IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Big plea for help.Court date given. Pe

Options
Hi all,

Posted a while back re a pe ticket. I have now been issued a court date for the hearing. Apparently this was sent a couple of weeks back but ive only found the date by chasing them!!!
So ive now got a month to sort it and to be honest im totally drowning in it! Ive no idea what i should be doing!
Before giving the court date i was asked if i would try mediation which i agreed to but pe did not, since being allocated to my local court ive been asked again, again i said yes and the reason i rang to chase was because i hadnt heard anything. Apparently they have also agreed this time but the woman on the phone was basically telling me not to get my hopes up as pinning them down to the phone mediation is hard work!!
so basically help!!! Im only young i dont understand the complicated ins and outs but obviously would like to try my best to go to court prepared and fight this as well i have no other choice i certainly dont have the spare money to pay the fine and all the add on's!!

Where do i look for help! Ive tried to find my orig post so the backkground info would be there but cant seem to find it!
any advivce and help would be greatly greatly appreciated!!

Oh and to add ive written twice to pe to request contract with land owners and proof the cameras and ticket machine were calaberated correctly time wise as i dont agree with their times stated on the fine to when i parked! Suprise suprise ive had no response!!

Comments

• trubster
    trubster Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    We’ve had to remove your signature because your opinion differs from ours. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why you can not have your own opinion on here and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • trubster
    trubster Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    What defence did you submit?
    We’ve had to remove your signature because your opinion differs from ours. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why you can not have your own opinion on here and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • eddy1
    eddy1 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Mcbm

you probably should have posted on the same thread to keep all info together
    I believe that you should be looking on sticky thread regarding LBCCC and trying to construct your defence around the issues that are highlighted on there, and your particular circumstances

it also offers mediation advice, and methods I believe. I think you need to get a letter to them (template should be on sticky) re mediation offer. does not matter if they accept or not, you need to show evidence you have made an attempt (not by phone, no evidence)

I believe you should get sound advice from some more experienced posters

regards

eddy
  • Mcbm
    Mcbm Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    will try find the original post i posted it on and re post it on here.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,942 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 September 2014 at 5:13PM
    Options
    Mcbm wrote: »
    will try find the original post i posted it on and re post it on here.
    So if you have a hearing date then you have a filing date to submit your full defence & exhibits then? How long do you have and what was your first defence statement? And which court is it and when - we like to help if possible (can't promise) but we like to know when & where and there's no point hiding such details.

Also, reading the linked Small Claims info from the Newbies thread, and the Prankster's Guide is what you need to do. You should be asking for a stay for the Beavis case - if you don't know what that means, you haven't read enough threads yet!

Finally please send a pm to Crabman to ask him to merge the 2 threads. This new thread isn't helpful as we can't advise you without seeing your background story and what has already been said and done, whether you used POPLA or not, whether you appealed, where this was, etc. You only had to click on your own username to see your threads & posts!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mcbm
    Options
    The court date is 24th Oct so everything to be submitted 2 week prior and it is Bradford Crown Court.
    Will message Crabman, sorry was un aware i could do it via the profile. thanks x
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Perhaps The Deep can assist here with the formulation of a defence, as he so often advocates PCNs are allowed to progress to court.

This is what he said earlier today to CM.
    Being taken to the CC by a PPC is not the end of the world you know CM, (I take it you have never been), are you familiar with Niemoller? m It's all about cojones
    :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,942 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 September 2014 at 9:35PM
    Options
    Mcbm wrote: »
    The court date is 24th Oct so everything to be submitted 2 week prior and it is Bradford Crown Court.
    Will message Crabman, sorry was un aware i could do it via the profile. thanks x
    Hope you get this Judge at Bradford recently, who didn't like parking signs with confusing wording:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/ukcps-claim-dismissed-judge-rules.html

And so now is the time to ask if your Judge will follow the orders in other cases and use discretion to order a 'stay' for the Beavis outcome or for POPLA instead (as covered in the newbies thread links in post #5 of the sticky). This would save court time...blah blah...(usual wording). Please do read the links and details I show people there, because NOT all cases even with a court date, end up in a hearing. Most do though, and PE send a law representative (they can be arrogant gits so, don't accept any last minute paperwork outside the court room, nor let yourself be intimidated. Be very well prepared and, maybe...major on signage, I would suggest!).

I don't suppose the sign in your case says 'failure to comply with THIS' does it? Like in liseylou's case the other week with PE, which she won? Her thread is linked in the Newbies thread post #5 along with all the other useful stuff I could put together in one place for people in your shoes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mcbm
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-mad. Yes re-read through a lot of it all last night as first read months back so lots of new bits.
    In the process of drafting a letter to the court now ( will cross fingers and toes that it could be the same judge as from the prankers page!)
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family