ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• Princess_Jane
    Options
    Thanks - I've checked no DD are in place with either of my two bank accounts and asked them to put notes on the file stating no DD is to be set up to Erudio without my consent.

Erudio says it will email me the deferment forms, which I'm sure will be a quick and painless process to complete ;)

I'm hearing talk of P60s and all kinds of carry on.
    DEBT FREE! Sep '08/£9,800 in Oct '06 :beer:
  • Eeey
    Eeey Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on the contacting the bank. They were very helpful and refunded my money. After several calls and emails to Erudio &, a letter and reminding them that I am recording their calls, they are making me sicker, and that the only reason I took the loan on was that I understood I would be able to defer if things went less well than expected, I finally, hopefully, got the letter saying that I was deferred till next year. Today I notice there have been two BACs into my account making up the amount they took from me, that was already returned by the DD refund.

Is that extra bit now my money or are they fishing?
  • Princess_Jane
    Options
    Glad to hear the DD refund process works! Did you have to prove anything to the bank, or were they just happy to refund?

I'm expecting the worst, which is telling, as I've been deferring since 2001 with no problems.
  • Eeey
    Eeey Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I didn't have to prove anything. I put the request in by online chat with NW
  • Princess_Jane
    Options
    I'll bear that in mind, ta.
  • aloadoflatchikos
    Options
    I received a phone call form Erudio today to inform me that I was two months in arrears. When I explained that I hadn't even been informed that I was one month in arrears, nor that my deferment had been unsuccessful I was met with..........SILENCE!

I was then asked why I hadn't provided any information on the benefits we get.... I respond by asking them to clarify that the information had yet again gone missing from their system. Miraculously, the very same information appeared on the system with a couple of mouse clicks.

I was then asked to supply my SA302 or tax return. I told them I was happy to do so once they explained to me how legally they are allowed to see it when I have already provided them with my accounts as prepared by my accountant. I was told that they had to see my self employed income stated on an official HMRC form....... I told them to look at my Tax Credits award notice as it has on the relevant information. I was then told this wasn't acceptable but they had accepted my employed income. When I started laughing, they gent on the other end of the phone asked why I was laughing to which I replied that I had provided NO evidence of my employed income other than the Tax Credits letter and was confused as to how they could accept that for my employed income and not my self employed income.... Another deafening silence.....

I also asked why deferment had been unsuccessful only to be informed that my deferment had been inactive for some time and was therefore denied. When I asked how they could class it as inactive when I was waiting for a response from them to a letter I wrote them in April I was given the run around for 10 minutes but no real answer.

Unfortunately my mobile signal dropped out (I was driving and yes, I was using a hands free kit!!) and they still haven't rung me back.

Now I'm through getting wound up and have decided to go to a debt advice service to get them to speak to erudio on my behalf. I am unwilling to deal with these people myself when they cannot be bothered to actually tell the truth and don't explain themselves adequately. I think it will be interesting to see how they deal with an outside agency....... :D
    Write a letter of complaint to Erudio, make sure it is by registered letter. They will be forced to put your account on hold for 8 weeks from the time which they receive the letter. Simultaneously, contact the Financial Ombudsman , explain the situation and ask for a reference number, in order to use that against Erudio, if the need arises. Just for good measure contact your local MP. Do not phone them, they are a debt collecting company, who are: deceitful, devious downright liars. Get everything in writing. It took me 2 months to get a deferment, persistence pays off, do not accept any of their b..l sh... .
  • StressedHubby
    Options
    Write a letter of complaint to Erudio, make sure it is by registered letter. They will be forced to put your account on hold for 8 weeks from the time which they receive the letter. Simultaneously, contact the Financial Ombudsman , explain the situation and ask for a reference number, in order to use that against Erudio, if the need arises. Just for good measure contact your local MP. Do not phone them, they are a debt collecting company, who are: deceitful, devious downright liars. Get everything in writing. It took me 2 months to get a deferment, persistence pays off, do not accept any of their b..l sh... .

I am seriously thinking of putting in a complaint, but will wait until I have spoken with the debt advisors on Monday. As of Monday my account will be on hold whilst the Debt Advisors look into my affairs. They will be asking Erudio for all of their documentation so at least I get to see everything they have!

At this point, I really fear for the rest of my time with these loans as it would appear that Erudio will go to rather extraordinary lengths in order to get repayments.
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    yep, thats why we all have to raise the alarm and spread the word right now, whilst they are starting their 'operation'. If they are allowed to get away with this, things will get worse year on year (i suspect they will anyway), so we need to force their hand and make them answer questions and complaints, and indeed the whole process, in as clear a way as possible right now. Tell everyone you can think! Bad publicity is the only thing that has made a difference thus far, and although it is far from perfect, we have already forced them to enact a number of things, including cancelling their direct debit thefts (on as wider scale as was happening anyway a couple of months back), commit them to redsigning their form, and getting them to admit and accept that certain pieces of info on the forms are unnecessary. They are also giving the CRA issue much more thought that they wished to, whether they do in fact report us all or not, and that has only come from contacting MPs, BIS, journalists, and posting less than nice messages on as much social media as possible about Arrow, Zach Lewy, Erudio, Capita, the shell company situation, Arrow's Experian Collections Network, the contracting out of the deferment process, at least 3 companies that now have all the info we provided in private to the government for the loan, etc etc. It is the sorry state that the world has come to that only bad publicity makes these companies change anything, no matter how small those concessions are.
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Received Erudio's final response to my complaint this morning, upheld in part, some good news on the DD issue:

"Please accept our apologies for the correspondence from Erudio which stated you would be in breach of your agreement if you did not have a direct debit set up on your account. We have reviewed our policies and we can confirm we no longer require a direct debit to be set up on an account when it is deferred. We can confirm we hold your direct debit details in our records; however we will not take any payments while your loan account is deferred".

So the DD's now cancelled with my bank :)

Erudio are sticking to their guns over reporting to CRA's, saying it's in accordance with section 16 of the credit agreement, so I'll be taking that part of the complaint to the FOS.
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thank god for this thread and other like it. In the same boat as most on here. Still waiting on a reply to my complaint about not being deferred promptly and that was 29.5. I sent a covering letter and three months payslips not their form. I have sent off a CCA request on same date, heard nothing on that either.

Got a 'you are two months in arrears letter' on July 1. Really angry now. Sent a second complaint about their terrible customer service, harassment tactics, my distress - quoted the Ferguson V British Gas ruling from 2009. Still awaiting a response. Will wait for their response before going to FOS regardless if am deferred or not.

They really are a Shower and I would have been mega stressed if I had not read this thread and others like it. Would just say to everyone dealing with them: don't let them wear you down, they are a DCA and someone will soon take them to court over their actions: we might have to set up a Kickstarter to get that done.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback