Flubit - beware of problems

Options
Just a warning that might help people avoid the problems I've had.

Flubit (https://www.flubit.com) is a company which claims to beat Amazon prices. You find an item on Amazon, contact Flubit, and they then beat the price.

Step One: Find the product you want to buy on Amazon.co.uk
Step Two: Give us the exact Amazon.co.uk URL (web address)
Step Three: We'll create you a better price on the exact same item

My recent experience with Flubit has been very poor. First there was a long delay before anything at all happened (the Amazon orders had long gone out to customers). The money was taken immediately, of course. After a lot of pushing, Flubit did finally get round to sending what had been paid for, but then the problems continued.

What Flubit supplied was not the item that could have been purchased from Amazon. For a slightly lower price what they actually supplied was an old model, which they will doubtless have paid considerably less for.

No amount of argument would persuade them to provide the item that Amazon were supplying, and the experience taught me to avoid any future dealings with Flubit.

Amazon being Amazon, any problems you have are quickly resolved. That was not the case with Flubit, and I would certainly not want to be dealing with them on a faulty goods issue.

With Amazon (but not necessarily Marketplace) you can also be certain that you're going to get genuine goods (no fakes). Flubit supplied me with an obsolete item that Amazon had stopped selling.
Given that Flubit and its unknown suppliers are prepared to sell outdated products, and then refuse to provide the correct item, it's impossible to have any confidence in what they're selling.

Flubit may, or may not, sell you something at a slightly lower price than Amazon. But you don't know what you're getting, where or who it's coming from, and you may well struggle to get them to sort out any problems you get with the purchase.

Stick with Amazon - it may cost you slightly more than Flubit, but it may also save you an awful lot of problems.

Comments

• Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I ditched flubit jan last year after several successful transactions. They took payment for a guitar (birthday present for my son) yet had long delays in getting it despatched. I had several unpleasant conversations with them by email and phone resulting in me cancelling the order a week or so after I had paid them as they had done absolutely nothing. Wont touch them with a bargepole now, happy to pay a couple of extra quid for peace of mind at amazon.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • metron
    metron Posts: 69 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I ditched flubit jan last year after several successful transactions. They took payment for a guitar (birthday present for my son) yet had long delays in getting it despatched. I had several unpleasant conversations with them by email and phone resulting in me cancelling the order a week or so after I had paid them as they had done absolutely nothing. Wont touch them with a bargepole now, happy to pay a couple of extra quid for peace of mind at amazon.
    Not just me then! I rather guessed that might be the case from some of the other negative publicity I've been reading about Flubit.

I see they're also providing their services via Bespoke Offers now, presumably in an attempt to get more customers. It also manages to hide the somewhat damaged Flubit name from view too, I suppose, so a double advantage!

Like you, Flubit is an outfit I won't be touching with a bargepole either.
  • the_queue
    Options
    What a bunch of complainers you lot are; Flubit is fantastic, never had a problem with them and used them over the last thing to buy about 12 items; I always get them cheaper, given sometimes they don't have the item; but that's the name of the game when you're a penny pinching cheapskate like we obviously are.

What you have to understand is nobody wants to give a discount on anything because as a seller you want to make all the money you can, so for a company like Flubit to be able to do this so well, its amazing.

And in case you haven't noticed, Flubit tells you where the item is coming from when you accept an offer; 9/10 it comes from an Amazon seller, the majority of them reputable sellers with a long history; I've even had John Lewis and Argos items before.

For anyone new reading this; don't listen to these bitter one-time use complainers who obviously haven't used the service enough to form a balanced opinion; if you don't want to listen to me type them into Google and see what other reviews are out there; I'm sure more will agree with me than not.
  • Money-Saving-King
    Options
    the_queue wrote: »
    What a bunch of complainers you lot are; Flubit is fantastic, never had a problem with them and used them over the last thing to buy about 12 items; I always get them cheaper, given sometimes they don't have the item; but that's the name of the game when you're a penny pinching cheapskate like we obviously are.

What you have to understand is nobody wants to give a discount on anything because as a seller you want to make all the money you can, so for a company like Flubit to be able to do this so well, its amazing.

And in case you haven't noticed, Flubit tells you where the item is coming from when you accept an offer; 9/10 it comes from an Amazon seller, the majority of them reputable sellers with a long history; I've even had John Lewis and Argos items before.

For anyone new reading this; don't listen to these bitter one-time use complainers who obviously haven't used the service enough to form a balanced opinion; if you don't want to listen to me type them into Google and see what other reviews are out there; I'm sure more will agree with me than not.

Be warned, there's a few who won't be able to help themselves now and post that they think you work for the company!

I've used them and have had no problem. Last time was yesterday evening & got over 10% off.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Be warned, there's a few who won't be able to help themselves now and post that they think you work for the company!

Why would someone join this forum and post only to praise the company that is getting negative publicity? Why would someone be so enamoured with a company that they would spend the time and effort in doing this, if they didn't have some form of connection with the company or had something to gain by making a positive comment?
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What a bunch of complainers you lot are

Two people posted, both with what appear to be valid complaints.

On the other hand you've just signed up to praise them. Why would you do that?
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 January 2015 at 2:29PM
    Options
    That's why we have a Praise & vent forum so people can vent or praise the service they received. Have not used Flub it myself but there two posts judging by what people have posted seems they have a legitimate complaint

How do you know they haven't used service much? even if they hadn't doesn't make there complaint valid.

How many times do you use a service before you can say with doubt it's great? Most people give a company once maybe twice a chance. Often its how a company fixes a problem that may make a customer want to use the service again

• trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options

Where does it tell you where it's coming from? The items I've ordered said "Fireworks Merchant" (who?). The first one turned out to be from John Lewis., which was great. I ordered another item last week but it's past its ETA and it still hasn't arrived....

I'm also worried about getting "exactly" what was on the Amazon listing. I raised a couple of "demands" this week for PC bits. One was for a branded eSATA housing. The offer from Flubit appeared to be for an unbranded one (the brand had been deleted from the description). The overall price was less but theirs listed postage separately. The item itself was less than half the price of Ebuyer's price for the branded one excluding postage. The other item was a drive bay for a Thinkpad laptop. They asked me what colour/size I wanted and gave a list of Thinkpad models. The original Amazon listing was quite specific!
  • metron
    metron Posts: 69 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This gets worse and worse, actually.

I decided to post on my bad experiences with Flubit on Twitter and Facebook. Initially, they appeared helpful, but as soon as it became clear that they'd sent an obsolete, cheaper product instead of the one that Amazon were selling (and then refused to do anything about it) they decided to close ranks and try to pretend that it was somehow my fault.

That's an easy way out - apart from the small problem of its being entirely untrue. I sent them the Amazon link, and they supplied an entirely different article from the one that Amazon sent.

So I returned to Facebook and Twitter to contradict their incorrect version of events and guess what?

You are blocked from following @flubitweet and viewing @flubitweet's Tweets.

So I can't comment on their Twitter page any more, and there's a similar block on their Facebook page.

Wonderful! So if you dare to criticise Flubit, they block you from doing so.

That, to me, says an awful lot about Flubit. They delay an order, then they supply the wrong goods, then they refuse to supply the correct goods. And finally, just for good measure, they block you from telling anyone else how bad they are on Twitter and Facebook.

Buy from Flubit at your peril. It really is not a company you want to be doing business with.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Ordered 4 times over the last year , got 4 offers and accepted and paid , then all 4 were cancelled the next day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure