparking.co.uk[/EMAIL] complaining about the dates , the lack of info the ESCALATED costs and the fact that PE are using there sister company of debt collectors to artificially double the price and write to you in what you think is a threatening manner .

you can also say something (act thick) that its illegal to send fake letters you say as per Wonga , the next person "cash genie" , and you are going to go to TS, citizen advice and others to check up on this

DO IT !!!

every person that has received a ticket EMAIL THE BPA NOW , complaining
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    ok , good , we will have to see how it pans out , please make a complaint to the British parking asso [EMAIL="info@britishparking.co.uk"]info@britishparking.co.uk[/EMAIL] complaining about the dates , the lack of info the ESCALATED costs and the fact that PE are using there sister company of debt collectors to artificially double the price and write to you in what you think is a threatening manner .

you can also say something (act thick) that its illegal to send fake letters you say as per Wonga , the next person "cash genie" , and you are going to go to TS, citizen advice and others to check up on this

DO IT !!!

every person that has received a ticket EMAIL THE BPA NOW , complaining

The Daily and Sunday Mail are very good at exposing scams
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-299115/Contact-Daily-Mail-Mail-Sunday.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure